cclaybern

Scavenger Crane and Extra Munitions

Need some help here,

When you get back your munition using scavenger crane, and you have extra munitions, does the new munition receive the extra token?  I assume yes, but want to make sure.  Thanks.

No, Scavenger Crane only instructs you to flip over a discarded card. It does not instruct you to replace any ordnance tokens.

Extra Munitions instructs you to place an ordnance token on each torpedo, missile and bomb upgrade card when you equip them, not when you flip them. Flipping over a discarded card is not equipping it again.

I am not so sure though which is why I was hoping FFG would respond. When you flip a card over, you are reequiping it.  It isn't just about the flip action, but what you are doing.  Here is why I ask:

JumpMaster 5000: Contracted Scout (25)
     Attanni Mindlink (1)
     Extra Munitions (2)
     Plasma Torpedoes (3)
     Guidance Chips (0)
     K4 Security Droid (3)
     Scavenger Crane (2)
     Unhinged Astromech (1)

Attanni Mindlink (1)
     Extra Munitions (2)
     Plasma Torpedoes (3)
     Guidance Chips (0)
     K4 Security Droid (3)
     Scavenger Crane (2)
     Unhinged Astromech (1)

M3-A Interceptor: · Serissu (20)
     Attanni Mindlink (1)
     "Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (2)
     Proton Rockets (3)
-- TOTAL ------- 100/100p. --

It is a build I am working on that could really abuse that if it is the case.  That is why I want clarification of it from FFG.

11 minutes ago, cclaybern said:

I am not so sure though which is why I was hoping FFG would respond. When you flip a card over, you are reequiping it.  It isn't just about the flip action, but what you are doing.  Here is why I ask:

Attanni Mindlink (1)
     Extra Munitions (2)
     Plasma Torpedoes (3)
     Guidance Chips (0)
     K4 Security Droid (3)
     Scavenger Crane (2)
     Unhinged Astromech (1)

Attanni Mindlink (1)
     Extra Munitions (2)
     Plasma Torpedoes (3)
     Guidance Chips (0)
     K4 Security Droid (3)
     Scavenger Crane (2)
     Unhinged Astromech (1)

M3-A Interceptor: · Serissu (20)
     Attanni Mindlink (1)
     "Heavy Scyk" Interceptor (2)
     Proton Rockets (3)
-- TOTAL ------- 100/100p. --

It is a build I am working on that could really abuse that if it is the case.  That is why I want clarification of it from FFG.

I like the build, though I'd also put Guidance Chips on Serissu just because I can :)

Sadly, with the way Extra Munitions is worded, flipping the Plasma Torpedo with Scavenger Crane doesn't add the token:

"When you equip this card, place 1 ordnance token..." You place the token(s) when you equip Extra Munitions, not when you equip Plasma Torpedo

What happens to an unspent Extra Munitions token if you were to discard the card it is on? Do you discard the token as well or does it stay on the face down card?

If the unspent token stays with the card, you could always discard the ordnance card instead of the token if you expect a ship to blow up at range 1-2 in the near future and use the crane to get the card back. Keep doing that until the crane craps out or if you aren't expecting anything to die before you do.

If you let the card get flipped whilst it still has a token on it, then the token is lost (IMO) and when you flip it back with scavenger crane you have only the card and not the token.

I'll reiterate: Flipping is not equipping. 

You equip upgrades only during squad building. Nowhere in the rules or on the card does it say you are re-equipping the upgrade. There are no rules for re-equipping. There are rules for equipping (page 18).

1 hour ago, Parravon said:

I'll reiterate: Flipping is not equipping. 

You equip upgrades only during squad building. Nowhere in the rules or on the card does it say you are re-equipping the upgrade. There are no rules for re-equipping. There are rules for equipping (page 18).

Yeah. Equipping is a squad-building term. It has no place in any in-game discussion.

15 hours ago, McLaine said:

If you let the card get flipped whilst it still has a token on it, then the token is lost (IMO) and when you flip it back with scavenger crane you have only the card and not the token.

Seems like a reasonable assumption, but we don't really have a rule to point to either way. Could be worth a Frank question. Although given the Stunned Pilot thing I just saw I'm not sure he wouldn't say you keep the token but suffer a damage.

The reason I brought this up is because of the wording on the card.  Both say "equipped."  The extra munitions card brings a whole different issue with this after a friend and I were discussing it.  What that would require is declaring you assigned it after you put out the other cards which could require another step in the game entirely.  That is why this is being raised as a question to get attention to it.

Maybe that is why they used the word flipping, but I would also like to point out that it would still be equipping that card.  This needs to be hashed out I think by FFG.