Sign in to follow this  
BlueMusketeer28

Rebels: The One Agility Faction

So with this newest wave leaked, it looks like the rebellion is getting more low agility ships. Speculation has already begun about the gunship being something like a B-Wing, which wouldn't surprise me, given how the ARC is like an X-Wing. So I was just curious about how my fellow rebel scum are feeling about being the low agility faction? It seems like we can't tear away from Biggs, since he is needed to protect our oh so vulnerable ships. Perhaps this reinforce option will let us walk away from him? 

Rebels have always been bad agility. The only 3agi ships they have is the Awing and the stolen TIE. Heck not even that many of their ships are 2agi.

Its the plague that regen and biggs brought. If they get a ship that has access to ANY regen and its super evasive by default it would only NOT be broken if its attack was pathetic.

Just now, Vineheart01 said:

Rebels have always been bad agility. The only 3agi ships they have is the Awing and the stolen TIE. Heck not even that many of their ships are 2agi.

Its the plague that regen and biggs brought. If they get a ship that has access to ANY regen and its super evasive by default it would only NOT be broken if its attack was pathetic.

Rebels do have that ship. It's called the E-Wing, and it's useless outside of Corran Horn. 

4 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

I always fly Corran. Top table at back to back worlds isn't nothing. If you haven't invested some time in learning how to make him work in rebel lists you're really missing out.

This.

I agree, Corran is my first out of the foam when I'm given the Rebel placard; awesome doesn't even begin to describe him.

Including the two new releases, 7 out of 18 ships are AGI1. 3 ships (including the TIE) are AGI3. One is AGI0. The remaining 7 are AGI2, including the U-Wing which is a load of whiff.

Imperials and Scum both have 3 AGI1 ships.

Edited by Lampyridae

Scurrg probably has terrible greens im betting. It seems to have way too much going for it compared to bwings. Bwings dont have amazing greens either, but it would be a shift from a slow to fast dial that differentiates them.

inb4 only 1-2fwd greens /kappa

edit: i doubt reinforce will happen for any ship except the wookie ship. They explicitly designed it to not cover the entire ship. How would you do that without the 180degree lines on the base?

Edited by Vineheart01

2 minutes ago, Elrodthealbino said:

Would a future modification to add the reinforce action help Rebel ships? 

Maybe require a certain hull value or Agi1 so it doesn't end up on Biggs and it should be fine. 

"Switch all power to front deflector shields, switch all power to front deflector shields."

That line is 40 years old and it doesn't translate into T-65s on the board.

2 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Scurrg probably has terrible greens im betting. It seems to have way too much going for it compared to bwings. Bwings dont have amazing greens either, but it would be a shift from a slow to fast dial that differentiates them.

edit: i doubt reinforce will happen for any ship except the wookie ship. They explicitly designed it to not cover the entire ship. How would you do that without the 180degree lines on the base?

Or its just another JumpMaster. :(

Just from the game I recall it being somewhat similar to the Y-Wing in terms of how it handled (with the N-1 being an X-Wing and the Scarab being a A-Wing/TIE).  Haven't played that in ages though so I could be way off.  I suspect it will be more maneuverable than I expect though.

10 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

The reinforce token works in arc and out of arc. For the gunship, due to its arc, this ends up being front and back. Now if you put that on an X wing, it would only work out of the front arc, giving you a very limited but powerful jousting advantage or out of arc which is HUGE. 

Title: Modulating Deflectors
After you complete a maneuver, if you did not bump or overlap an obstacle and still have at least one shield token, you may assign a reinforce token to your ship.

19 minutes ago, Viktus106 said:

The reinforce token works in arc and out of arc. For the gunship, due to its arc, this ends up being front and back. Now if you put that on an X wing, it would only work out of the front arc, giving you a very limited but powerful jousting advantage or out of arc which is HUGE. 

Title: Modulating Deflectors
After you complete a maneuver, if you did not bump or overlap an obstacle and still have at least one shield token, you may assign a reinforce token to your ship.

Awesome idea, however the problem is always Biggs. Biggs with reinforce behind Kanan would never die. Any good card upgrades for Xwing should just say "You cannot equip this on Biggs" FFG just needs to call that mofo out instead of dancing around him. 

5 hours ago, wurms said:

Awesome idea, however the problem is always Biggs. Biggs with reinforce behind Kanan would never die. Any good card upgrades for Xwing should just say "You cannot equip this on Biggs" FFG just needs to call that mofo out instead of dancing around him. 

Could just errata him to say "once per turn"

25 minutes ago, Viktus106 said:

Could just errata him to say "once per turn"

His ability isn't really worded in a way where that makes sense, but you could make it work the way you're thinking if you reword the entire thing.