TasteTheRainbow

Wave 11 article is up!

I am more excited than I thought I would be for these ships. The TIE Aggressor looks like it'll be a ton of fun and the Y-Wings may have more than just a TLT purpose. Excited for all three of these!

Just now, nigeltastic said:

What card are you reading? "Your attack dice may only be modified by spending a focus token for its standard effect" means no target lock, no predator, no emperor, no sensor jammer, nothing but spending a focus to turn eyeballs to hits.

swx66-unguided-rockets.png

Exactly. And it costs a focus token to fire them, so you won't have one to spend to modify anyway. Looks like a horrible missile unless I'm forgetting how Attack:Focus works.

2 minutes ago, nigeltastic said:

What card are you reading? "Your attack dice may only be modified by spending a focus token for its standard effect" means no target lock, no predator, no emperor, no sensor jammer, nothing but spending a focus to turn eyeballs to hits.

It also means your opponent can't do anything to your attack dice at all.

Just now, ViscerothSWG said:

Exactly. And it costs a focus token to fire them, so you won't have one to spend to modify anyway. Looks like a horrible missile unless I'm forgetting how Attack:Focus works.

Don't have to spend the focus unless it tells you to do so.  You just need one to declare the attack.

1 minute ago, ViscerothSWG said:

You are. It's like proton rockets. Attack [thingy] just means you must have the thingy to shoot. See homing missiles as well.

3 minutes ago, ViscerothSWG said:

You are.  Attack: blah just means you must HAVE blah to attack.  The requirement to spend it is specified in the card text - c.f. the difference between Homing Missiles and Concussion Missiles.

29 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

Reinforce action makes you choose front/back.

Looks like it's more if you're defending against an attacker in arc or out of arc.  So it's not a blanket defense like the Epic version; if you're both in and out of arc of two different defenders, that token is only going to help you against one of them.

10 minutes ago, ViscerothSWG said:

It doesn't, you just need to have one.

On further pondering an interesting card. 5 Bombers will certainly be something to try. Only question is what to do with the 10 floating points. 5 Seismics? Pretty fun idea. Lightweight Frames to combat TLTs who will surge in popularity purely because of a new platform? These new Scimitars will be radicaly different from what they used to be, but they sound like lots of fun. If challenging to fly, since any K-Turn reduces your primary for at least one turn.

Edited by Admiral Deathrain
Wrote 4 meant 5, might need to buy a 7th Bomber...

17 minutes ago, melminiatures said:

I think this confirms it. They made the TIE Punisher and the TIE Agressor. They are only making TIE fighters for the Empire. There will never be Assault Gunboat or Missile Boat.

...but for those that miss and want these ICONIC vessels, just search "mel miniatures" on Shapeways. Booyah!

16 minutes ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

Hm, that Rocket card looks interesting on Thomax Bren, but not on many other ships to be honest. Maybe 18 point Scimitars prove me wrong, though!

Cutlass Squadron with Unguided Rockets comes in a 23pts., 25 if you want to add Lightweight Frame for 2 Agi with 9HP and a 3 die, 1-3 range secondary that can't be modded by you or the enemy except by your own Focus.

System slot is opened up for other things now as FCS is no longer needed, AC doesn't work. Sensor Jammer for more tankyness, but that's kind pricy at 4 pts. Collision Detector for 0 or maybe some niche cases for Adv Sensor boosting since Hux is a thing* and you may be getting your Focus token elsewhere but I don't know about that.

Opening up the mod slot for LWF though is a good thing IMO.

* and Fanatical Devotion still works with Unguided Rockets

Edited by kris40k