xanderf

Wave 11 announced at GAMA!

30 minutes ago, LordBlades said:

You can get a TLT attack with 2 Focus tokens and Fanatical Devotion.

As long as you roll an eyeball on a TLT attack, that attack results in 1 uncancellable damage at range 2-3. 

There's roughly an 89% chance of getting at least one Focus result on 3 red dice, so a combined 79% chance your TLT will deal 2 uncancellable damage in a given turn.

Not quite gamebreaking, but something aces need to look out for (this thing pops an Interceptor or Protectorate in 2 turns most of the time).

Fenn is now like:

So the Wookie Gunship with three fixed forward firing twin laser cannons gets 2 red dice and 180 arc :|

EDITO: Misread. Still, fixed forward facing cannons. When a very similar but much more glorious ship with ball mounts was available.

Should have taken LAAT/i and not this forgetable Quadjumper level of screentime knock-off.

Edited by eMeM

9 hours ago, WingedSpider said:

Wookies? WOOKIES!

Two Rebel ships? TWO REBEL SHIPS!

Cad Bane? CAD BANE!

Legends stuff? LEGENDS STUFF!

Imperial turret? IMPERIAL TURRET!

This wave is awesome. 

No Gunboat, though.... :(

EDIT: or N1 Starfighter with Leia

Well, at least the Imperials got one more Legends ship, turret and a non-shuttle. I call that a win.

Edited by Odanan

10 hours ago, BlueSquadronPilot said:

The Tie Aggressor was one I was definitely not expecting! A welcome addition

Well, i was. It's a TIE. Imps in X-Wing only ever got TIEs. And this one is a rather nice supplement to the imps.

The Scurrg is also not unexpected since it was already in Armada. 

30 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Well modded TLTs already murder anything without autothrusters anyway.  I don't see Hux adding much to that.

Not to mention that the cheapest way to get Hux is 26 points on a Lambda.  So, you're down to a maximum of 3 TLTs, probably only two.  One of them gets FD, and gets PS killed.  Next problem?

This modded TLT also murders anything with Autothrusters, except IG-88s.

You also don't need to spam lowest PS TLTs with this trick so they are easy to PS kill.Higher PS (depending on cost and pilot abilities) might also ve viable.

Not been on here for a while. WXI has pulled me back in.

The Wookie ship means nothing as I don't fly Rebels. I thought my brother had shared a photo of a painted Misthunter at first...

The Aggressor is cool. Say what you want about TLTs but Imps were going to get their own version at some point.

The Scurrg is the one for me! I still have a copy of Starfighter and played it recently (holds up) so this is a very cool addition to my Scum teams.

Edited by SDCC

10 hours ago, AwesomeJedi said:

The Aggressor isn't an Imperial HWK, it reminds me more of a Y-wing actually.

That's actually what it was meant to be in Galaxies- both ships were 2 crew fighters with a turret.

I loved my TIE Aggressor. Will have to get a full 4, and maybe 2 scurrges and one Wookiee ship for this wave. Far more exciting than Wave 10 was.

I'm still catching up as I just got the news. Not sure if this has been said but the only ships that can take two missiles are the tie bomber, the tie Punisher, and the tie aggressor. Maybe the special double missile is Some sort of fix for the ships?

Edited by heychadwick

16 minutes ago, LordBlades said:

This modded TLT also murders anything with Autothrusters, except IG-88s.

You also don't need to spam lowest PS TLTs with this trick so they are easy to PS kill.Higher PS (depending on cost and pilot abilities) might also ve viable.

Might be.  But then, you're spending more than half your list in points to do it (26 for the Lambda and at least that for an elite tlt pilot, so it SHOULD murder the things it's intended to murder...  And even then, it's more random than some of the things which murder aces (cough k wings hack)

4 hours ago, Vitalis said:

In case you all missed it: Scurrg has boost as it has Focus (token present for that), <ACTION>, barrel roll. No token for the <action> so its not evade, not Target Lock, not reinforce and it does not look like Coordinate.

Call me crazy, but it looks to me like that icon is a dead ringer for the Jam action. As mentioned upthread, they'll have to modify it to remove the energy component, but it looks like everybody predicting a return of the stress meta is right in a big way. I hope I'm wrong.

Went through 12 pages... A thought I have that nobody else has regarding the auxiliary 180* arc on the Wookie ugly thing... If it has a reinforce action, it needs a 180 to distinguish fore and aft to determine which side is getting reinforced... Just saying. I'm not going to start studying the ancient tablets to see what the stars reveal.

I'm... not interested in any of this. The TIE Aggressor looks the most interesting to me, but I don't really have any emotional attachment to it and the interest is weak. I'm really tired of expensive 1 agility Rebel ships and fighters that are ineffective compared to transports. I try to jump to Imperials to fly since their fighters actually make sense but I keep going back and trying to make Y-Wings (non-TLT) and X-Wings work.

Pretty sure both the Aggressor and H-6 both have Target Lock in the middle...

The H-6 is looking like a scummy K wing/Punisher so it needs TL anyway. There have been mistakes in the past on what tokens are visible, and it REALLY looks like Target Lock. 

10 hours ago, Segmentvs said:

Now the real question on no one's mind.

We get another 3 ship wave.  This is the parity we have been expecting.  Wave X was supposed to be 3 ships, then they shoehorned in the Rogue 1 stuff.

So, what are they going to shoehorn into this release after the official announcement?

Given this needs to be at Gencon... probably nothing.

Next wave will be spoiled after Gencon for fall/winter and will probably get Eps8 stuff crammed into its orifices.

Is there a better pic of the Scurrg? i can't recognize his actions. Focus, Barrel Roll and...? No evade tokens nor TL tokens, so...but dosen't seem a boost to me.

And his loadout? This ship have a lot of slots. But I can't see more. 

Anyone?

7 minutes ago, Cerve said:

Is there a better pic of the Scurrg? i can't recognize his actions. Focus, Barrel Roll and...? No evade tokens nor TL tokens, so...but dosen't seem a boost to me.

And his loadout? This ship have a lot of slots. But I can't see more. 

Anyone?

Probably target lock considering the bomber of upgrade slots but too fizzy to see. Tokens missing isn't a huge red flag.  There will be an article soon with better images. 

10 minutes ago, Engine25 said:

Probably target lock considering the bomber of upgrade slots but too fizzy to see. Tokens missing isn't a huge red flag.  There will be an article soon with better images. 

It comes with Seismic Torps. I think the idea is the slot is there for Extra Munitions.

38 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Went through 12 pages... A thought I have that nobody else has regarding the auxiliary 180* arc on the Wookie ugly thing... If it has a reinforce action, it needs a 180 to distinguish fore and aft to determine which side is getting reinforced... Just saying. I'm not going to start studying the ancient tablets to see what the stars reveal.

I'm... not interested in any of this. The TIE Aggressor looks the most interesting to me, but I don't really have any emotional attachment to it and the interest is weak. I'm really tired of expensive 1 agility Rebel ships and fighters that are ineffective compared to transports. I try to jump to Imperials to fly since their fighters actually make sense but I keep going back and trying to make Y-Wings (non-TLT) and X-Wings work.

Yeah, agree to all of this. I am sick to death of AGI1 ships with a crew slot.