Embir82

Congratulations

Congratulations whining, unskilled players.

Your constant moaning paid off. FFG basically killed Palpatine.

Card was fine, it worked well - the real problem were Defenders. Unfortunetly on this forum anyone can sound like an experienced X-Wing veteran who knows what he is talking about. This means mob rules.

Unfortunately whining prevailed so we have a dead card now.

Now I know one thing - I won't buy big ship ever again, because if there is a good card, there is fairly high chance that sooner or later FFG will nerf it into oblivion.

3 minutes ago, Blue Five said:

Um... good? Buying a giant ship you don't want for a small piece of card was dumb anyway. If this catalyses you making sensible purchasing choices I'd say FFG did you a favour.

The only dumb thing is your argument. Given card is a part of big ship package - in this case most important for me. If I see that given part might lose its usefulness I won't risk buying big ship again.

It's not like there aren't other ships out there to fly. Oh wait, there are! Also, I suspect you'll find him every bit as useful as I'm sure you already know which rolls you don't want to fluff before you roll them.

Or you can take the opportunity to break the mould and play something else.

Your constant moaning paid off. FFG basically killed Palpatine.

Card was fine, it worked well - the real problem were Defenders. Unfortunetly on this forum anyone can sound like an experienced X-Wing veteran who knows what he is talking about. This means mob rules.

I doubt FFG takes direction from the forum. They look at it but they don't take direction from it. They've got years of tournament data for that.

I was more meaning 'if you want the card, it'll be on ebay cheaper than the ship'.  But also 'you could just buy the ship, take out the card you want and ebay the rest, you'll make a profit off 3 ATC/x1 combos fairly easily.  I paid around 1/4 of the price of a Raider for my ATC/x1.

1 minute ago, Blue Five said:

If you wanted the ship then you still have the ship.

If you only wanted a card then you paid the full price of the ship for the card which is a decision I struggle to understand..

Are you for real or just not very smart? Card is a key component of the whole big ship kit.

Check the prices of Palpatine from about year ago. I much more prefered to buy big ship because single card was costly. By paying bigger price I get big ship, epic campaign and a bunch of other useful cards - but the fact remains that from the market point of view 3rd part of the ship price if value of this one killer card.

Just now, Blue Five said:

How that's worth the price of a Raider to you is what I don't get.

Don't worry. Some people don't understand even simplier things and still survive.

8 minutes ago, Embir82 said:

Are you for real or just not very smart? Card is a key component of the whole big ship kit.

Check the prices of Palpatine from about year ago. I much more prefered to buy big ship because single card was costly. By paying bigger price I get big ship, epic campaign and a bunch of other useful cards - but the fact remains that from the market point of view 3rd part of the ship price if value of this one killer card.

So why you cry? When Raider was released Palp was not considered big thing by any1. 

33 minutes ago, Embir82 said:

Unfortunetly on this forum anyone can sound like an experienced X-Wing veteran who knows what he is talking about. This means mob rules.

Like you do now?

Best thing about this is that they didn't even kill the card, they just added a skill requirement to using it - now you need to be able to judge which shot is the most dangerous to you. It is a lot less useful against concentrated fire, which is where it previously had been too strong, saving your aces from situations where you had been outplayed, but could green dice tank through anyways.

The nerf looks dire, but if you are good at the game you can still make it work. I wouldn't expect palpatine to evaporate completely, he just might have some competition now in imperial lists.

Just now, Vitalis said:

So why you cry? When Raider was released Palp was not considered big thing by any1. 

Like you do now?

Well I play tournaments regularly and in last Poland Open Championship I was in TOP rounds. And who you are? Next nobody?

8 minutes ago, Embir82 said:

Don't worry. Some people don't understand even simplier things and still survive.

Perhaps the reason you struggle to explain yourself is because you doubt yourself but can't admit it? Someone with geniune confidence in their decisions could easily explain why it was worth it. The fact that you can't is fairly telling: you attack the person rather than the argument because you believe your chances are better that way.

Just now, Embir82 said:

Well I play tournaments regularly and in last Poland Open Championship I was in TOP rounds. And who you are? Next nobody?

Wanna talk on Poznań Regionals about being "next nobody" in person..?

3 minutes ago, Embir82 said:

You're also a nobody like everyone in a forum.

Palpatine didn't require any skill and dumbed down the game with a guaranteed result on demand per turn. Thats not what skilled players need but they all used it because it made it easier.

1 minute ago, Vitalis said:

Wanna talk on Poznań Regionals about being "next nobody" in person..?

No because I won't be there - but you may come to Pruszków to play. 18th march to be exact. There will be tournament, Mr Nobody.

As bad as I feel chipping away at your clearly fragile self-image doing okay at X-Wing tournaments is hardly celebrity status.

No because I won't be there - but you may come to Pruszków to play. 18th march to be exact. There will be tournament, Mr Nobody.

Again, X-Wing tournaments don't grant you fame and status. Nobody knows or cares who you are which makes your calling people nobodies somewhere between comical and sad.

I'll give you that Palpatine was ok and didn't really need thrown down the reactor shaft THAT badly, but come on.

You can't throw a thread up (at least, you shouldn't throw a thread up) pointing the finger at moaners and whiners when all you're doing is, you know, moaning and whining.

At least do us all a favour and put the resulting fist fight from Poland up on YouTube.