Refugeanoth

Royal Guard V-Wing squadron ready to defend the Emperor.

7 minutes ago, Punning Pundit said:

I'm working on designing stats for the V-Wing and V-19. Your models are definitely an inspiration.

I'm running them in my hotac campaign as elite defenders with double the hit points and the ability to move twice each turn. Should be quite challenging to deal with especially with the emperor and his nightmarish ability flying around. 

58 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

They have already taken a ship from the clone wars. All that needs to be done is decide which goes to Rebels, which goes to Imperials, and which goes to Scum.

Need V-wing (see in tarkin novel) for imperial and vulture droid for scum since arc-170 go for the rebels ! :lol:

8 minutes ago, GrimmyV said:

Should Royal Guard be using modified Eta-2s instead?

I have a flight of royal guard etas as well, but several  vwings were supposedly modified at the request of the emperor to be larger with enhanced shields, weapons, a hyperdrive and room for 2 royal guards so the emperor could travel with his full security compliment. 

2 hours ago, GrimmyV said:

Palpy: Here's my security compliment (raises his ugly old man hands) THUNDER AND LIGHTNING!  Which one do you want, boy!

Mercifully I don't think I'm going to have the etas and the v-wings out at the same time guarding Palp. He certainly doesn't need the assistance with the sith battle meditation ability I came up with for him.

9 minutes ago, takfar said:

whoa. these. are. gorgeous.

Thanks! I'm pleasantly surprised with how well they turned out considering they're micromachines. You can dpo pretty much anything with an exacto knife and some time :P

4 minutes ago, Punning Pundit said:

In my mind, the V-Wing is a missile carrier. I'm trying to come up with a good, cheap, fragile platform for missiles. I also want it to be something that is both useful at 12 points, and clearly not as good as the TIE l/n.

I might well be stealing Quinn Jast's rearm mechanic outright. 

Their only supposed armament according to the sources I've looked at shows them with 2 Twin laser cannons and Some were equipped with Flak guns and Proton bombs. No sort of missile loadout, but hey, nothing saying they couldn't have been modified to carry them. 

29 minutes ago, Refugeanoth said:

Their only supposed armament according to the sources I've looked at shows them with 2 Twin laser cannons and Some were equipped with Flak guns and Proton bombs. No sort of missile loadout, but hey, nothing saying they couldn't have been modified to carry them. 

Oh, well in that case, I can swap my V-19 and V-Wing ideas and solve a couple problems. Missile costs add _up_, and thus become restrictive for a cheap, light frame. However, now I have other ideas...

26 minutes ago, Punning Pundit said:

Oh, well in that case, I can swap my V-19 and V-Wing ideas and solve a couple problems. Missile costs add _up_, and thus become restrictive for a cheap, light frame. However, now I have other ideas...

Could be cool to see a small fast ship with a bomb, cannon and astromech slot.