Jump to content
April

Alchemical Problems IC RPG thread

Recommended Posts

"Perhaps we should try using the Force to Influence Mr. Z... " Yorik joked unknowningly while striving to lighten the mood.  

He sighed loudly and then stated, "Well, things are about to get truly interesting.  But, then again, perhaps we can turn this into a Win-Win-Win for everyone involved!

"If you truly wish to accompany us, Ancient One, then it would be an honor for us to introduce to you our employer, Mr. Zando.  He is actually much more knowledgeable in the ways of the Force and the Sith than we are and has been the one sending us all over the Galaxy in search of ways to hopefully stop Imo Kul.  I know for a fact that he would consider meeting you, the true originator and teacher in the Ways of the Force his crowning achievement in life.  We'll just be sure to accompany you at all times to make sure that no harm comes to you..."

"This would also be an excellent opportunity for us to all make sure that we're all on the same page regarding doing whatever it takes to stop Lord Insanire, with the Banking Coalition, the representative of the Sith (you, Lady Xirrix), the greatest Force Master in the galaxy, and us... all together in one location where we can work together to come up with an ultimate solution.  What do you guys say? "

Yorik looked at Astrid, Bennar, Shard, and Durrak.  He smiled as they stood there, each person acutely conscious of their own predicament, caught smack dab in the middle of a tangled web of Banking/ Sith/ Force drama that had been centuries in the making.

Edited by Cartergame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lady Xirrix. Our Mr Zando has thus far been fiercely protective of his personal identity, and details beyond the scope of our missions. And I'm afraid my usually competent skills at digging up the past, have revealed little credible intelligence. As a Collector of all things Sith, I presume his activities have not passed unnoticed? Would you be willing to share his dossier with us? Anything you might know, that could shed light on our employer?

Like you, we intend to do the right thing, as best we can. We are on the same page. By association, I would like to think Zando has the best interests of the galaxy in mind, if only for financial reasons..? But I just don't know.

Swallowing her fear, Astrid continues: Being in his service longest, I will go to meet him alone. 

 Producing her wry half-smile, she addresses Zyi: Can you vacuum-seal my armor in less than twelve hours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cartergame said:

"Perhaps we should try using the Force to Influence Mr. Z... " Yorik joked unknowningly while striving to lighten the mood.  

He sighed loudly and then stated, "Well, things are about to get truly interesting.  But, then again, perhaps we can turn this into a Win-Win-Win for everyone involved!

"If you truly wish to accompany us, Ancient One, then it would be an honor for us to introduce to you our employer, Mr. Zando.  He is actually much more knowledgeable in the ways of the Force and the Sith than we are and has been the one sending us all over the Galaxy in search of ways to hopefully stop Imo Kul.  I know for a fact that he would consider meeting you, the true originator and teacher in the Ways of the Force his crowning achievement in life.  We'll just be sure to accompany you at all times to make sure that no harm comes to you..."

"This would also be an excellent opportunity for us to all make sure that we're all on the same page regarding doing whatever it takes to stop Lord Insanire, with the Banking Coalition, the representative of the Sith (you, Lady Xirrix), the greatest Force Master in the galaxy, and us... all together in one location where we can work together to come up with an ultimate solution.  What do you guys say? "

Yorik looked at Astrid, Bennar, Shard, and Durrak.  He smiled as they stood there, each person acutely conscious of their own predicament, caught smack dab in the middle of a tangled web of Banking/ Sith/ Force drama that had been centuries in the making.

the creature flashes various colours as if its deliberating something " only if all agree" 

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Lady Xirrix. Our Mr Zando has thus far been fiercely protective of his personal identity, and details beyond the scope of our missions. And I'm afraid my usually competent skills at digging up the past, have revealed little credible intelligence. As a Collector of all things Sith, I presume his activities have not passed unnoticed? Would you be willing to share his dossier with us? Anything you might know, that could shed light on our employer?

Like you, we intend to do the right thing, as best we can. We are on the same page. By association, I would like to think Zando has the best interests of the galaxy in mind, if only for financial reasons..? But I just don't know.

Swallowing her fear, Astrid continues: Being in his service longest, I will go to meet him alone. 

 Producing her wry half-smile, she addresses Zyi: Can you vacuum-seal my armor in less than twelve hours?

the instructions are unfortunately quite clear, you are to soft dock 

 the sith handwaves the darksaber and pats her own " This Zando has a private army, and the Empire has managed to rebuff his collectors" she looks at you with crooked antennae. 

