xanderf

Wave 11 announced at GAMA!

11 minutes ago, markcsoul said:

I think the biggest reason I'm disappointed with this wave is they have virtually all the prequel/clone war ships to still add to the game which are canon, and it had looked like they were going fully canon the past few waves, but now they go back to obscure legends ships again.  I don't get it.

The biggest irony is we still don't have the N-1 in the game, but we will now have a ship (H-6) that first showed up in a videogame designed around the N-1.  Not to mention according to wookieepedia it's already 5 years old at the battle of Naboo, which makes it the oldest ship in the game now I'm pretty sure, so they've really run out of excuses not to add prequel ships now.  And since Asajj is a pilot in the game there really should be more pilots from that era as well. 

The Millennium Falcon was built in BBY 60. Who knows how long they had been making YT-1300s before that. 

37 minutes ago, weisguy119 said:

As a big fan of Jump to Lightspeed, it's nice to see a return of SWG ships.  Like many others, I assumed Disney would squash the old EU ships.

in the canon they appear to be bringing in ships, places, characters, and other such things that enrich the setting. FFG seems to be using a similar approach for Xwing and Armada. by that standard the TIE/AG Aggressor fits well, because it gives the imperials a capability they currently lack.. while still fitting their general aesthetic and approach to things.

Can't wait for the wookie gunship!

I wonder if they'll add the other gunship at some point....

latest?cb=20111015092503

TIE aggressor looks meh, but I guess they needed to add something, and lack of gunboat might be because Rebels has a use for it in season 4 this fall or something... I know the fanboys won't be totally happy, but they mustn't give up hope yet. And the aggressor is a nod to the legends, and the H-6 bomber to.

On a random train of thought, after wave 11 each faction  might have 16 ships each, not including epic.

Edited by cram

Is the wookie gunship the first rebel ship without the ability to target lock? I'm ignoring TIE Fighter because it is stolen. The wookie commandos card looks to be 2 crew, one point, when defending you may reroll your focus results. I'm not sure how effective that will be. Most 2 crew ships don't want to invest both points to reroll maybe one die on defense. 

The double missile card in the aggressor pack has the Attack heading, so it isn't going to be a fix, so much as a new option for heavy ordnance ships. I really hope it has a good range option, if it is restricted to range 1 I will be a sad panda... 

That said, other than you can't get it from a Rebel ship, no reason you couldn't slap Targeting Computer on the Azituck. I'm not sure what else it's mod slot would want - but we'll need a proper preview and stuff before we start making that decision. It seems like a typical rebel brawler/jouster which is keyed to fit all that Rebel crew that exists and more will soon. 

6 minutes ago, Gersun said:

Is the wookie gunship the first rebel ship without the ability to target lock? I'm ignoring TIE Fighter because it is stolen. The wookie commandos card looks to be 2 crew, one point, when defending you may reroll your focus results. I'm not sure how effective that will be. Most 2 crew ships don't want to invest both points to reroll maybe one die on defense. 

The double missile card in the aggressor pack has the Attack heading, so it isn't going to be a fix, so much as a new option for heavy ordnance ships. I really hope it has a good range option, if it is restricted to range 1 I will be a sad panda... 

The attack shuttle also doesn't have Target lock.  

3 hours ago, morsla said:

Double-missile upgrade could be a magazine of rockets, so you don't discard the card after firing... No need for Extra Munitions that way.

I'm voting for this option - a missile that is effectively it's own EM, allowing torpedo-light frames to get in on the action.

I just hope it throws four dice, or is *really* cheap.

Actually, I think the latter option is more interesting...

2 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

More like 747s. The A-10s are definitely the Y-wing.

A-10s are definitely NOT the Y-Wing. Y-Wings are not bristling with extraordinarily heavy weaponry. The only traits the A-10 shares with the Y-Wing is age and durability, but in combat practice they are nothing alike.

Combat Role most shared with the A-10 is the B-Wing, considering the enormous heavy laser cannon B-Wings are packing, along with the huge array of various weaponry.

55 minutes ago, Razgriz25thinf said:

A-10s are definitely NOT the Y-Wing. Y-Wings are not bristling with extraordinarily heavy weaponry. The only traits the A-10 shares with the Y-Wing is age and durability, but in combat practice they are nothing alike.

Combat Role most shared with the A-10 is the B-Wing, considering the enormous heavy laser cannon B-Wings are packing, along with the huge array of various weaponry.

YOu can load a Y-wing up rather heavy. BTL-A4 title and double torpedo slot it can go in hot. It is just that overloading  ship makes it a MOV point sandwich for your opponent.