xanderf

Wave 11 announced at GAMA!

1 minute ago, BlodVargarna said:

TLT is pretty much the lamest upgrade in the game. People who fly 4x TLT lists are likewise lame. 

1 TLT in a list is barely acceptable. 4 is hot garbage. 

Too bad FFG is seemingly oblivious to all the people that hate it. 

I'm excited to get a Scum munitions ship (like the K-wing or TIE Punisher). I am a bit bummed it doesn't come with Extra Munitions, though. I was hoping to get a third copy through the Scum bomber.

Still, I've been dying to run bomb lists lately, but bombing in the Scum faction feels very sub-par at the moment. Emon seems too expensive and Y-wings are sub-optimal bombers because they're better off with TLT. I will welcome this new ship.

11 minutes ago, mithril2098 said:

hmm.. so far there is

1 Rebel
1 Imperial
1 Scum/Rebel

normally i'd say that the unannounced one is probably Scum.. but Scum just got a lot a of attention thanks to the C-ROC set, so i doubt they'd give it yet more so soon.

Scum are behind a ship or two compared to the other factions because of the past couple movie releases - so I wouldn't count out the possibility of more Scum ships, especially since this one seems to be shared. Or FFG will wait until the Han Solo movie and do some catch up then. 

3 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

I'm excited to get a Scum munitions ship (like the K-wing or TIE Punisher). I am a bit bummed it doesn't come with Extra Munitions, though. I was hoping to get a third copy through the Scum bomber.

I would bet that the extra dial used up the punch board space they would have needed for all the munitions tokens. Otherwise it probably would have been very reasonable to include a copy of Extra Munitions. 

I'm interested to see how wave 11 meta shapes up, really.

Based on what has been revealed, you can sell 10 waves worth collection and stay in the top table by buying 4 each of wookie gunships and Tie Agressors.

Maybe keep TIE Strikers for the LWF, again to augment agressors but that's about it.

1 minute ago, Dr Lucky said:

I would bet that the extra dial used up the punch board space they would have needed for all the munitions tokens. Otherwise it probably would have been very reasonable to include a copy of Extra Munitions. 

Curse you Rebels! *shakes fist*

4 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

But not everyone hates it. There's another side to every story. Plus, it's not done near well enough to warrant special attention.

Not everyone hated Palp or Manaroo either. And I dont think a card should be safe just because it isn't currently winning anything. We haven't really had any major tournaments since the FAQ, so for all we know, TLT could be the new meta and start winning things again. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Lucky said:

I'm surprised they still gave an extra dial considering you can use the same dial or either dial like with the Firespray, Z-95s, etc.

11 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

Still, I've been dying to run bomb lists lately, but bombing in the Scum faction feels very sub-par at the moment. Emon seems too expensive and Y-wings are sub-optimal bombers because they're better off with TLT. I will welcome this new ship.

It'll be fine once they add Sabine crew for scum.

(I'm joking.  I think.)

1 minute ago, nigeltastic said:

Only triggers once on a tlt shot still. Timing chart pushes you back into finishing your second shot before "after attack" things just like tactician, gunner, or fcs.

Only one splash damage, but if either attack hits it triggers.

I think the biggest reason I'm disappointed with this wave is they have virtually all the prequel/clone war ships to still add to the game which are canon, and it had looked like they were going fully canon the past few waves, but now they go back to obscure legends ships again.  I don't get it.

The biggest irony is we still don't have the N-1 in the game, but we will now have a ship (H-6) that first showed up in a videogame designed around the N-1.  Not to mention according to wookieepedia it's already 5 years old at the battle of Naboo, which makes it the oldest ship in the game now I'm pretty sure, so they've really run out of excuses not to add prequel ships now.  And since Asajj is a pilot in the game there really should be more pilots from that era as well. 

2 minutes ago, TitaniumChopstick said:

Not everyone hated Palp or Manaroo either. And I dont think a card should be safe just because it isn't currently winning anything. We haven't really had any major tournaments since the FAQ, so for all we know, TLT could be the new meta and start winning things again. 

But that's why Palp and Manny were cut down. While I disagree that Palp was OP, he had been a key part of the Imp meta for a long time, therefore using this nerf to "cycle him out" made way for a new meta. Manny had been an integral part for three high level lists, two of which were rather controversial. 

I'm not saying the TLT is safe. I'm saying that it is so far down the totem pole of concerns currently that it's not worth FFG's time. Now, if it does start dominating (which is possible, with their predators in Aces being supressed by bombers and other auto damage), then it will move up the pole and might be seen to.

15 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

Scum are behind a ship or two compared to the other factions because of the past couple movie releases - so I wouldn't count out the possibility of more Scum ships, especially since this one seems to be shared. Or FFG will wait until the Han Solo movie and do some catch up then. 

But Scum has been leading the charge in power creep. The factions don't need to have the same number of ships. They just need to be balanced with the ships they have. 

6 minutes ago, markcsoul said:

The biggest irony is we still don't have the N-1 in the game, but we will now have a ship (H-6) that first showed up in a videogame designed around the N-1.  Not to mention according to wookieepedia it's already 5 years old at the battle of Naboo, which makes it the oldest ship in the game now I'm pretty sure, so they've really run out of excuses not to add prequel ships now.  And since Asajj is a pilot in the game there really should be more pilots from that era as well. 

Actually, no on the oldest ship bit. That's the Falcon with a reported age of over 60 years at the start of the original trilogy. 

Edited by SabineKey
Forgot to add the unit of time