" this one would require permission before handing such information to you, however, we know he bankrolls lots of republic activities... He may be force sensitive or trying to transfer such abilities to himself. That is all this one can say"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, April said:

she looks at you with crooked antennae. 

Astrid winks at the True Sith. And if you have a dossier on me, that would be swell. Have some gaps in my own past I wouldn't mind filling in...

Ancient One. Is your presence here on Tython what.. makes it the way it is? Or are you here, because of the nature of this place? Or perhaps a bit of both?

Edited by Edgehawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Cartergame said:

"Perhaps we should try using the Force to Influence Mr. Z... " Yorik joked unknowningly while striving to lighten the mood.  

He sighed loudly and then stated, "Well, things are about to get truly interesting.  But, then again, perhaps we can turn this into a Win-Win-Win for everyone involved!

"If you truly wish to accompany us, Ancient One, then it would be an honor for us to introduce to you our employer, Mr. Zando.  He is actually much more knowledgeable in the ways of the Force and the Sith than we are and has been the one sending us all over the Galaxy in search of ways to hopefully stop Imo Kul.  I know for a fact that he would consider meeting you, the true originator and teacher in the Ways of the Force his crowning achievement in life.  We'll just be sure to accompany you at all times to make sure that no harm comes to you..."

"This would also be an excellent opportunity for us to all make sure that we're all on the same page regarding doing whatever it takes to stop Lord Insanire, with the Banking Coalition, the representative of the Sith (you, Lady Xirrix), the greatest Force Master in the galaxy, and us... all together in one location where we can work together to come up with an ultimate solution.  What do you guys say? "

Yorik looked at Astrid, Bennar, Shard, and Durrak.  He smiled as they stood there, each person acutely conscious of their own predicament, caught smack dab in the middle of a tangled web of Banking/ Sith/ Force drama that had been centuries in the making.

Sadly i do not use the force in that way. I am sure Astrid will do fine in explaining what is happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jnrschulz said:

Sadly i do not use the force in that way. I am sure Astrid will do fine in explaining what is happening. 

The creature says " oh but I believe you do use it in a pure way, an untainted one.... "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Astrid winks at the True Sith. And if you have a dossier on me, that would be swell. Have some gaps in my own past I wouldn't mind filling in...

Ancient One. Is your presence here on Tython what.. makes it the way it is? Or are you here, because of the nature of this place? Or perhaps a bit of both?

"Tython is home to many ghosts I am but one... Long after I fall, it will continue " 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 6:48 AM, Edgehawk said:

 

Swallowing her fear, Astrid continues: Being in his service longest, I will go to meet him alone. 

 Producing her wry half-smile, she addresses Zyi: Can you vacuum-seal my armor in less than twelve hours?

Well we knew he was going to come or call sooner or later... guess it's that time again. (Jokingly) By all means ladies first if that's what you want, but by this point I have a feeling he knows we are a group so showing up together wouldn't be unusual. After all, part of the reason I was sent was to make sure everyone got out of that mess intact. Well, mostly intact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So. While we're on the subject of swords.. The Kaeli Crystal Sword. Our search has led us here. Can you tell us anything of its current whereabouts? I did not find anything specific in my admittedly brief exploration of the main library. Perhaps I might uncover something relevant here in your private collection? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2017 at 9:27 PM, Edgehawk said:

So. While we're on the subject of swords.. The Kaeli Crystal Sword. Our search has led us here. Can you tell us anything of its current whereabouts? I did not find anything specific in my admittedly brief exploration of the main library. Perhaps I might uncover something relevant here in your private collection? 

" the sword is useless... really some say the crystal sword is a metaphor.. others claim it was fashioned from some staff.  But truly it is a mystery.. If you had met the supposed creator maybe he could have told you something.. but alas this one can not "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, April said:

" the sword is useless... really some say the crystal sword is a metaphor.. others claim it was fashioned from some staff.  But truly it is a mystery.. If you had met the supposed creator maybe he could have told you something.. but alas this one can not "

Perhaps you know where we could find the creator? Or a descendant? If we are lucky maybe the story was passed down through the generations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alas, we have met the great King Floydd, or at least an aspect of him captured within a statue. He was... less helpful than I might have hoped. He did indeed create the crystal staff, which was later manipulated into the sword we seek. The trail would have ended there, but for an.. intangible.. intuition, almost? I am used to relying upon hard data, even if I must extrapolate from it, but this was different... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Edgehawk said:

Alas, we have met the great King Floydd, or at least an aspect of him captured within a statue. He was... less helpful than I might have hoped. He did indeed create the crystal staff, which was later manipulated into the sword we seek. The trail would have ended there, but for an.. intangible.. intuition, almost? I am used to relying upon hard data, even if I must extrapolate from it, but this was different... 

