Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

Happy Friday

2 minutes ago, Cubanboy said:

As a husband, a father, a brother and a son, I fall short, and I fail a lot. Hang in there, live in grace and get up. It's all you can do sometimes.

I've definitely tried to significantly reduce being grouchy with family, however, other people can be constantly trying my patience.  

12 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

I've definitely tried to significantly reduce being grouchy with family, however, other people can be constantly trying my patience.  

This is our chance to make a real difference. Are you with me ? - Jyn 

I'll probably be playing it in 10 years still. It may look similar to today's ships, especially since I don't plan to follow a 2.0 migration. Maybe it will be with a whole crazy list of new things. Maybe it won't even look like 100/6 and just be wild and crazy ideas left over from mission control, mini epics, or who knows what.

it may not be as often as right now, but I don't see myself ever fully quitting.

Playing 10 years from now?  I....kind of doubt it will have that longevity.  Of course, I'll have all my stuff and can break it out whenever I want.  I'm sure I'll be gaming something at that point.  It might occasionally be X-wing!

I have to say that last night was fun.  We tested Mario Kart and then I got a game in on a newish guy and his son.  I played my "I have you now" list that's Vader w/ Squad Swarm Leader and 5 Tie Fighters.  He had Decimator with Vader, Mara Jade, Rebel Captive, and an Ion Bomb, plus Wampa and 2 Tie Fighters.  I went full throttle with Vader on the flank.  He turned the Deci towards Vader and got in R1 of Vader.  I am pretty rusty with Vader and wasn't sure on the best way to handle it.  I figured if I was too defensive, he would just Vader me down.  So, I went full offensive and Target Locked and Focus.  I got 2 other Evade tokens to roll 5 dice!  I rolled 4 hits and 1 Eyeball.  Used the focus and threw in the free Crit from ATC.  That's 6 hits in the first shot!?!?!?!?  Blew through shields and the crit was Major Explosion that gave him another crit!  He didn't want to Vader after that as he was down a good chunk of hull.  My Tie Fighters chewed into him and left him with less than half hull after the first round!   It was crazy.  I don't think I've ever done that much damage in a game before on one target with one shot.

Edited by heychadwick

4 hours ago, heychadwick said:

Playing 10 years from now?  I....kind of doubt it will have that longevity.  Of course, I'll have all my stuff and can break it out whenever I want.  I'm sure I'll be gaming something at that point.  It might occasionally be X-wing!

I have to say that last night was fun.  We tested Mario Kart and then I got a game in on a newish guy and his son.  I played my "I have you now" list that's Vader w/ Squad Leader and 5 Tie Fighters.  He had Decimator with Vader, Mara Jade, Rebel Captive, and an Ion Bomb, plus Wampa and 2 Tie Fighters.  I went full throttle with Vader on the flank.  He turned the Deci towards Vader and got in R1 of Vader.  I am pretty rusty with Vader and wasn't sure on the best way to handle it.  I figured if I was too defensive, he would just Vader me down.  So, I went full offensive and Target Locked and Focus.  I got 2 other Evade tokens to roll 5 dice!  I rolled 4 hits and 1 Eyeball.  Used the focus and threw in the free Crit from ATC.  That's 6 hits in the first shot!?!?!?!?  Blew through shields and the crit was Major Explosion that gave him another crit!  He didn't want to Vader after that as he was down a good chunk of hull.  My Tie Fighters chewed into him and left him with less than half hull after the first round!   It was crazy.  I don't think I've ever done that much damage in a game before on one target with one shot.

You mean swarm leader?   Now that looks hella fun. 

2 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

You mean swarm leader?   Now that looks hella fun. 

Yes, thank you.  Swarm Leader.

I have you now

Darth Vader (29)
Swarm Leader (3)
Advanced Targeting Computer (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)
TIE/x1 (0)

"Night Beast" (15)

Academy Pilot (12)

Academy Pilot (12)

Academy Pilot (12)

Academy Pilot (12)

Total: 100

Make sure to play this song as you are winning.