xanderf

Wave 11 announced at GAMA!

6 minutes ago, dewbie420 said:

Yep, we'll get at least one new ship for Episode 8 in Wave 11... fitting the pattern.

The pattern has been for new movie ships to get added to the even number waves that come out in the December-February window. We haven't seen anything added to the odd number waves that come out in late summer.

2 minutes ago, Dr Lucky said:

The pattern has been for new movie ships to get added to the even number waves that come out in the December-February window. We haven't seen anything added to the odd number waves that come out in late summer.

usually, when they announce less than 4 ships for a wave, it means they have a bigger base ship they're not wanting to spoil yet?

IIRC, Epic's don't count towards the waves, so can't be the C-ROC.

have we had any other big base designs show up in Rebels or Armada?

2 minutes ago, BlodVargarna said:

No. It will be just as lame as when there are 4 scum or 4 rebel TLTs. 

I might actually enjoy playing against scum or rebel TLTs after wave 11. I'm not very excited about the prospect of facing 3 AGI with barell roll on a TLT platform.    The more I think about it, the more absurd it seems.

Oh man, sooo many juicy things to unpack in this wave. I'm definitely in the camp of people looking to buy the entire wave we it gets out (maybe multiples of each ship too).

Two thoughts I had:

1) I'm betting the Scourge will have one unique Rebel pilot (Nym from the Starfighter series is probably the best bet I can think of).

2) With the Wookiee Gunboat coming with two Reinforce tokens, maybe there an upgrade card in there that can grant it. If so, I'm hoping the B-Wing can take it. Not so hot on it going on any of the big base ships.

hmm.. so far there is

1 Rebel
1 Imperial
1 Scum/Rebel

normally i'd say that the unannounced one is probably Scum.. but Scum just got a lot a of attention thanks to the C-ROC set, so i doubt they'd give it yet more so soon.

Just now, TitaniumChopstick said:

I might actually enjoy playing against scum or rebel TLTs after wave 11. I'm not very excited about the prospect of facing 3 AGI with barell roll on a TLT platform.    The more I think about it, the more absurd it seems.

I suspect we're going to be looking at a HWK-level dial, perhaps with the lambda's red turns.

1 minute ago, BlodVargarna said:

This wave is pretty close to a shark jump for me. 

Yo dawg, I heard you like Twin Laser Turrets, so I put twin laser turrets in your tie fighter so you can shoot your TLTs while you barrel roll. 

If the dial is bad enough, it many need that barrel roll just to function, which would mean naked dice a lot of the time.

6 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

Wave 11 will be out long before episode 8. Wave 12 will likely have ep 8 stuff

Force Friday II is on September 1, fulfilling the "Q3 2017" release of wave XI. I don't think we should be surprised if Episode VIII ships are added to the wave or "surprise" released.

1 hour ago, Segmentvs said:

Now the real question on no one's mind.

We get another 3 ship wave.  This is the parity we have been expecting.  Wave X was supposed to be 3 ships, then they shoehorned in the Rogue 1 stuff.

So, what are they going to shoehorn into this release after the official announcement?

Starwing Assault Gunboat, X-Wing Aces and the TIE Spaghetti.

3 minutes ago, BlodVargarna said:

This wave is pretty close to a shark jump for me. 

Yo dawg, I heard you like Twin Laser Turrets, so I put twin laser turrets in your tie fighter so you can shoot your TLTs while you barrel roll. 

I've been waiting for this TIE since wave 4 was announced. But I agree with the TLT-spam fatigue.

4 minutes ago, mithril2098 said:

hmm.. so far there is

1 Rebel
1 Imperial
1 Scum/Rebel

normally i'd say that the unannounced one is probably Scum.. but Scum just got a lot a of attention thanks to the C-ROC set, so i doubt they'd give it yet more so soon.

People speculated the same way about Wave 5 but nothing got added. The only waves that have had additional products added after they were announced were Wave 8 and Wave 10. In both cases, it was to add ships from a new film after the toy embargo was lifted for those films (Episode VII and Rogue One, respectively). There is no film in the right window to add anything to Wave 11. If you are expecting more ships, you are likely to be disappointed. 

Just now, BlodVargarna said:

TLT is pretty much the lamest upgrade in the game. People who fly 4x TLT lists are likewise lame. 

1 TLT in a list is barely acceptable. 4 is hot garbage. 

Then blame the upgrade, not the ship. Even without the TLT, it now means the Imps have access to Ion turrets, Auto Blaster Turrets, even Dorsals. Plus, it looks like it's coming with a new Turret. This is all new stuff for the Imps, and its about dang time they got access to 'em.