TitaniumChopstick

Where is FGD?

66 posts in this topic

Good. And if you haven't seen him post stuff he could get banned for, you haven't read all his stuff. I doubt he was banned though, maybe he finally realized the volume of posts he has compared to time being here was on the point of ludicrous. Or maybe he finally realized that he was on repeat on a few subjects and is waiting for new material.

Could've possibly just left the game. I know I've been seeing more and more of that locally. I do wonder how long it will take for somebody to surpass his post count though. :P 

48 minutes ago, ForceM said:

What is an FGD?

3 minutes ago, princeyg said:

a forum member by the name of Fickle Green Dice, noted for (among many things) hatred of primary weapon turrets and an almost fanatical devotion to arc 170s

As I recall he had over 15,000 posts.  When a new topic started about anything by anyone, there was about a 33% chance he would have the first reply.

TitaniumChopstick likes this

4 minutes ago, princeyg said:

a forum member by the name of Fickle Green Dice, noted for (among many things) hatred of primary weapon turrets and an almost fanatical devotion to arc 170s

Ah yes, Fickle. I used to argue with him, but recently he got much more reasonable, and we even agreed on something from time to time...

Therefore i already thought he must be ill or something 😉😉😉

hehe, joined forum 2 years ago, thats my first like :)

im sure FGD will be back at some point, i mean there just doesnt seem to be the level of debate around atm, just fix this  or why nerf that threads all over the place

Even more strange no comments on new wave, speaking of which( and another Forum personality) JBR7 has made no comment on the upcoming ships, not one single Emoji.....

Para

FGD

JBR7

Who is next?

whats happening here, please post all your wild ideas and conspiracy theory's?

FlyingAnchors likes this

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Even more strange no comments on new wave, speaking of which( and another Forum personality) JBR7 has made no comment on the upcoming ships, not one single Emoji.....

Para

FGD

JBR7

Who is next?

whats happening here, please post all your wild ideas and conspiracy theory's?

Let me adjust my tinfoil hat for a moment before I begin theorizing the departure of such notable personalities.

3 minutes ago, TitaniumChopstick said:

FGD and Palp disappeared around the same time. Coincidence? I think not. I guess that would make JBR7 Manaroo. He always did like to pass around his love for casual X-Wing. ;)

Sadly, your recollection of time has been warped by the government experimentation with the space-time continuum.  Para was banned a while back. FGD was still posting back when the Upsilon was released into play. The glorious wingspan spoke to him. It must have whispered secrets to him that were too disturbing for mortal minds for not long after he vanished from the forum.

Edit: Aw, I read Palp as Para. That reads into my own mind far too closely and ruined my theory. :(

Edited by LagJanson
Ashley and TitaniumChopstick like this

Posted (edited)

i was kinda expecting another "WINGSPAAAAAN" thread when the Scurrg was revealed. While i dont think its considered to have wings its wide and thin enough to count lol

Edited by Vineheart01
TitaniumChopstick likes this

Posted (edited)

Obviously he got into a fight with a black guy named finn, whom he insulted, underestimating how strong finn is. He awaited his opponent kranich-style, both arms outstretched as to mimick the wingspan of a majestic bird. That lost him iniative, and he failed to evade the punch of his opponent. Since he was a big fan of absolutes, he didnt know how to deal with opposition. That saw the end of him. He will be missed.

Edited by MaxPower

12 hours ago, Hujoe Bigs said:

Good. And if you haven't seen him post stuff he could get banned for, you haven't read all his stuff.

This.  I never reported him for his attacks on me (just not my style), but I would not blame some others if they did.  He was (is?) relentlessly negative.  Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with some negativity in posting -- complaints are often valid! -- but it just never stopped with him, and it often started instantly.  "finn is ... Expose levels of ... bad" (and it's hard to express how much it hurts my brain trying to emulate his posting style).

He has, like so  many other "vets" of late, left the game.  Also, like so many other players, he didn't feel the need to post a big ol' "goodbye" or "why I'm quitting" thread.  

There are so very few familiar faces left on forums or at tournaments.

Evenflow30 likes this

2 hours ago, Jeff Wilder said:

This.  I never reported him for his attacks on me (just not my style), but I would not blame some others if they did.  He was (is?) relentlessly negative.  Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with some negativity in posting -- complaints are often valid! -- but it just never stopped with him, and it often started instantly.  "finn is ... Expose levels of ... bad" (and it's hard to express how much it hurts my brain trying to emulate his posting style).

To be fair, that entire argument between you two right before he stopped posting was pretty negative, not just FGD. As an unbiased spectator, I'd say you guys were attacking each other fairly equally. I also find it slightly odd that you are calling him out for attacking you, yet this comment is doing exactly that to him. I don't want to start further conflict, but seeing as FGD is no longer here to defend himself, I don't think it is right to continue bashing him.