Sign in to follow this  
CBS Ink

Corona Squadron - Double Arc Biggs Squad

I just wanted to share a really fun and versatile Squad.

Corona Squadron

Norra Wexley - Arc170 (29)

- BB8 (2)

- PTL (3)

- Kyle Katarn (3)

- Vector Thrusters (2)

- Alliance Overhaul (0)

Thane Kyrell - Arc170 (26)

- M9-G8 (3)

- Weapons Engineer (3)

- Vector Thrusters (2)

- Alliance Overhaul (0)

Biggs Darklighter - T65 X-Wing (25)

- R4-D6 (1)

- Integrated Astromech (0)

Total: 99pts

The great part of this Squad is Thane Kyrell and his ability during the Attack Phase. With Weapons Engineer and M9-G8, he can Target Lock 2 People when someone attacks Biggs (or Norra). He can then make his Friendlies and Opponents ReRoll Attack Dice.

After playing it a few times I have found that it is very versatile and really helps set up nasty shots.

Also, I know someone is going to say that I don't need VT on Norra because of BB8, but from my experience, VT is still very useful because you will not always be using BB8's ability during the game.

I also really like this version of Norra because she is very squirrely and can often get 2 Focus and a TL without stress... even if bumped!

Let me know what you think!

Thanks 

Ive been using a similar build for fun, with only one modification: I dropped VT on Norra, and added seismic torps on Thane...they can be a fun bit of added dmg to a ship or 2, and create a clear maneuvering channel for the 3 ships to continue towards while employing the ARCs aux firing arc if you so choose.

I tried few games with similar list (classic 40pts Norra instead of yours) and I had mixed feelings from that Thane build. On one side, that possibility of reroll makes Norra even more reliable in dishing out damage while also protecting Biggs from some nasty crits (and helping with R4-D6 actually working). On the other side, you need to keep enemy ships in his arc and also keep him from harm. When Biggs is dead, he'll probably became the next target and won't be able to use his ability again. Also, he competes with Stressbot Braylen for the same points. While I do not think that Braylen is universally better, he can be good counter to high PS aces which can evade Norra's arcs, also with gunner he will be probably more efficient that Thane during his attacks. 

Personally, I'd keep Thane, he's a lot of fun and that ability may catch someone off guard from time to time.

Also, I'd consider Norra with TG instead of Kyle. Makes more use of that rear arc.