"this one has fear you must go to Korriban to unravel this mystery "

 

upon mention of the sith holy world The Sith Lady goes rigid " I will make arrangements "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, what do you know about Sith Alchemy? And do you take students? No... Haha, no not ne no sir'reee... We got a possible applicant for asylum. Big guy, yup... Likes ice cream apparently... Who knew rancors liked ice cream! Yeah there's that... His rancorianess...

He leans back, against the cave wall perched, waiting for his answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TheShard said:

Ok, what do you know about Sith Alchemy? And do you take students? No... Haha, no not ne no sir'reee... We got a possible applicant for asylum. Big guy, yup... Likes ice cream apparently... Who knew rancors liked ice cream! Yeah there's that... His rancorianess...

He leans back, against the cave wall perched, waiting for his answer.

 

" Sith Alchemy is a perversion of what my race used to do, i can examine whatever you need ?.

|If the creature wishes to stay it can, but it is a hard life here is it prepared? "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, guys.. We have the Ancient One himself, telling us the Sword is "useless" or "a metaphor." I am capable of fixating on a relic, seeking it out, for the sake of seeking it out... It's what I do. But could this be a red skerring? Is this search keeping us from the important tasks we have before us, distracting us from the sure terror we must soon face again, lest we let our enemies escape once more?

We have been gifted these weapons. (Astrid weighs the forcesaber in her hand). And if accepting the saber was a test, did I pass or fail? Time may tell... 

I say we give Korriban a shot. If Lady Xirrix here, can gain us entry, it would be foolish not to discover what we can. And it is not so far from the next stop on our itinerary, after all. Felucia. Will we arrive too late? I wonder if Master Gardener Lindera is still running her Botanical Station there? (Astrid wonders, allowing herself a brief, but fond smile at her recollection of the old Ho'Din Professor). 

We have these weapons in hand. Let us not wander the galaxy in search of another, while worlds fall to ruin. Some who wander are lost. And I tire of running. But are we ready? Am I ready? No.. 

I would like to learn more of these forcesabers. Astrid turns back to the Ancient One. Can you educate us, or should I retire to the library until our audience with Zando? 

Oh! And what do you make of these runes. You may be the only living creature who might remember their use? She procures the pouch of bone shards, given by the Curator at the watch station. I was told that they could "gauge the force." 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yorik agreed with Astrid's assessment.  "If going to Korriban is helpful to ending the threats we face then by all means let us head there after our meeting with Mr. Zando.  In the meantime,  Ancient One, if you'd be willing to train us further in these lightsabers we would greatly appreciate the wisdom of your teachings."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2017 at 11:50 AM, Edgehawk said:

Okay, guys.. We have the Ancient One himself, telling us the Sword is "useless" or "a metaphor." I am capable of fixating on a relic, seeking it out, for the sake of seeking it out... It's what I do. But could this be a red skerring? Is this search keeping us from the important tasks we have before us, distracting us from the sure terror we must soon face again, lest we let our enemies escape once more?

We have been gifted these weapons. (Astrid weighs the forcesaber in her hand). And if accepting the saber was a test, did I pass or fail? Time may tell... 

I say we give Korriban a shot. If Lady Xirrix here, can gain us entry, it would be foolish not to discover what we can. And it is not so far from the next stop on our itinerary, after all. Felucia. Will we arrive too late? I wonder if Master Gardener Lindera is still running her Botanical Station there? (Astrid wonders, allowing herself a brief, but fond smile at her recollection of the old Ho'Din Professor). 

We have these weapons in hand. Let us not wander the galaxy in search of another, while worlds fall to ruin. Some who wander are lost. And I tire of running. But are we ready? Am I ready? No.. 

I would like to learn more of these forcesabers. Astrid turns back to the Ancient One. Can you educate us, or should I retire to the library until our audience with Zando? 

Oh! And what do you make of these runes. You may be the only living creature who might remember their use? She procures the pouch of bone shards, given by the Curator at the watch station. I was told that they could "gauge the force." 

