Jump to content
gennataos

The most "Punch you in the face" competitive Rebel list there is?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

Rey/Norra is probably the best facepunch the Rebels have right now.  It's not exactly lighting up the meta though.

I've flown Rey/Norra and really like it, but Norra just melts so fast.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you like jank, here's another favourite of mine I've been playing on Vassal:

 

25 Ahsoka w/ VI, Ops Specialist, Feedback, Captured TIE, Title.

75 (3x) GSP w/ Snapshot, Crackshot, PRockets, Chips, Title. 

 

Operations specialist is kinda like rebel Mindlink in this list, with no downside. This list is really good at getting PRockets off, sometimes in very interesting ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rei / Finn / ReconSpec / Swarm Leader

2x Green Awing / Awing stuff / Juke / PTL

easiest "yamato cannon" style list I've ever used, and fun too. Take Rei, point and shoot. If you cant see him, you are still a 5 dice turret so that's not too bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Duraham said:

Rei / Finn / ReconSpec / Swarm Leader

2x Green Awing / Awing stuff / Juke / PTL

easiest "yamato cannon" style list I've ever used, and fun too. Take Rei, point and shoot. If you cant see him, you are still a 5 dice turret so that's not too bad

Why recspec?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's one I've enjoyed online:

Biggs Darklighter (26)
X-Wing (25), R4-D6 (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

Kanan Jarrus (51)
VCX-100 (38), Fire-Control System (2), Finn (5), Gunner (5), Tactical Jammer (1)

Sabine Wren (24)
Attack Shuttle (21), Jyn Erso (2), A Score To Settle (0)

Biggs gets 4 focus tokens per round, and Kanan isn't his usual self. The gunner/Finn combo is utterly brutal against any token stackers, and dangerous against anything else. Once Biggs inevitably dies, Kanan starts getting focus tokens. It's very hard for an opponent to kill Biggs before their best ship is dead.

you can alternatively swap out Biggs and Sabine for a second ghost, which is a tad unreal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 17, 2017 at 6:48 PM, Astech said:

Here's one I've enjoyed online:

Biggs Darklighter (26)
X-Wing (25), R4-D6 (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

Kanan Jarrus (51)
VCX-100 (38), Fire-Control System (2), Finn (5), Gunner (5), Tactical Jammer (1)

Sabine Wren (24)
Attack Shuttle (21), Jyn Erso (2), A Score To Settle (0)

Biggs gets 4 focus tokens per round, and Kanan isn't his usual self. The gunner/Finn combo is utterly brutal against any token stackers, and dangerous against anything else. Once Biggs inevitably dies, Kanan starts getting focus tokens. It's very hard for an opponent to kill Biggs before their best ship is dead.

you can alternatively swap out Biggs and Sabine for a second ghost, which is a tad unreal.

That list is less punch in the face than it is kick in the balls. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2017 at 11:14 PM, Duraham said:

Rei / Finn / ReconSpec / Swarm Leader

2x Green Awing / Awing stuff / Juke / PTL

easiest "yamato cannon" style list I've ever used, and fun too. Take Rei, point and shoot. If you cant see him, you are still a 5 dice turret so that's not too bad

Rey's an 8 so your spending the A wings evades before they shoot, so why Juke? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Trubble said:

Rey's an 8 so your spending the A wings evades before they shoot, so why Juke? 

This^^ a Swarm Leader and two GSP's with Juke will only really work if you give them Snap Shot. They move, evade, defender moves and you hit them with a two-dice attack, turning one evade into focus before they take any actions/collect tokens. 

I would consider replacing Juke or PTL with Snap Shot to make this list more efficient. And it's hella fun to fly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lothal Rebel w/ TLT, FCS, Finn, Rey, Ghost

Zeb (Attack Shuttle) w/ Chopper, Phantom

Jan Ors w/ Trick Shot, TLT, Nien Nunb

I've only played this list twice, but both times Corran got one-shotted by a 7 dice, fully modified range 1 attack. 2 more TLT shots at the end of combat to set up the next TL is just the cherry on top. It's a purely offensive variant of Calen's Pride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Sekac said:

Lothal Rebel w/ TLT, FCS, Finn, Rey, Ghost

Zeb (Attack Shuttle) w/ Chopper, Phantom

Jan Ors w/ Trick Shot, TLT, Nien Nunb

I've only played this list twice, but both times Corran got one-shotted by a 7 dice, fully modified range 1 attack. 2 more TLT shots at the end of combat to set up the next TL is just the cherry on top. It's a purely offensive variant of Calen's Pride.

How/why would someone fly Corran into arc of them?!?  

18 hours ago, charlesanakin said:

I like the PAvAA mini-swarm

 

Jess Pava-

Swarm Leader

IA

R2-D6

Pattern Analyzer

 

Green Squadron Pilot x3-

Snap Shot

Juke

Title

 

fly right up close and blast away. Juke and Snap Shot make As firepower go much further. 

