Sign in to follow this  
WarriorOfIron13

Need help

Could do that..

But as that's maybe the 'obvious' build, I'd want to counter it.

What about a mixed bag of Tie's..

TIE Interceptor: Royal Guard Pilot (22)
TIE Striker: Black Squadron Scout (20)
TIE Fighter: Academy Pilot (12)
-- TOTAL ------- 100p. --

Royal Guards are your aces and acadamy guys do their usual thing.  Striker is a middle ground but is a third 3 die ship.  

I was going to suggest a Deci but it's a ship that melts really fast to focus fire.   With the format you are looking good at you're going to face a lot of red dice.  It would be doable but a real challenge to prevent that.  Mix of blocking and leveraging your turret while staying  out of enemy arc could be good.  Tbh though I'd expect a swarm to kill the Deci in 2 turns of shooting.

3 hours ago, WarriorOfIron13 said:

So my FLGS store owner is running a tournament but here is the catch! The list can have no unique pilots and no upgrades at all! What would you guys/gals fly?

To be honest it looks like the store owner has no clue about X-wing. This will going to be a very boring tournament with swarms against swarms

We had a similar evening at our group a while back.  It was actually good fun as a change from the ace and combo stuff we generally see.  Was actually far from boring as it was so different than anything that's been seen for a long time. 

7 minutes ago, kopmcginty said:

We had a similar evening at our group a while back.  It was actually good fun as a change from the ace and combo stuff we generally see.  Was actually far from boring as it was so different than anything that's been seen for a long time. 

I know just disappointed because I have some lists I've been wanting to play with as he doesn't run much and I only can catch these ones that he runs 

Oh and if upgrades are allowed, I'd be seriously tempted by an FCS Starkiller. Not a lot in this type of game will be able to stand up to it!

Upsilon-class Shuttle: Starkiller Base Pilot (30)
     Fire Control System (2)
     Push The Limit (3)
     Autothrusters (2)
     Royal Guard TIE (0)
     Stealth Device (3)
TIE Defender: Glaive Squadron Pilot (34)
     TIE/x7 (-2)
-- TOTAL ------- 94p. --

6pts to play with for EPT on the Defender and or kit out the Upsilon.

8 hours ago, Jerval said:

TLT Kwings = GG

Dont think it's remotely an auto win for the K wings.  I'd be confident of killing one K before they are able to put out too much hurt.  Triple K with TLT doesn't leave much room for bombs and crew and the actual TLT's can be flown around.

My experience flying against mass TLT.. they have to be a really good player to pull it off. 8 or 9 times out of 10 either my list or my flying beats them out.  It's just not a build type that scares me.  It can definitely be 'flown around'.

Not everyone is Aaron Bonar.

(99)

Glaive Squadron Pilot (33) - TIE Defender
Crack Shot (1), TIE/x7 (-2)

Its nothing new, but you will win some games. 

If I should play matches with no unique pilots and no upgrade cards. I would fly one of the following lists:

Imperial
4 Royal guard ties and 1 academy (100)

Scum
Contracted Scout,  Transdoshan Slaver and 2 Concord Dawn Aces (you could also exchange one or two of the aces with Ruthless Freelancer) (100)

Rebels

2 YT-1300 Resistance Sympathizers and 1 T-70 Blue sq. (100)