SullyJr

My Thane + Biggs Squad

I saw recently that some Squads are showing up with Thane+Biggs... I would like to present mine and check for feedback from community:

Thane Kyrell (33)

Jyn Erso (2), R2-D6 (1), Alliance Overhaul (0) and Expose (4)

Biggs (28)

R5-P9 (3), Integrated Astromech

Norra Wexley (39)

Draw Their Fire (1), Plasma Torpedoes (3), Jan Ors (2), R2-D2 (4), Alliance Overhauk (0) and Guidance Chips (0)

With this Squad I use Jyn Erso to try place a Focus and Evade Token on Biggs, while I keep his Focus to regen. Then every attack on him makes Thane gets bigger with Expose, TL and Maybe a Focus.

Also Norra is used to draw a crit and help Biggs get alive longer. It is working for now, but you have to keep the formation (no matter what).

Any suggestions on how to improve it?

B.Regards, Sully.

Edited by SullyJr
Correcting Title

Biggs can only recover 1 shield per turn and Jan Ors can only feed him a maximum of one Evade. You are putting a lot of points and effort into keeping a fairly weak ship alive who's main objective is to act as ablative armour for the rest of your squad. Having said that, I like the idea of Biggs and 2 ARCs but I would run it like this instead.

34 Thane (26), Weapons Engineer (3), M9-G8 (3), AO (0), Vectored Thrusters (2)
26 Biggs (25), R4-D6 (1), IA (0)
40 Norra(29), R2-D2 (4), Tail Gunner (2), PTL (3), Vectored Thrusters (2), AO (0)
100 Total

Now you have something quite shiny. Thane can acquire 2 TLs per turn and can swap them mid-turn if someone shoots at Biggs. He can put one on Norra allowing her to reroll when attacking and still spend her TL for an extra hit. Thane can put TLs on enemy ships that are targeting Biggs to make them reroll one of their hits which will help to keep him alive a bit longer. Also Thane can do some fun things like block a high PS ship to deny their actions. Then when they shoot at someone else, he can Barrel Roll backwards allowing him to shoot at them later in the turn.

Edited by Karhedron

I second Karhedron's list. 

Your list relies on Thane too much, no ship in his arc means that you have 6pts of upgrades you will not use. Also, you need to catch at least 2 ships in your arc to have both Expose working and some modification available.  With M9-G8, you do not have to worry so much, as at least you will have some TLs on your ships, so Thane will do something each round until he's dead.

Additionally, munitions on Norra are a bit of waste of her pilot ability, as she would rather spend her TL on primary, which is more reliable than torpedo shot. 

ARC-170: · Thane Kyrell (26)
     · R7-T1 (3)
     Vectored Thrusters (2)
     · Finn (5)
     Alliance Overhaul (0)
X-Wing: · Biggs Darklighter (25)
     · R3-A2 (2)
     Integrated Astromech (0)
-- TOTAL ------- 63p. --

don't know how to finish the squad but i'm working arround that idea

Edited by Ninotik

I run this style of list 2 ways. All in all Jess is your endgame piece, so you can also throw R5p9 on her if you want and R4D6 on biggs in the first list, but with rex and thane TLs on 2 opposing ships biggs is fairly tanky, you have 3 3 dice ships and 1 2 dice, so you are a decent mini swarm with lots of rerolls both for you and against the incoming fire! so far using these lists i have lost no more than Biggs and 1 other ship! (typically Rex) 

KEEP BIGGS ALIVE!

100 points

PILOTS

Thane Kyrell (32)
ARC-170 (26), M9-G8 (3), Weapons Engineer (3), Alliance Overhaul (0)

Captain Rex (14)

Jess Pava (26)
T-70 X-Wing (25), R4-D6 (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

Biggs Darklighter (28)
X-Wing (25), R5-P9 (3), Integrated Astromech (0)

or 

KILL FASTER!

100 points

PILOTS

Thane Kyrell (32)
ARC-170 (26), M9-G8 (3), Weapons Engineer (3), Alliance Overhaul (0)

Captain Rex (14)

Jess Pava (28)
T-70 X-Wing (25), R2-D6 (1), Weapons Guidance (2), Integrated Astromech (0), A Score to Settle (0)

Biggs Darklighter (26)
X-Wing (25), R4-D6 (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

My take on Thane-Norra-Biggs is to try to make Thane self sufficient while still being a threat. Expose seems cool and it was actually the first thing I tried with this lad, but it's just not worth as it becomes almost useless once the formation breaks.

Thane Kyrell — ARC-170 26
Finn 5
R2-D6 1
Lone Wolf 2
Alliance Overhaul 0
Ship Total: 34

Norra Wexley — ARC-170 29
Push the Limit 3
Tail Gunner 2
R2-D2 4
Vectored Thrusters 2
Alliance Overhaul 0
Ship Total: 40

Biggs Darklighter — X-Wing 25
R4-D6 1
Integrated Astromech 0
Ship Total: 26

Thane gets fully mod dice in formation using his ability (only TL if you are facing low-PS generics), and once Biggs dies and the ARCs break formation to force a choice on the enemy, he uses his action (Focus) and Lone Wolf to keep pumping damage (or saving unexpected amounts of damage in defense). And sometimes you can even use his ability for an extra TL.

Is a squad I love to fly, hits like a truck and it's giving me some nice results: 4-2 in the only Regional I've used them (losing one game by just a couple dice against a guy that would finish 6-0 in the swiss), a 4th place in a ~24-players Hangar Bay tournament from another regional using them in exclusive, and helped to finish 1st in a 30-person Hangar Bay tournament in a third regional.

Edited by Kharnete

Thank you guys for all the Comments... I've made several changes to the Squad. I kept the team working in Keep Biggs Alive and it is really working a lot. With the Jan+Jyn Erso+R5P9 combo Biggs ends several matches on the table. Also I changed Norra by Shara, where I can use the TL from Shara to help the team on attacks.

At the moment I am 8-2 with this Squad.

http://xwing-builder.co.uk/view/678670/imortal-v3#