Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ManInTheBox

The *most* important question about wave 6

Recommended Posts

How many of each are you thinking about buying?

I picked up two each of the Lib and Interdictor and probably didn't really need double of either, but they did come with some great cards.

I'm inclined towards two of each of these (so: 4 Hammerheads) but I'm finding it hard to work out whether more than one of either will just be for very niche lists.

Hammerheads might be a great boon to MSUs and replace flotillas for activations in a combat capable ship, but will you want 4? What about the Quasar? Are you likely to run more than one to push bombers and for boarding shenanigans? Or is that too many points sunk into a support ship?

I appreciate that so much is unknown that there is a degree of wild speculation, but that's what we're best at here. ?

Edited by ManInTheBox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ManInTheBox said:

How many of each are you thinking about buying?

You're totally right on this being the most important question.  For both Asmodee/FFGs bottom line, and the health of Armada.

Right now I'm thinking of sticking with my 2 per expansion approach.  I just don't know if that is going to mean 1 or 2 hammerhead boxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ovinomanc3r said:

I just remembered that the Quasar II has a red anti squadron die. So yes I am pretty sure I will get 2. :)

Ah, yeah, that's a compelling reason (for filthy Imperial admirals who can't stand the might of the heroic pilots of the rebellion, obvs)

2 minutes ago, Thraug said:

2 of each, even though I may never field 4-7 Hammerheads. I can see fielding 8+ hammerheads but hopefully I never get that itch.

That's an expensive itch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely just one of each.  Super interested to see if the Quasar is tough enough to round out a Konny list, and I've been waiting for the Hammerhead to get a Pelta, looks like they'll pair up nicely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Alzer said:

Definitely just one of each.  Super interested to see if the Quasar is tough enough to round out a Konny list, and I've been waiting for the Hammerhead to get a Pelta, looks like they'll pair up nicely.

Are you thinking about Entrapment(!) shenanigans for just a black dice backup for the slow Pelta?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ManInTheBox said:

Ah, yeah, that's a compelling reason (for filthy Imperial admirals who can't stand the might of the heroic pilots of the rebellion, obvs)

I love Kallus and DTT could be funny too but what I like more is the lack of evade tokens on those tereorist's fighters. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ManInTheBox said:

How many of each are you thinking about buying?

I picked up two each of the Lib and Interdictor and probably didn't really need double of either, but they did come with some great cards.

I'm inclined towards two of each of these (so: 4 Hammerheads) but I'm finding it hard to work out whether more than one of either will just be for very niche lists.

Hammerheads might be a great boon to MSUs and replace flotillas for activations in a combat capable ship, but will you want 4? What about the Quasar? Are you likely to run more than one to push bombers and for boarding shenanigans? Or is that too many points sunk into a support ship?

I appreciate that so much is unknown that there is a degree of wild speculation, but that's what we're best at here. ?

It really depends on the Quasar's fleet cost for me. The ISD Avenger I wanna run is at 179 points, so if I can fit two Quasars with minor upgrades, a Goz, and I can still field 9-12 ties, I'd definitely run 2. But the more likely outcome is it's going to be heavily over priced for the firepower/abilities it has (like the interdictor) and I'll only be able to run one in a build. I was under the impression the Quasar was small enough to be a small based ship. Medium makes me nervous about it's cost. (Hammerheads I'll likely only snag one, unless they have something other than ramming up their sleeves)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It makes a big difference how the boarding upgrades are distributed, and how they work out on the table. Will the Hammerheads only come with one Boarding Engineers? How sad that would be. Will the Quasar be the only place to get a single Boarding Troopers, which I might want to run on multiple Raiders?

We see one double upgrade card in the Hammerhead preview picture, in addition to BE. Do both expansions have both boarding types? Are there more boarding upgrades? Gotta know.

Edited by Nostromoid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well given the really interesting (if sadly predictable!) tactics for the Hammerhead, I might pick up 2-3 of them and go for a 'Divine Wind' list.  The Quasar-Fire?  Just one to begin with I think, and see how it performs.  It doesn't get much more space-triangly than that though, does it :-D

(I'd be interested to see if anyone has views on integrating a QF into a reb fleet, too... not for any particular reason of course, no spoilers here ;-) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 of each, maybe 2x box's of Hammerheads, when the urge to repaint them and have one with a red, blue and green paint job, becomes to great to resist :P

Edited by Kiwi Rat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 of each, if only for the cards. If the Hammerheads are cheap points wise, i reckon i could squeeze in a third box for maximum ramming shenanigans! 

Im not a big Imperial player yet, but between the Quasar and the Arquittens i think I'm slowly coming round...

Edited by GammonLord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I run mosty Imperials, so Ill probably get one of each and then snag a second Quasar after a month or two once Ive had a few games with it.

Second Hammerhead box would depend on getting more local opponents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...