cielago

LCG News and Previews

16 hours ago, cielago said:

this is a very exciting piece of information. the mere existence of a story team lead, and her presence at this early AMA, should be taken as a very good sign that FFG understands the l5r is different from other games and that its story is as important as design

Katrina has been leading up the story teams now for all the FFG IPs for about two-three years now. This is not unique or even first enacted for L5R.

might have to switch my clan...also like provinces not dropping when destroyed and the fact duelling still exists. The switch to allow political attacks to match military also allows them to keep clans focused.

on the clans

crab defensive

crane political

dragon attachments

lion weenie deck

phoenix not sure

scorpion dishonor

unicorn movement tricks

just some one word thoughts

I like that they made crab mildly political as well.  Not just a different flavor of brute force, like lion.  This is partially based on the fact that the "Border Guard" has both military and political strength.

I'm so excited that many of my wishlist items came true.  There are two decks - an old player walking by the table might still glance down and say "That's L5R!".  The clans are intact in more or less their former incarnations.  Some of the emphasis has been shifted slightly, but not so much that any of the clans aren't unrecognizable.  There are multiple victory conditions - I was hoping for two, but there are at least three!  

The mechanics have promise, but I don't even care as much about that as I do about the big picture stuff.  I'll play at this point,  and let the fun factor dictate what happens from there.  As a plus, my wife sounds interested in playing this incarnation too.  

5 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

I've just realised which card it was that made them pull the card fan from their presentation last month:

The Dragon Clan Agasha Swordsmith: which means that it's before the Agasha join the Phoenix.

Good catch !! :0

Re: the Team Covenant interview video:

I love how two of the three had very little experience playing the game and when they were learning and developing impressions about what to them is "good" or "bad" the experienced player gives them bad advice and crushes them... LOL.

Anytime you are teaching someone a game, you don't play against them; you sit to their side and have them play someone of equal skill level if possible. If not, you never... NEVER... ambush, waylay, or crush them.

That aside, really interesting hearing what influenced their decisions about the game mechanics.

8 hours ago, Shikaku said:

Re: the Team Covenant interview video:

I love how two of the three had very little experience playing the game and when they were learning and developing impressions about what to them is "good" or "bad" the experienced player gives them bad advice and crushes them... LOL.

Anytime you are teaching someone a game, you don't play against them; you sit to their side and have them play someone of equal skill level if possible. If not, you never... NEVER... ambush, waylay, or crush them.

That aside, really interesting hearing what influenced their decisions about the game mechanics.

I'm not going to lie, I laughed at that part.  I'm a horrible person.