I've done something similar.  The problem with Snap Shot/Juke A-wings is without something like M9-G8 to modify their rolls, you're completely reliant upon red dice rolling well.  I loved the idea, but it's entirely too high variance.

18 hours ago, Zura said:

Try double vcx + b wing, it should punch pretty well.

 

3 hours ago, Beard said:

2 Lothal rebels and a ywing. Jousting Lothals are scary! Seen it used in a few tournaments, they always won.

Thanks, guys!  Hah, I've played against a double VCX list before, they're scary as hell.  There's no way that I'll buy a second Ghost expansion, though..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about this? 

ARC-170: · Thane Kyrell (26)
     · R7-T1 (3)
     · "Chopper" (0)
     Alliance Overhaul (0)
VCX-100: Lothal Rebel (35)
     Autoblaster Turret (2)
     Fire Control System (2)
     Engine Upgrade (4)
     · Finn (5)
     · Hera Syndulla (1)
TIE Fighter: · Ahsoka Tano (17)
     Veteran Instincts (1)
     · Captured TIE (1)
     · Sabine's Masterpiece (1)
     · Rey (2)
-- TOTAL ------- 100p. --

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 6:45 PM, Trubble said:

Rey's an 8 so your spending the A wings evades before they shoot, so why Juke? 

Rei will kick the bucket at some point in time in the game. Juke ensures that your Awing has enough firepower to continue damaging targets and close the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps try something like this? we all know Rey packs a punch, and with miranda switching gears to a weapons platform with TL options, you can pick your poison quickly and still be able to fully modify your attacks!

 

PS8 NUKES

100 points

 

PILOTS

Miranda Doni (42)
K-Wing (29), Plasma Torpedoes (3), Extra Munitions (2), Homing Missiles (5), Weapons Engineer (3), Long Range Scanners (0)

Rey (58)
YT-1300 (45), Expertise (4), Finn (5), Kanan Jarrus (3), Millennium Falcon (Segnor's Loop Version) (1)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jerval said:

Perhaps try something like this? we all know Rey packs a punch, and with miranda switching gears to a weapons platform with TL options, you can pick your poison quickly and still be able to fully modify your attacks!

PS8 NUKES

100 points

PILOTS

Miranda Doni (42)
K-Wing (29), Plasma Torpedoes (3), Extra Munitions (2), Homing Missiles (5), Weapons Engineer (3), Long Range Scanners (0)

Rey (58)
YT-1300 (45), Expertise (4), Finn (5), Kanan Jarrus (3), Millennium Falcon (Segnor's Loop Version) (1)

I don't know if I could trust Miranda without TLT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, gennataos said:

I don't know if I could trust Miranda without TLT.

Seriously, much as I hate Miranda wish a fiery passion, using her without bombs and a TLT is like using OL with Juke and Comm.  You CAN, but why WOULD you?

Building her down to 42 points though, that's the real challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2017 at 9:31 AM, gennataos said:

I think I've narrowed down what I'm going to fly for now, which will be Ghost, Falcon and Miranda lists.  I like the stuff with ordnance, but those require Guidance Chips, which I don't own.  I'll have to wave off for now since I want to be able to fly these lists in tournaments.

I ran this last night against Kath, Backdraft and Countdown.  My buddy didn't fly it very well and it was over before Kanan had lost all of his shields.  The Ion Bombs are interesting.  I only got off one and it didn't do a lot to mess with my opponents plans.  But, if I had flown Biggs a little better, I could have actually finished off Kath with the Sabine damage and saved my Kanan offense for the other ships.  6 points for 2 Sabine-enhanced Ion Bombs might be too high of a price, but I want to keep running it because I think it has potential to screw with my opponents planning.  That, and...let's face it...Kanan/Biggs is about as point-and-shoot boring as a list can get.  You barely have to even point.  This at least adds a little flavor and decision-making.

Kanan Jarrus (38)
Fire-Control System (2)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Extra Munitions (2)
Sabine Wren (2)
Recon Specialist (3)
Ion Bombs (2)
Tactical Jammer (1)
Ghost (0)

Biggs Darklighter (25)
R2-D6 (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

"Zeb" Orrelios (18)
"Chopper" (0)
Phantom (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

I'm going to play another game or two during lunch today, but with a different list.  (**** Ghost is too big, doesn't fit in my Plano box!)  This time I'm either going with my Rey/mini-swarm list or going to try Dash/Miranda.  I know Dash/Miranda does just the opposite of walking up and punching lists in the face, but I really want to learn how to fly those two.

(Emphasis mine).  As someone who's played variations on Kanan/Biggs since August, if you think you can get away with simple point and shoot, you're deadly wrong.  It may be capable of taking out a decent opponent without much skill, but by the time you're in round 5+, you'll have to fly it exquisitely in order to have success.  Which is why I highly recommend Engine Upgrade on Kanan.

