Sloane plus Defenders for better bombing once defenses are exhausted, or Sloane plus TIEs for sheer numbers?

Never mind, in my excitement I stopped reading before I saw that you can reroll crits. Forget bombers. Many blue dice all day! But I may throw some TIE Bombers in for a second wave of pain, once they're nice and helpless. Reroll crits faces for hit/crits. [All I do is lie.]

Edited by Nostromoid

Has anyone else noticed how similar a Quasar Fire II-class is to a CR90A Corvette? The attack dice are identical in every arc (except for the rear, where they are worse). The shields are identical in every arc. I feel that Quasar's are going to pop pretty easily. The defensive advantages they have over a CR90 are two more hull, a brace and a contain in place of the two evades, and one more engineering value. That is pretty squishy (not to mention undergunned) for a medium-base ship. It nicely balances out the value of the 4 squadron rating and red AS dice.

Edited by chemnitz

2 minutes ago, chemnitz said:

Has anyone else noticed how similar a Quasar Fire II-class is to a CR90A Corvette? The attack dice are identical in every arc (except for the rear, where they are worse). The shields are identical in every arc. I feel that Quasar's are going to pop pretty easily. The defensive advantages they have over a CR90 are two more hull, a brace and a contain in place of the two evades, and one more engineering value. That is pretty squishy (not to mention undergunned) for a medium-base ship. It nicely balances out the value of the 4 squadron rating and red AS dice.

Quasar is going to make Lambdas more prevalent, methinks

3 minutes ago, chemnitz said:

the cost might balance everything out. If it's pretty cheap, this is a pretty substantial boost to Imps. squadron game. 

1 hour ago, pt106 said:

And weak weapons (with no weapons at all in the rear). I would expect them to be dirt cheap. 30+ range maybe?

That ship will probably hover between 25 and 35 points. It's actually less survivable than a Flotilla (1 evade and almost everything else won't actually help you live that long) but can actually shoot (my gut reaction is 29). They would probably price it to make taking this or a flotilla a tougher choice. Flotilla offer clear support options good in almost any situation, the hammerhead requires you to actually fly it at the enemy to get much use out of it so it's living on borrowed time.  I'm also gonna guess it handles like a brick at high speed.

I love it already.

I need to see the point value on the corvettes before I can decide on them! I sort of wish that title was just a generic upgrade for the ship so I can gang up on Imperials.

I want to add that I'm a bit saddened that the corvettes have the same paint job. A small variation between them would have been very welcomed.

1 minute ago, Stasy said:

Am I the only one that thinks the squadron genie is now out of the bottle completely? It's now just a question of how close to that 134pt limit you're gonna spend.

I like squads but... 

yeahhhhh, no squadrons lists can become quite dangerous if you can't focus down the carriers fast enough.

But, my Ackbar Home One double AF2 proved list you can focus down carriers by turn 3 xD

Edited by Sybreed

2 minutes ago, Kubernes said:

I need to see the point value on the corvettes before I can decide on them! I sort of wish that title was just a generic upgrade for the ship so I can gang up on Imperials.

I want to add that I'm a bit saddened that the corvettes have the same paint job. A small variation between them would have been very welcomed.

I'm already considering how I want to repaint one

Edited by Audio Weasel

2 hours ago, pt106 said:

Wow!!! A lot of interesting stuff that changes everything again

That should buff both Tagge and Konstantine.

Interesting that hammerhead corvette comes in pack of two and has four different variants instead of the usual two

EDIT: and debuff flotillas ;)

I can agree on the changing things.   At the very least, this game goes through huge shifts in thinking for each wave. 

4 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

some of this seems massively OP.  All the spending defense tokens... whaaat?  Sloane also looks massively OP.  Like massively.  You chuck some ties at a capital ship and it loses all its defense tokens?  Huhhhh?? 

For only 24 points, you're probably right. She likely needs a Sato-style nerf between teaser and release. Change "choose and spend 1 of the defender's defense tokens" to "choose and exhaust 1 of the defender's defense tokens." Otherwise a swarm of TIEs can strip a healthy cruiser down to a defenseless punching bag like a swarm of piranha's skeletonizing a cow.

And I say that as an Imperial admiral in love with Sloane, even if she had that nerf.

