xanderf

Wave 11 announced at GAMA!

Perhaps even a Scum only upgrade, that then gives it a point of difference from the Rebel version. 

Or Scum and Imperial, to counter (crew) Sabine's great ability. 

(wishful thinking) 

53 minutes ago, Managarmr said:

Not sure if TLTs and ruthlessness (+maybe LWF) is a good thing for the game

What makes you think it wouldn't be good for the game? I've got to say, certainly didn't get into this game because I wanted to simulate dogfighting in the Star Wars universe. I'd much rather just fly around carelessly shooting in any direction while having the possibility of getting extra free damage when I hit. And who cares if lists like this push guys like Vader, Luke and Wedge even further from the meta? I know personally I'd much rather fly a group of random thugs over a dark lord of the Sith.

3 hours ago, Arkanta974 said:

Don't forget  FFG have many legends ships on his RPG book.

See tie agressor give me a huge hope to see Tie Hunter (one of my favorite ship since rebel strike game)

Indeed.  The same book that has the TIE Aggressor and TIE Punisher in it also has the TIE Hunter and TIE Oppressor in it.

Hope we get both eventually.

1 hour ago, Azrapse said:

I remember Alex Davy saying in an interview or podcast that he didn't like how ordnance was designed for the game (as a single overpowered, overcosted attack), and that he instead would have gone the way of treating torpedoes and missiles as extra bonuses for your normal attack.
I wonder if these double missiles are something like that. 

Yeah, that's a much better vision for ordnance than what we have now.

That Scurrg is going to give the more skilful painters amongst us some nice flat surface to slap their art on! 

I can't wait to see the various pilot card illustrations. 

Edited by ABXY

I hope FFG already has a tlt nerf loaded in the chamber!

Otherwise 4-tlt just got a really serious buff - 3 agility with native barrel roll is going to make doughnutting the list A) much harder B) Much less rewarding. 

We'll also see 2-tlt, blocker and ace I suspect, which will be much more fun to fly/combat.

Despite this, I'm happy to see an imperial turret, finally. I think.

6 minutes ago, banjobenito said:

I hope FFG already has a tlt nerf loaded in the chamber!

Otherwise 4-tlt just got a really serious buff - 3 agility with native barrel roll is going to make doughnutting the list A) much harder B) Much less rewarding. 

We'll also see 2-tlt, blocker and ace I suspect, which will be much more fun to fly/combat.

Despite this, I'm happy to see an imperial turret, finally. I think.

It's however 5hp without an evade action. That thing (even with LWF) is slightly more survivable than a Hwk.

What slightly worries me is Hux+TLT. Range 2-3 arc-free autodamage might drive aces further away from the top of the meta.

24 minutes ago, IG88E said:

Youngsters EPT with cheap TLTs? Oh-oh...

What exactly are you concerned about?

Expose is primary only, no interaction. Squad Leader: who cares?

Marksmanship and Rage are maybe a bit concerning.

Expert Handling and Daredevil: who cares?

Edited by thespaceinvader

It'll have an EPT, but I suspect only on the elite pilots. Hopefully their abilities don't synergize with ruthlessness, and that'll be half the problem solved.

Hux could be a bit scary, though.

How about two PS5 TIE Aggressors with TLT and Ruthlessness backed up with Captain Jonus with the Shuttle title, Rebel Captive and General Hux?

So that is four TLT shots, with two re-rolls per attack, two focus tokens per attack and each shot dealing an additional damage to a nearby target.

Shooting at Jonus nets you a stress token. 

Sure you could get a another TIE in there as well with the left over points as a blocker/distraction.

Competitive? No. Annoying as hell to find across from you in the mid-tables because you lost that last game by one roll of a die? Absolutely!

However, I will laugh when an FAQ is released stating that Ruthlessness only works after the second TLT shot, as opposed to on each attack, nerfing the only time the card gets used. 

3 minutes ago, Reiver said:

It'll have an EPT, but I suspect only on the elite pilots. Hopefully their abilities don't synergize with ruthlessness, and that'll be half the problem solved.

Hux could be a bit scary, though.

Why woudl Hux be particularly scary?

1 minute ago, Viktus106 said:

How about two PS5 TIE Aggressors with TLT and Ruthlessness backed up with Captain Jonus with the Shuttle title, Rebel Captive and General Hux?

However, I will laugh when an FAQ is released stating that Ruthlessness only works after the second TLT shot, as opposed to on each attack, nerfing the only time the card gets used. 

You can't put Hux on a TIE Shuttle, and Ruthlessness already only works after the second attack of a double shot weapon.

1 minute ago, thespaceinvader said:

You can't put Hux on a TIE Shuttle, and Ruthlessness already only works after the second attack of a double shot weapon.

Sad Imperial Citizen face. :(

9 hours ago, Owenjf said:

From a quick look, the two slot missile card can only go on the Tie aggressor, bomber and punisher. Possible fix for imperial ordnance?

Maybe it is a type of Missile that you do not have to discard after firing?

10 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

You can get a TLT attack with 2 Focus tokens and Fanatical Devotion.

As long as you roll an eyeball on a TLT attack, that attack results in 1 uncancellable damage at range 2-3. 

There's roughly an 89% chance of getting at least one Focus result on 3 red dice, so a combined 79% chance your TLT will deal 2 uncancellable damage in a given turn.

Not quite gamebreaking, but something aces need to look out for (this thing pops an Interceptor or Protectorate in 2 turns most of the time).

12 minutes ago, LordBlades said:

You can get a TLT attack with 2 Focus tokens and Fanatical Devotion.

As long as you roll an eyeball on a TLT attack, that attack results in 1 uncancellable damage at range 2-3. 

There's roughly an 89% chance of getting at least one Focus result on 3 red dice, so a combined 79% chance your TLT will deal 2 uncancellable damage in a given turn.

Not quite gamebreaking, but something aces need to look out for (this thing pops an Interceptor or Protectorate in 2 turns most of the time).

Well modded TLTs already murder anything without autothrusters anyway.  I don't see Hux adding much to that.

Not to mention that the cheapest way to get Hux is 26 points on a Lambda.  So, you're down to a maximum of 3 TLTs, probably only two.  One of them gets FD, and gets PS killed.  Next problem?

Edited by thespaceinvader