Biggs' action is always Focus, that much is easy.  But that's about it.  From there you have to decide who to activate first - you can often catch your opponent off guard by just stalling with Biggs (by bumping into the back of Kanan), giving him a nice shot without getting shot at, but it does expose Kanan, so you may not want to do it too often.  But that's also why I recommend the stressbot on Biggs - even when he's left with an unmodified shot in that scenario, it can be useful due to the guaranteed stress via R3-A2.  Another required skill is why to break Biggs off for the critical block, but these are true for most Biggs protected lists.  As for Kanan, he has TONS of choices.  While the initial reaction will be to just focus all of the time (and that's probably the right choice 50% of the time), you have to examine your position, Rey's focus supply, the future of Rey's focus supply, the likely position of your higher PS opponents, and then choose between F, E, and boost (and the RARE time of TL - when you just killed your previous target or it's running away, and when you know you won't get any shots this turn).  Your number one priority is to get a shot, preferably a R2 primary shot.  But you can absolutely not allow your opponent to sneak its way into the R1 blind spot - that's why EU is mandatory.  Even a simple BR is often enough to put a quality player in that exposed area.  

But even when you're confident that you will have a shot, now you have to choose between F and E.  Again, it might seem like F is always the better way to go, but you have to take a look at your opponent's attack potential, and its defense potential to determine for sure, and weigh in with Rey's bank.  While both the Evade and the Kanan Focus can ensure they're only doing max 2 damage to you, the probability of getting only 1 damage is quite a bit higher with the E vs. the F (Assuming 3 dice attack with single modifier, Evade action results in 1 damage when they roll 2 hits, which is 42% of the time.  Focus action results in 1 damage when they roll 1 hit, which is 37.5% of the time.  0 Damage for E = when they roll 0 or 1 hits, 15.625% vs. Focus when they roll 0 hits 6.25%).  So with the math in parentheses, you end up with expected damage via Evade at 1.21 and via Focus at 1.5.  Meaning that the focus action will cost you 25% more health on average.  But in all honesty, you shouldn't be taking the Evade action unless you have a Focus from Rey as a Focus will grant you both an offensive modifier and a defensive modifier... But do you use both?  Or when you only have 1 focus (because you took a boost or an Evade), do you use it on offense or defense?  Or do you save it for Rey?

And that's all after you've selected a dial.  Sure - you can just circle the map, being very predictable and trading shots - and against some lists this is fine.  To outfly your opponent, you have to pull them across the rocks when you want to, and have them chase you through the rocks in the late game.  And fitting that big base through a dense set of rocks requires 2-3 turn advance planning, along with the occasional "screw it, over the rock I go" to throw off your pursuit.  Oh yeah, and at some point, you have to decide when to deploy the shuttle.  Sure, it's easy to say wait until the Ghost is going to die, but often its better to deploy a turn or two earlier - get a block on your pursuit, and setting up a TLT shot without retaliation, and then putting the Phantom into a trailing position, giving the pursuit something to worry about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Khyros said:

Sure, it's easy to say wait until the Ghost is going to die, but often its better to deploy a turn or two earlier - get a block on your pursuit, and setting up a TLT shot without retaliation, and then putting the Phantom into a trailing position, giving the pursuit something to worry about.

I played a match where I thought I was well on my way to a win based off of previous ghost matches, until the guy launched his shuttle early.  So many people wait too late or until Ghost is dying.  It ended up being a big advantage to him and most certainly was the 'critical decision' that won him the match.  

Edited by Zorprime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gennataos said:

I get that you have a dog in this hunt, but is there another Rebel list which is more point and shoot that Kanan/Biggs?  I'm sure any list has to be flown well to be successful at highly competitive events.  

Sure.  You can start with things without a turret, as they must point and shoot.  Then you can remove choices for actions.  And off the top of my head:

 

Blue Thunder: 

2 Blues w/ HLC

2 Rookies

 

Alpha Strike Z95

Bandit w/ Conc & GC x5

Blount w/ Tracers

 

Norra comes pretty close too, as does Rey, though they both aren't on the level of the two above.  

 

And if by point and shoot you really mean "auto pilot" then Fat Han takes the cake - just keep circling the outside, boosting to arc dodge, evading if you can't, using predator to modify your attack, and C3PO and Evade token to minimize incoming damage to at max 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Khyros said:

Sure.  You can start with things without a turret, as they must point and shoot.  Then you can remove choices for actions.  And off the top of my head:

Blue Thunder: 

2 Blues w/ HLC

2 Rookies

 

Alpha Strike Z95

Bandit w/ Conc & GC x5

Blount w/ Tracers

 

Norra comes pretty close too, as does Rey, though they both aren't on the level of the two above.  

 

And if by point and shoot you really mean "auto pilot" then Fat Han takes the cake - just keep circling the outside, boosting to arc dodge, evading if you can't, using predator to modify your attack, and C3PO and Evade token to minimize incoming damage to at max 1.

By "point and shoot", I do mean "auto pilot".  I can see your point.  I've just found Kanan/Biggs incredibly easy to fly locally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...