Edited by Nostromoid

10 minutes ago, Stasy said:

Am I the only one that thinks the squadron genie is now out of the bottle completely? It's now just a question of how close to that 134pt limit you're gonna spend.

I like squads but... 

Low squadrons is new no squadrons. I can easily see fleets with <50 points in squads being very competitive.

Edited by pt106

11 minutes ago, Nostromoid said:

For only 24 points, you're probably right. She likely needs a Sato-style nerf between teaser and release. Change "choose and spend 1 of the defender's defense tokens" to "choose and exhaust 1 of the defender's defense tokens." Otherwise a swarm of TIEs can strip a healthy cruiser down to a defenseless punching bag like a swarm of piranha's skeletonizing a cow.

And I say that as an Imperial admiral in love with Sloane, even if she had that nerf.

I know right?  Even I'd use that card and a swarm of ties to seal club people.  (I love ties and I wanted them to be more well rounded, but this is like, taking it way over the edge.  This would have been a good admiral if she had even only ever dealt with JUST squadron vs squadron combat) 

17 minutes ago, Sybreed said:

yeahhhhh, no squadrons lists can become quite dangerous if you can't focus down the carriers fast enough.

But, my Ackbar Home One double AF2 proved list you can focus down carriers by turn 3 xD

Talk about this?  

19 minutes ago, Stasy said:

I like squads but... 

I'm also thinking it might as well be stapled to each list now, 134 squadrons. 

Did you really want to run 100 pts of them each time?  =( 

9 minutes ago, pt106 said:

Low squadrons is new no squadrons. I can easily see fleets with <50 points in squads being very competitive.

I have no idea how you can think this with Sloane wiping the field.  

Given how much FFG likes to price hike for AA, I'm guessing the Quasar will be at least 60, despite the loss of the evades/activation advantage of the Gonzo's.

33 minutes ago, Nostromoid said:

Sloane plus Defenders for better bombing once defenses are exhausted, or Sloane plus TIEs for sheer numbers?

Never mind, in my excitement I stopped reading before I saw that you can reroll crits. Forget bombers. Many blue dice all day! But I may throw some TIE Bombers in for a second wave of pain, once they're nice and helpless. Reroll crits faces for hit/crits.

There are no faces on black dice with crits that aren't doubles, so you're just doing that on reds for double hits (only Phantoms). 

23 minutes ago, Nostromoid said:

The ILC has to be priced competitively with two Gozantis, to keep up with the activation advantage that you're giving up by using one ship in place of two.

Nipping this in the bud right now, ILC has two interpretations. If we insist that the QF is the ILC, make the Arquitens the ICL (USN notation for light cruiser).

1 minute ago, DUR said:

Given how much FFG likes to price hike for AA, I'm guessing the Quasar will be at least 60, despite the loss of the evades/activation advantage of the Gonzo's.

Could also end up with the largest price difference between the red AA version and the blue AA version.  There's a number of ways this could go

Okay...I haven't seen it speculated yet, so I'll "go there."  
"It's supported by two ship cards and a total of ten upgrades that provide a new commander, three Title upgrades..."
I predict the second ship card/third Title will be representative of the ship stolen by the Rebellion. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the third title card is for Rebel affiliation, it would allow for a cross faction ship and limit it to one per fleet, just as it is in Rebels.
Probably not...but some of us can hope, right? :)

2 minutes ago, Arowmund said:

Okay...I haven't seen it speculated yet, so I'll "go there."  
"It's supported by two ship cards and a total of ten upgrades that provide a new commander, three Title upgrades..."
I predict the second ship card/third Title will be representative of the ship stolen by the Rebellion. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the third title card is for Rebel affiliation, it would allow for a cross faction ship and limit it to one per fleet, just as it is in Rebels.
Probably not...but some of us can hope, right? :)

Its not that simple.

In list building, you need to purchase a Ship, and then add upgrades to it (effectively).

So even if the upgrade allowed you to to switch the affiliation of a ship to use it...  You couldn't choose the ship in the first place to put the Title upgrade on it, to use it...

Yes, there are "Common Sense" ways to write it...  But its **** hard - borderline impossible to Rules-Write it, unless the Upgrade that allows you to take it is separate from the Ship itself - Such as an Officer on a Different Ship, or a Fleet Admiral.