xanderf

Wave 11 announced at GAMA!

Just now, TitaniumChopstick said:

Great. More TLTs. Exactly what the game needed. Thank you FFG. 

I'm actually totally fine with more TLTs, even if I don't play Imperials. They're wonderful list filler. While quad TLTs can be rough, they're also easy to counter. 

Only part that bothers me is that this is another example of the factions becoming less distinct... But that ship sailed a long time ago. 

Edited by WingedSpider

8 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

Depends what upgrades It can equip. Not to mention it's rebel, which has plenty of action sharing options

Based on the cards, it looks like the options are two crew slots, the modification, and an EPT for aces.

So as an Imperial player I get a new list filler option? Nice. I think ops spec is going to get a lot more play in imperial lists (probably on an upsilon) now that we have a not janky option that should trigger it often enough. Tlt carriers will also be decent at dealing with problems on the upsie's tail. Really though I'm most interested in the dual missile slot upgrade and what it could mean for my bombers.

Some really interesting stuff in this wave.  Definitely going to pick up all of these.  And I like that they're going back to Legends here (and not even something that's sorta-legends-but-has-shown-up-elsewhere-since, but, like, hard-core nobody's-heard-of-it legends).

Based on the blurry bits we've seen these all seem like they have the potential to mix things up a bit, particularly the Aggressor, which I think is going to break a lot of new ground for the Imperials.

1 hour ago, Rayzor said:

A friend of mine is there and sent these through

TieA.jpg

Imperials finally get the TLT. FFG owe them at least that much after the Palp and C-roc.

and it looks like another double crew card. Seems like the Jabba the Hutt spoiler will have to wait.

H-6.jpg.7e5ed34f21f2e42ff0f5e78e6d5717b1

Comes with both Rebel and Scum dial. So a Dual faction ship right out of the box as if Rebel-scum needed anymore. cough*lambda shuttle cough*

Edited by Marinealver

I've been expecting the Scurgg for an age. The only surprise is that it's not a large base ship when it's bigger than the **** U-wing...

The Wookie ship just looks like a Rebel G-1A, so I'm not super enthused about that, really. It'll depend heavily on its upgrades.

The Aggressor confuses me. I play a fair bit of Imperials, and I've never found myself actually wanting a TLT in the faction. That said, this two-slot missile intrigues the hell out of me considering how often I play Bombers. The ship itself isn't doing much for me, but if that ordnance card is decent, I'll jump on a few of them...

Edited by NakedDex

2 minutes ago, sf1raptor said:

Been waiting on a Scurrg for awhile now. I have to get one of these babies (my favorite ship in Starfighter!). Also like the other two, but Havoc's the big one for me.

Nym has been my MVP in Armada multiple times...  hoping he'll do the same in XWing

1 hour ago, xanderf said:

It's not an unreasonable response.  Compared to Armada Wave VI, which is 100% on-screen canon...including ships just recently seen in the last Star Wars movie in a big way...the X-Wing wave simultaneously announced is a bit less amazing.  It is only one canonical ship, after all, and that one only barely - it appeared for, like, 4 seconds tops in one episode of 'Rebels'.

So, I can see the reason for that feeling.

Well, for me, it is more than that.  I mean, unless there is some hidden sweetness, this wave isn't exactly. . .groundbreaking.

Imps finally get TLT love.  Scum finally gets a bomber.  Rebels become the second to get an Epic action.

Maybe we just can't see the linked 18-page campaign manual that is spread across all 3 blisters. . .