Jump to content
TasteTheRainbow

Wave 11 article is up!

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, John Rainbow said:

What do we think of the new 'unguided rockets' upgrade? Seems like a dud to me - why would you want them other than to shoot a range 3 shot with no range bonus for them?

No discard. Huge buff to bombers, punishers and the new tie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like that Synced Turret as a followup to what they've done with Rey and Dengar - Turreted ships should still have to care about where they are on the board.

I don't know how good it will be, but my first thought is to use it with BTL-A4 Y-Wings so that both shots can be modified easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wookie Ship: Does that thing have a 180 firing arc or are they just using the same exact line pattern to divide the halves of the ship for Reinforce? It mentions " Or if you reinforce your Auzituck's aft, you gain an extra evade result against any attack made by an enemy outside your firing arc. " which makes me believe thats a 180 firing arc. HELL YEAH!
Also...everyone was wondering what the Rebel "----lessness" card would be? there it is, "Selflessness" and its unique for some reason. No idea what it does but thats pretty clear what its called lol.

Scurgg: stats alone make me want this ship and make me fear for its dial. 10hp for 24pts at the PS1 level? And it looks like the only rebel pilot is Nym, which is...odd...even if it is thematic. Not sure if i care about the Salvaged Astromech slot since its denied nonunique mechs yet, gotta see what that R4 unit does.

TIE Aggressor: Cheap TLT user for the Imps! Hazaa! Also double missiles? odd combination. Though it does have a double missile card you dont discard. I dont fully understand the wording on that card though, it sounds like they should have said "You may only mod your dice with focus tokens" to me. Also the new turret is interesting though im not sure who i'd want that on.

Wookie ship is clearly the winner so far. Things change as we see dials and more cards though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mangipan said:

I really like that Synced Turret as a followup to what they've done with Rey and Dengar - Turreted ships should still have to care about where they are on the board.

I don't know how good it will be, but my first thought is to use it with BTL-A4 Y-Wings so that both shots can be modified easily.

Srsly.  I really like the design of that.  I think they might have hit the nail on the head for 'range 1-2 3-attack turret' here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vineheart01 said:

Wookie Ship: Does that thing have a 180 firing arc or are they just using the same exact line pattern to divide the halves of the ship for Reinforce? It mentions " Or if you reinforce your Auzituck's aft, you gain an extra evade result against any attack made by an enemy outside your firing arc. " which makes me believe thats a 180 firing arc. HELL YEAH!
Also...everyone was wondering what the Rebel "----lessness" card would be? there it is, "Selflessness" and its unique for some reason. No idea what it does but thats pretty clear what its called lol.

Scurgg: stats alone make me want this ship and make me fear for its dial. 10hp for 24pts at the PS1 level? And it looks like the only rebel pilot is Nym, which is...odd...even if it is thematic. Not sure if i care about the Salvaged Astromech slot since its denied nonunique mechs yet, gotta see what that R4 unit does.

TIE Aggressor: Cheap TLT user for the Imps! Hazaa! Also double missiles? odd combination. Though it does have a double missile card you dont discard. I dont fully understand the wording on that card though, it sounds like they should have said "You may only mod your dice with focus tokens" to me. Also the new turret is interesting though im not sure who i'd want that on.

Wookie ship is clearly the winner so far. Things change as we see dials and more cards though.

If they said ou could only mod with focus tokens you could e.g. mod with calculation or mod with Weapons Guidance, which they evidently want to avoid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, John Rainbow said:

What do we think of the new 'unguided rockets' upgrade? Seems like a dud to me - why would you want them other than to shoot a range 3 shot with no range bonus for them?

Besides the "no discard" that it mentions, this could free up 2 pts from EM if you just want to build a rocket boat. It could bring low PS bombers back into play as you don't need to worry about locks to be able to fire out to range 3 with no range defense bonus. It's not bad for a budget build. You can't use Chimps with them, but that does free up the slot for LWF to bring up your survivability, since LRS will not be needed either.

My initial impression is that it is a good card for budget builds. One of the problems with ordinance ships was that they go too expensive too fast.

If you run bombs on a Bomber or Punisher, you still can grab EM with a torp slot to get more bombs as needed. Redline is going to scoff at this though, just keep Homing Missles on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thespaceinvader said:

If they said ou could only mod with focus tokens you could e.g. mod with calculation or mod with Weapons Guidance, which they evidently want to avoid.

Yeah but the current wording makes no mention that you can ONLY spend a focus token. Im positive thats what they meant (no TL or outside abilities) but thats really bad choice of words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Copy of my post from the other thread...

Unguided rockets seemed kinda meh until I noticed you don't discard them to fire. Interesting upgrade, 2 points and two missile slots for what's basically a 3 die range 1-3 cannon secondary weapon. That restriction that you can only modify its dice with a focus token though is a little meh. Synced Turret BTL-A4 Y-wings seem like they should be pretty nasty as they'll be able to get mods on both shots now. Unhinged on Scum and R2s on Rebels, not bad. I'm really curious what Intensity's other side does given the cost to flip it back over.

That said none of the actual ships hold any interest for me personally. Second wave in a row I'll be buying just for the cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

TIE Aggressor: Cheap TLT user for the Imps! Hazaa! Also double missiles? odd combination. Though it does have a double missile card you dont discard. I dont fully understand the wording on that card though, it sounds like they should have said "You may only mod your dice with focus tokens" to me. Also the new turret is interesting though im not sure who i'd want that on.

 

It's worded like that because you can do other things with focus tokens.  The first one that comes to mind is weapons guidance.  Weapons Guidance doesn't work with unguided rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of these upgrades look so amazing.  I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what a synced turret on the Ghost can do.

I also really want to see the text of cruise missiles and that crew card that mentions reinforce (maybe after taking damage?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vineheart01 said:

Yeah but the current wording makes no mention that you can ONLY spend a focus token. Im positive thats what they meant (no TL or outside abilities) but thats really bad choice of words

What card are you reading? "Your attack dice may only be modified by spending a focus token for its standard effect" means no target lock, no predator, no emperor, no sensor jammer, nothing but spending a focus to turn eyeballs to hits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...