By no means comprehensive, and I have another ISD "in the oven" for completion:

X13 - Crimson Command - primed white then handbrushed Vallejo Game Gory Red, washed with a 1:1:10 mix of black ink, brown ink, water.  Considering adding running lights in yellow & white to this.

20170314_202924_zpshnvatlbj.jpg

Old Republic relic Victory:

20170314_202939_zpserxkcpq0.jpg

Mini-slice fleet - I like how the "Imperial Star Destroyer White" contrasts with the others, local forces don't have the budget to go slapping paint all over everything, after all:20170314_211518_zpssxb2rl2u.jpg

ISD Dark Side - various Vallejo Game greys, the darker segments washed in a heavy (1:5) red ink/water mix.  Gives it a really sinister feel, which I like.

20170314_211114_zpsnsbdezv3.jpg

ISD Battlefleet:

20170314_211624_zpscbkasa47.jpg

I REALLY dig that blue and grey ISD!  I'm working up to doing my biggins by experimenting on VSDs, Interdictors et al.  I like the stripe on the ISD and the damage looks good from here too.  My only constructive criticism is there may be too much that's too uniform if that even makes sense.  But still, wonderful work.  

One of my current projects is a  VSD that will be an OLD warhorse.  I'm looking at having several shades of grey panels from "repairs".  Mostly different shades of grey (not like the horrible stock panels) with some charring on the panels that didn't need repairs.  Thinking about some silver plates from repairs so new they haven't been replaced yet and maybe some unrepaired damage.  All that to ask; how did you do your damage?

6 hours ago, WGNF911 said:

I REALLY dig that blue and grey ISD!  I'm working up to doing my biggins by experimenting on VSDs, Interdictors et al.  I like the stripe on the ISD and the damage looks good from here too.  My only constructive criticism is there may be too much that's too uniform if that even makes sense.  But still, wonderful work.  

One of my current projects is a  VSD that will be an OLD warhorse.  I'm looking at having several shades of grey panels from "repairs".  Mostly different shades of grey (not like the horrible stock panels) with some charring on the panels that didn't need repairs.  Thinking about some silver plates from repairs so new they haven't been replaced yet and maybe some unrepaired damage.  All that to ask; how did you do your damage?

The uniformity of scarring is slightly deliberate - I imagined the effects of twin-linked strafing, and the broadside of an MC80 head-on (which is what almost killed this beast and along with TheToad's MC80 battledamage was the inspiration for mauling this monster.

From that post on TheToad's thread:

Painting done first - my usual ISD white, followed by successive layers of grey (mostly dark/blue greys), followed by black ink for the main scar, followed by the tip of a triangular file held over a candle.

Candle important because it'll never get hot enough to anneal (soften) the steel, triangle important because you get a choice of shape/depth of melt.  You can spin it to create a widening on narrowing scar.

20170314_134523_zpso4l0hctz.jpg

Oh I'm no Vykes, I leave such intricacies to those excellent and dedicated commission painters who make a living off these beautiful things.  Tabletop ready has always been good enough for me, one of the early lessons my 40K collection taught me (at some expense in Imperial Guardsmen, I might add) was when to stop.  My background is more 1:35 scale models, so I shoot for that sort of look'n'feel, generally...  

mmm, KV-2 style soviet'd guppy, you say... mmmmmm...

This is the inverse of my "Imperial Star Destroyer White" technique, which looks great in daylight but my camera hates.

To do the white:  Spray in Vallejo Cold Grey.  Ink wash (1:10 black ink to water).  Dry overnight.  Recolour panels carefully with Wolf Grey.  Apply a 75% highlight from the bottom in Ghost Grey.  Apply a 25% highlight from the bottom in Glacier Blue.  Gives a really strong 'Rogue One' white feel.  

20170131_113641_zpsioa43apr.jpg

Here the inverse is achieved, pre-washing with a red/black mix ala ISD Dark Side - the washes are definitely necessary on the darker colours to blend them in together, in the white I haven't found it necessary - all my "non local" death triangles get the white treatment, from Light Cruiser up.  Interested to see how it'll look on the Quasar Fire.

For the greys here, an undercoat of black primer, a general overcoat of Heavy Charcoal, and a 25% highlight in heavy blue/grey.  I like the heavy pigment paints when working on the darker side, they overcome the background where you need them to, and thin quite nicely to a glaze too.

20170130_152958_zpsejpepzuy.jpg