Sign in to follow this  
Cloaker

Inaldra is already DOA

19 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

I don't know she seems more like a kamakazi (without dead mans switch) might be trying shield upgrade with HLC but then again I would be handing over 28 MOV.

When people talk about  her, they pull up the worst examples to use her ability.   So, facing an X-wing and you use it for offensive power when there is no chance to kill the X-wing.  Yeah, bad move.   Let's say you are firing at something that fires after  you and you flub your attack roll.  Perfect time to re-roll and finish a ship off.  Let's say you have a Focus and blank out on defense dice.  Perfect time to take the hit to re-roll.   Let's say that if you blow up this enemy ship that you can save your <x> ship that's really important to your list....take the shield hit.  I say it's really situational and you won't use it all the time, but you have the option to do it.  Also able to regen that shield, too.  

3 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

no, the DoA one is Quinn. On practically any other ship his ability would be awesome, but i'd be surprised if he was able to attack with an ordnance twice having a gap of no attack period to get it back. He kinda has to completely disengage to get that weapon back and lock in on a target, leaving his buddies to fight an uneven battle.

Inaldra may not be gamebreaking powerful but she has uses.

The addition of a Syck never makes a battle even.

5 minutes ago, PastrySandwich said:

The addition of a Syck never makes a battle even.

its funny how people say that about TIE Fighters until they really piss you off :D
A Scyk is just a slightly more expensive TIE Fighter.

Edited by Vineheart01

4 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

no, the DoA one is Quinn. On practically any other ship his ability would be awesome, but i'd be surprised if he was able to attack with an ordnance twice having a gap of no attack period to get it back. He kinda has to completely disengage to get that weapon back and lock in on a target, leaving his buddies to fight an uneven battle.

Inaldra may not be gamebreaking powerful but she has uses.

Deadeye

1 minute ago, Cerve said:

Deadeye

By lock in i more meant get a bead on a target and not end up out of arc or too close. Unless you can fire the turn you did a Kturn its usually difficult to get another ordnance shot after the joust.

I think Inaldra with Serrisu might create an interesting targeting dilemma. Do you shoot at the easier to hit Serrisu or do you try and push a single point of damage through on Inaldra to remove her attack mods? 

Inaldra with Mindlink, Heavy Scyk, HLC, PRS is 27 points.

Serrisu with Mindlink, Heavy Scyk, and Mangler is 27 points.

Leaves 46 points for some beef.

Edited by WWHSD

3 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

R3 is still crying in a corner.....lol

See, R3 is a valid "nobody will ever use this" call because I think literally everyone saw that and went "wait, what? Is this a Wave 1 card?" or something to that effect. Nobody really want to use it. Inaldra has people pointing out "hey, you could do some stuff". 

8 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

Hey, I got an idea. Why don't we learn from the past, and not say something is Dead on Arrival until it actually arrives?

Because the X-Wing community has been OH so accurate calling how bad ships/upgrades are before they hit the tables in the past. 

Case and point with the Tie S/F which tons of people cried DOA on and now after some time, it's being used and seen success in the competitive scene. 

21 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

By lock in i more meant get a bead on a target and not end up out of arc or too close. Unless you can fire the turn you did a Kturn its usually difficult to get another ordnance shot after the joust.

The next turn maybe. All the time, nah. Depends on the rest of the list, she still cheap enough to push your opponent to choose who kill at first. 

I think most imperial players didn't necessarily want or get how to fly what's basically a "heavy fighter" like Rebels do all the time. Y'know, "what's all this red color on my dial" to the point where most people seemed to think you had to run TIE Mk II to make them work so you could clear stress. Now I think people like them with LWF - you basically get pocket defender stats with tech and systems slots. 

38 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

Hey, I got an idea. Why don't we learn from the past, and not say something is Dead on Arrival until it actually arrives?

Because the X-Wing community has been OH so accurate calling how bad ships/upgrades are before they hit the tables in the past. 

Apart from Palp (huge hive mind fail to compute there)  and Attani Mindlink somewhat what exactly has been hailed DOA and turned out to be good (or at least above average) ?

5 hours ago, Cloaker said:

Commander of Tansarii Point, yet PS3, because of course THAT makes sense. 

The other ships are solid, however. 

Soontir Fel was the best pilot of the 181st, and wasn't the Leader. The leader (Evir Derricote) of the squadron was arguably the worst pilot in the galaxy. However, he was a pretty strong Tactician.

In short, Pilot Skill is not the same thing as Leadership Skill.

49 minutes ago, RStan said:

Case and point with the Tie S/F which tons of people cried DOA on and now after some time, it's being used and seen success in the competitive scene. 

Give me 2 examples of a TIE S/F being used successfully in a competitive scene... because it's not

Tho after all the nerfs to TIE D, they do have a chance to rise.

Edited by Talamare

3 minutes ago, Talamare said:

Soontir Fel was the best pilot of the 181st, and wasn't the Leader. The leader (Evir Derricote) of the squadron was arguably the worst pilot in the galaxy. However, he was a pretty strong Tactician.

In short, Pilot Skill is not the same thing as Leadership Skill.

Evir was the leader of the 181st when it was also one of the worst fighter squadrons in the empire. Soontir turned it around and made it one of the best. 

Just now, VanderLegion said:

Evir was the leader of the 181st when it was also one of the worst fighter squadrons in the empire. Soontir turned it around and made it one of the best. 

Yep, Soontir Fel made the 181st one of the best... but he still wasn't the Leader.

Evir was the leader the entire time.

1 minute ago, WWHSD said:

2nd and 6th place at Mustafar
3rd place at Lothal

They've made the cut at a bunch of regionals.

I didn't know about Mustafar, but I think in Lothal it got to 2nd.

I specifically asked for 2 examples, since I knew about Lothal. ;)

Tho I hold my stance that it will rise with the decline of Palpatine and TIE D.

9 minutes ago, Talamare said:

I didn't know about Mustafar, but I think in Lothal it got to 2nd.

I specifically asked for 2 examples, since I knew about Lothal. ;)

Tho I hold my stance that it will rise with the decline of Palpatine and TIE D.

I think that will definitely cause them to see more play. I think Lightweight Frame and some of the Tech slot upgrades that were released after Wave 9 gave them a bit of a boost that they didn't have at release. They've been overshadowed by Dengaroo, Defenders, and Paratanni and we've been in the middle of X-Wing tournament season for a record long time so I think that people have really just start to mess with them in earnest.  

Edited by WWHSD

The TIE/SF is a phenomenal ship, doubly so now it has Lightweight Frame. An excellent slot selection, named pilots both with amazing abilities, and priced sensibly. Any lack of success with them, tournament wise, I suspect is more owed to people not realising just how good they actually are and therefore not flying them than anything wrong with the ship.

Seriously, give me a TIE/SF over the new /x7 - it certainly feels a lot more durable, somehow.

All these ships just scream mindlink, so she is the cheapest, making her the best mindlink ship of the bunch. Throw three more ships, 3 good,or two amazing and 1 more that can keep up and somewhere in that could be the next great mindlink list (since no doubt one will rise in manaroo's wake. If you can split manaroo into two solid mindlink carriers, I can't see how it won't be good in our unknown new meta

Edited by TheOz