Sign in to follow this  
palefire

Question About Expansions

The large expansions are a bit pricey and I'm not particularly interested in adding new territory to the game.  Can I just add the smaller expansions without getting the previous expansions first?  Would that create any conflicts in the base game?  I'd like to get the smaller expansions to add new cards, investigators and Ancient Ones.  

2 hours ago, palefire said:

The large expansions are a bit pricey and I'm not particularly interested in adding new territory to the game.  Can I just add the smaller expansions without getting the previous expansions first?  Would that create any conflicts in the base game?  I'd like to get the smaller expansions to add new cards, investigators and Ancient Ones.  

Forsaken Lore and Strange Remnants are both phenomenal additions to the game. I would recommend those two to expand your game if you are on a tight budget, their value for cost is really good. In my personal experience MoM really didn't enhance the game (possibly because I had SR first and the new mechanics from MoM were covered in that). MoM has been relegated to the shelf (along with Signs of Carcosa another small box which was meh).  I may take them down at some point if I want to battle Hastur, Ithaqu, or the Elder Things but I doubt that will happen any time soon. HtH

22 hours ago, palefire said:

Don't forget that the new territories are only added under certain conditions to the game. They are only used with their respective Ancient One or Prelude Card