Sign in to follow this  
Cloaker

Inaldra is already DOA

Yeah I think Quinn's main draw over HLC Vets is the more consistent damage output. I run Mindlink Scyks frequently and it always frustrates me when I roll blanks on HLC (because I always tend to Focus + Evade with them). Guidance Chips give him a huge leg up, particularly with Prockets.

So...

M3-A Interceptor: Tansarii Point Veteran (17)
     Attanni Mindlink (1)
     Pulsed Ray Shield (2)
     "Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (2)
     Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
     Attanni Mindlink (1)
     Pulsed Ray Shield (2)
     Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
     Attanni Mindlink (1)
     Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
M3-A Interceptor: Inaldra (15)
     Attanni Mindlink (1)

"Light Scyk" Interceptor (-2)

-- TOTAL ------- 99p. --

Focus+Evade+Regen (2/3) into 3 agility.

3 HLC (modified eventually)

Nice blocker bait (will you really shoot at Inaldra?)

Seems pretty solid to me. Of course it can be improved, I writed it in 3 minutes

Edited by Cerve

2 hours ago, defkhan1 said:

Yeah I think Quinn's main draw over HLC Vets is the more consistent damage output. I run Mindlink Scyks frequently and it always frustrates me when I roll blanks on HLC (because I always tend to Focus + Evade with them). Guidance Chips give him a huge leg up, particularly with Prockets.

It is however not really more consistent damage output. HLC and Even Mangler can shoot every turn if you maneuver well. Quinn can not.

The more i think about it, the more i come to the conclusion that Quinn is better to breach Stealth devices, put damage on Super elusive ships and the like. While HLC is much better against shield regen and low agi ships that you will constantly pressure with lots of attack dice.

So no, Quinn is not as bad as i first thought, but i prefer Inaldra. Cheap, flexible EPT with a situational Pilot skill. He kinda forces you to take the Pulse Shield, but then Quinn completely forces you into ordnance and besides that his pilot talent is even more useless than Inaldra's.

1 minute ago, ForceM said:

It is however not really more consistent damage output. HLC and Even Mangler can shoot every turn if you maneuver well. Quinn can not.

The more i think about it, the more i come to the conclusion that Quinn is better to breach Stealth devices, put damage on Super elusive ships and the like. While HLC is much better against shield regen and low agi ships that you will constantly pressure with lots of attack dice.

So no, Quinn is not as bad as i first thought, but i prefer Inaldra. Cheap, flexible EPT with a situational Pilot skill. He kinda forces you to take the Pulse Shield, but then Quinn completely forces you into ordnance and besides that his pilot talent is even more useless than Inaldra's.

HLC shoots more often, Homing missile shoots harder.  Guidance chips will make it more reliable damage output even if you get less shots.  And it's entirely possible you may end up at range 1 the round after you fire first anyway, at which point you just fire your primary (same as an HLC ship) and regen teh missile later.

I'm thinking you run Quinn with Mindlink, Heavy title, Prockets, Chimps, and fly him like a bat out of hell. Maybe the shield regen instead of chimps for better survival since TL+Focus is already pretty good mods on prockets.

You use Mindlink to keep a Focus on him, use his action to Barrel Roll out of arcs or Evade to stay alive or you can TL between shots to get TL+Focus+Chimps on your Procket Shots.

He's basically a 24pts Biggs that doesn't have to stay in Range 1 of anyone to draw fire. No way in hell anyone is going to let that little guy stay alive dropping fully modded 5 die shots every other turn. He's going to draw aggro biggly.