Sign in to follow this  
Darth Veggie

The three IRREFUTABLE reasons for starting with Armada! - A click bait you won't regret

As some might know, I have a german Armada blog (called Admiral Darth Veggie). However, because of an interview with pt106 there had been two articles in English. Now, I have restructered the blog so that there is a (quite short) english section. In order to boost the english section I tanslated an article I wrote some weeks ago - it was the article that generated the most buzz of all articles I have written up to now and the article I consider to be my masterpiece :-)

The article wants to convince people to start playing armada. So, it presents 3 irrefutable reasons for getting started.

As always, please excuse my terrible non-flawless English. The three reasons you can find here:

https://admiral-darthveggie.jimdo.com/admiral-darth-veggie/english-articles/

Edited by Darth Veggie
striking out a stupid fishing for compliments claim; and now striking everything about it out

2 minutes ago, FatherTurin said:

Well, the thread title certainly disappoint.  And don't apologize for your English, it's better than quite a few American speakers of the language.

Seconded. I'm an American at a relatively good university, and I doubt most of my compatriots are that fluent in English, let alone a second language. (My Russian definitely is nowhere near that good.)

That is also a fantastic article beautifully summarizing Armada's glory, and your interview is a testament to your abilities as a writer and researcher.

4 hours ago, Green Knight said:

Anyone who writes "deepest semantic nuances of expressivity" in his blog gets a gold star from me :D

Hm, let's see whether I can get it into any English article I write in the future ;-)

41 minutes ago, FatherTurin said:

Well, the thread title certainly disappoint.  And don't apologize for your English, it's better than quite a few American speakers of the language.

37 minutes ago, GiledPallaeon said:

Seconded. I'm an American at a relatively good university, and I doubt most of my compatriots are that fluent in English, let alone a second language. (My Russian definitely is nowhere near that good.)

That is also a fantastic article beautifully summarizing Armada's glory, and your interview is a testament to your abilities as a writer and researcher.

Sorry, that was a bit of stupid fishing for compliments on my side. However, I am aware of the fact that there must be some mistakes in and a lot of germanisms. Edited the original post in order that we can all focus on the important stuff: the three irrefutable reasons ;-)

@CaribbeanNinja: The pictures lie! I used some fast painting techniques I found on boardgamegeek. Looks nice from some distance and on mediocre images. But not as good as the real stuff the people regularily post in the painting and modification section.

Can't deny that he makes an excellent argument. I mean, two Star Destroyers? Nobody argues against two Star Destroyers and comes out of it in good shape. 

I guess you could argue that Admiral Raddus did but the entire crew of his main argument died so that's not "good shape" in my books. 

14 hours ago, Megatronrex said:

@Darth Veggie Your "non-flawless" English is far better (and more enjoyable to read) than the overwhelming majority of people's I went to school with and I'm American. Hell, after re-reading my post your English is better than mine. Excellent articles.

Ok, I have striken out everything. However, I am pretty sure my next peer reviewer will not agree with you.

11 hours ago, OlaphOfTheNorth said:

This is absolutely glorious- though of course, your argument is worth 6000 words, so those who're praising your brevity have forgotten their english idioms...

And man, it took so long to write these 6000 words down! ;-)