Sign in to follow this  
Cloaker

Inaldra is already DOA

2 minutes ago, Panzeh said:

She is the cheapest EPT carrier in the game in a faction with mindlink.

Her ability can be used DEFENSIVELY too. Would you rather a Tansarii Point Vet get wiped out in one hit, or spend that shield to reroll those blank green dice potentially change her fate? Not amazing, but I don't think DOA.

no, the DoA one is Quinn. On practically any other ship his ability would be awesome, but i'd be surprised if he was able to attack with an ordnance twice having a gap of no attack period to get it back. He kinda has to completely disengage to get that weapon back and lock in on a target, leaving his buddies to fight an uneven battle.

Inaldra may not be gamebreaking powerful but she has uses.

Just now, RStan said:

Her ability can be used DEFENSIVELY too. Would you rather a Tansarii Point Vet get wiped out in one hit, or spend that shield to reroll those blank green dice potentially change her fate? Not amazing, but I don't think DOA.

Yeah, to me her ability maybe happens one in six games.  Mindlink is the reason to take her imo.

Cheap, a flexible ability to use with the new mod and EPT, where is she dead on arrival??

I can agree that a commander of the tansari point station should maybe have higher ps than the veterans but still a solid pilot IMO

Quinn was the one I thought meh while reading the ability.

Edited by jocke01

6 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

no, the DoA one is Quinn. On practically any other ship his ability would be awesome, but i'd be surprised if he was able to attack with an ordnance twice having a gap of no attack period to get it back. He kinda has to completely disengage to get that weapon back and lock in on a target, leaving his buddies to fight an uneven battle.

Nonsense. Quinn is a 24-point Pez dispenser. Only instead of candy, you're dispensing guided Proton Rockets at range 1 and using your Veteran Instincts to operate from PS8.

I dont think any of the new pilots are DoA.  Inaldra has uses as a cheap AM carrier, and once in a blue moon her ability may save her.  Or just think of her as a unique generic.

Quinn I am actually excited about.  I would do Plasmas/GC and either Deadeye or AM.  Guess you could go VI and use her Weapons Disabled turns to set up her TLs.  I cannot imagine an opponent is going to ignore Plasmas, even if they are every other turn.  Plus being at R3 will keep her alive longer instead of having to break away after using PRockets.

55 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Depending on the rest of your squad, 21 points for a ship that can fire off tracers every other round might not be too bad (22 if you put Mindlink on him).  

I do think that the decision to reload being made at the top of the combat phase makes the ability better. If he's not going to have a shot or just has a sh*tty one, you aren't really giving up anything to reload.

Edited by WWHSD

1 hour ago, Panzeh said:

She is the cheapest EPT carrier in the game in a faction with mindlink.

Kaa'to would like a word ;) but yeah this alone is reason enough for her to be great :D no DOA nonsense... geez, it hasn't even been out yet. give it some time... patience young ones, patience.

1 minute ago, Space Dragn said:

Kaa'to would like a word ;) but yeah this alone is reason enough for her to be great :D no DOA nonsense... geez, it hasn't even been out yet. give it some time... patience young ones, patience.

Inaldra with the Light title is only 13 points, or 14 with mindlink. That beats Kaa'to.

1 minute ago, Space Dragn said:

Kaa'to is 15 points. Inaldra with the Light Syck title is only 13.

1 minute ago, PhantomFO said:

Inaldra with the Light title is only 13 points, or 14 with mindlink. That beats Kaa'to.

1 minute ago, WWHSD said:

Kaa'to is 15 points. Inaldra with the Light Syck title is only 13.

god of course! you guys are right and I'm just stupid :D never mind me. I thought of it when I first read it and then forgot again lol. this makes me actually really happy! 14 points mindlink support ship?? yes please!!

7 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

Depending on the rest of your squad, 21 points for a ship that can fire off tracers every other round might not be too bad (22 if you put Mindlink on him).  

I do think that the decision to reload being made at the top of the combat phase makes the ability better. If he's not going to have a shot or just has a sh*tty one, you aren't really giving up anything to reload.

Quinn with Deadeye+Heavy Syck+Munitions Failsafe+Flechette Torpedoes might not be too bad if low hull ships that don't like stress become popular again.

2 hours ago, RStan said:

I know!  Don't people see it?  Attanni Mindlink sees her with a Focus.  Someone shoots at her and...she blanks out.  We have all been there.  Take the hit to re-roll that dice as you have a Focus token!  What's not to love there?

2 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

Quinn with an Ion Pulse Missile will probably be able to walk a large based ship off the table.  One hit to get it to go 1 forward.  Spend that turn not shooting.   Just make sure to keep the target in range next turn and you rinse and repeat.    

If you go with Pulse Ray Shield and Attanni Mindlink, you can spend that off turn doing a shield regen, free Focus (from Mindlink), and then an Evade action.

Edited by heychadwick

2 hours ago, PhantomFO said:

You mean like how Arvel Crynyd is the leader of Green Squadron, yet doesn't have a native EPT slot?

But his subordinates, the green squadron pilots, do?

Sometimes people try to explain the universe how it is, but it do.

18 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

I know!  Don't people see it?  Attanni Mindlink sees her with a Focus.  Someone shoots at her and...she blanks out.  We have all been there.  Take the hit to re-roll that dice as you have a Focus token!  What's not to love there?

Quinn with an Ion Pulse Missile will probably be able to walk a large based ship off the table.  One hit to get it to go 1 forward.  Spend that turn ionized.   Just make sure to keep the target in range next turn and you rinse and repeat.  

I think you might be confusing Quinns cost to get his ordnance back with the PRS cost to get back a sheild. He's taking a Weapons Disabled token, not an Ion token when he uses his ability.

1 minute ago, WWHSD said:

I think you might be confusing Quinns cost to get his ordnance back with the PRS cost to get back a sheild. He's taking a Weapons Disabled token, not an Ion token when he uses his ability.

Yeah, my edit to fix it must've crossed your post.