 

 

"I can teach you,  Have you grasped a sword before.... hold the Grip with both hands, one over the other... yes like that....  Feel the kick as it ignites... feel the heat... the energy.. the very air burn with its presence... This is the very beginning... Now close your eyes ... No harm will come to you... You there Mr Yorik could you face her and just tap her blade with your own so The lady may feel the pulse? "

 

" the runes are like a compass they will show you  the way if you throw them in the air.."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to his training with Sar Agorn, Yorick was somewhat familiar with handling  a lightsaber. He began moving through a basic Kata to demonstrate to the others until Astrid threw the runes into the air. He then shifted positions and began following the movements of the runes... carving a trail through the air and illuminating the cave in a cerulean blue glow.

Edited by Cartergame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as the runes dance in the air some glow... you notice several light sided "runes" hover by each of you with the exception of the sith who seems to have an equal number of dark sided...

 

a few seem to drift towards  a certain point Astrid  notices the word "Caution" spelled out in an old dialect...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The runes are like a compass... they will show you the way... if you throw them into the air..? Astrid repeats to herself, softly. This I've gotta see... 

Tossing the scrimshaw shards into the air before her, she stares in incredulity, as the runes flit about, some of them radiating a soft glow from within.

Caution... she reads aloud, frowning slightly.  Caution? Really? I don't need a pouch full of magic bones to tell me that... 

There has to be more to this...  Peering more closely at the runes, trying to sense a pattern to them... Is there a map here to decipher, cautioning us of a more specific threat..? 

Description "Seek" Force Power, focusing on "Caution" Rune
Results 1eF: 1 Dark Side [1eF=DS]
f-ds.png

 

Astrid feels a tangible stirring from within herself, as she tries to puzzle out a deeper intent, from the message in the floating runes...

(Tried and failed to use a partially learned power; I'll take a strain, even though it failed to produce any results. On the off-chance that the dancing rune antics are an illusion, 1 force pip is enough to activate that function of the "Seek" basic power).

....but the only thing she notices is a dark rune shifting closer to her personal space.

(Can Astrid discern any pattern, or a direction, that would indicate a location to exercise the advised caution? Astrogation? Perception)?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

The runes are like a compass... they will show you the way... if you throw them into the air..? Astrid repeats to herself, softly. This I've gotta see... 

Tossing the scrimshaw shards into the air before her, she stares in incredulity, as the runes flit about, some of them radiating a soft glow from within.

Caution... she reads aloud, frowning slightly.  Caution? Really? I don't need a pouch full of magic bones to tell me that... 

There has to be more to this...  Peering more closely at the runes, trying to sense a pattern to them... Is there a map here to decipher, cautioning us of a more specific threat..? 

Description "Seek" Force Power, focusing on "Caution" Rune
Results 1eF: 1 Dark Side [1eF=DS]
f-ds.png

 

Astrid feels a tangible stirring from within herself, as she tries to puzzle out a deeper intent, from the message in the floating runes...

(Tried and failed to use a partially learned power; I'll take a strain, even though it failed to produce any results. On the off-chance that the dancing rune antics are an illusion, 1 force pip is enough to activate that function of the "Seek" basic power).

....but the only thing she notices is a dark rune shifting closer to her personal space.

(Can Astrid discern any pattern, or a direction, that would indicate a location to exercise the advised caution? Astrogation? Perception)?

 

a flash appears and you see a face with just a mouth, it smiles as if it has noticed you...though it is not the acolyte ... but something far more unnerving....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well. That was disturbing... Did anyone else see the visage of a smirking Miraluka, just now? Not the Acolyte, but something... more sinister, still?

Annnd... I'llbeputtingtheseawaynow. Astrid gathers the runes and returns them to their pouch.

Curiouser and curiouser... More disturbed than she cares to admit, at being noticed by the haunting entity in the vision, Astrid focuses on something she can control. Sort of. 

Activating the blade of the forcesaber, it reverberates throughout the chamber. It is like a thing alive in her hands, almost seeming to thrive upon the dark nature of her recent thoughts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Well. That was disturbing... Did anyone else see the visage of a smirking Miraluka, just now? Not the Acolyte, but something... more sinister, still?

Annnd... I'llbeputtingtheseawaynow. Astrid gathers the runes and returns them to their pouch.

Curiouser and curiouser... More disturbed than she cares to admit, at being noticed by the haunting entity in the vision, Astrid focuses on something she can control. Sort of. 

Activating the blade of the forcesaber, it reverberates throughout the chamber. It is like a thing alive in her hands, almost seeming to thrive upon the dark nature of her recent thoughts...

I saw nothing but it does feel colder. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...