April

Alchemical Problems IC RPG thread

Yorik was surprised by the question.  "Isn't it more like a type of Energy?  One that certain organic beings can access and manipulate?  I've been thinking it was some kind of shared awareness or a higher state of consciousness.  Just as we have cells in our bodies that make up organs, organs make up our systems, our systems make us individuals, individuals group into families, families group into villages, villages become cities, cities group into states, states group into nations, and so on and the metaphysical link that bonds us all to each other... I thought that was the Force?

Some beings are better at recognizing and manipulating that kind of energy than others.  Those with more potential were collected and trained and they became either Jedi or Sith?"

Edited by Cartergame

7 minutes ago, Cartergame said:

Yorik was surprised by the question.  "Isn't it more like a type of Energy?  One that certain organic beings can access and manipulate?  I've been thinking it was some kind of shared awareness or a higher state of consciousness.  Just as we have cells in our bodies that make up organs, organs make up our systems, our systems make us individuals, individuals group into families, families group into villages, villages become cities, cities group into states, states group into nations, and so on and the metaphysical link that bonds us all to each other... I thought that was the Force?

Some beings are better at recognizing and manipulating that kind of energy than others.  Those with more potential were collected and trained and they became either Jedi or Sith?"

" You understand... The people in the vicinity think because my race has a calming effect, it is because of some divine power when it is simple chemistry... the creators of this also believed that the Force was the ultimate solution when it is ... is many things, a tool, a guide, a link to the future and past. Do you understand? " It returns the pad  

"Sith took their name for despots... and Jedi... well you all know the tale right? "

as he begins his tale images appear illuminating the cavern... Just like the Sith the Jedi seek to control who and what constitutes the correct way of using the force... but the Jeda'ii were just as stuck in their ways.... Tython had two moons One dark and one light... unlike now where only the one remains

in their attempt to understand they classified the force into three aspects.... Dark, light, and balance... which they called Ashla, Bogan and Bendu... 

Those early disciples of the force walked a road of all aspects seeking to understand the Force completely, each student studying at each temple dedicated to the differing aspects ... Mr Durrak is it?... I feel your dislike of the Jedi and sith... but these people... who were once students of my Race knew not what would happen to their name or their teachings "

several items are floated to each of those present... " This is a forcesaber once a weapon of a Race totally devoted to the dark side, yet now who wields these? ... dark side weapons for guardians of peace no less? ...."

"You may have them if you wish, they are quite functional..."

" should this one continue? "

Astrid reaches out to accept the proffered forcesaber, as though she is indeed a heroine of legend. Somehow it is both heavier, and lighter, than she had anticipated; there is a gravity in the way it settles into her grasp.

Edited by Edgehawk

After seeing Imo Kul wield his lightsaber up close, Yorik knew how deadly a lightsaber could be in the wrong hands.   Maybe in their own hands, these sabers could be wielded as weapons for defense and protection.

He respectfully reached forward and accepted the hilt from the Ancient One. 

Edited by Cartergame

Durrak frowns. "With respect I believe there is more than Jedi and Sith. I am a student of a different tradition. We used the force to protect ourselves after the Jedi left us on a inhospitable planet. There are the Guardians of the Whills,

The Baran Do Sages , The Night sisters and other force users that are neither Jedi or Sith. " 

15 hours ago, jnrschulz said:

Durrak frowns. "With respect I believe there is more than Jedi and Sith. I am a student of a different tradition. We used the force to protect ourselves after the Jedi left us on a inhospitable planet. There are the Guardians of the Whills,

The Baran Do Sages , The Night sisters and other force users that are neither Jedi or Sith. " 

the creature pauses for a few moments " True, But all Seem to claim similar things, that their view is the superior one... Even your people were once Jedi But now who has survived who?

I also never claimed otherwise, But this threat stems from those thoughts.... No body is keeping you here. If you do not wish to listen, then that is also an option "

" I was Neither a Jeda'ii or Sith ... I simply taught there ... well here.... I like this planet "

Edited by April

When viewed through the lens of history, it is hard not to develop a dim view of the myriad Force traditions. All have failed, at times, with dire and far-reaching consequences.

It is up to us as individuals, to set aside petty differences, and team up to do what needs to be done. Because none of us can do this alone- and it needs to be done. Our Lady friend here (indicating Lady Xirrix) is setting the example we should follow. 

Turning back toward the Ancient One: I will not refuse your assistance, should you truly wish to accompany us. I am not so far from the classroom, that I cannot recognize when I need a Teacher.

23 hours ago, April said:

several items are floated to each of those present... " This is a forcesaber once a weapon of a Race totally devoted to the dark side, yet now who wields these? ... dark side weapons for guardians of peace no less? ...."

"You may have them if you wish, they are quite functional..."

Bennar takes hold of the hilt. I've only ever heard of these types of legendary weapons. Pressing the button, SWHHMM, he gives it a gentle swing and notices how right it feels, as if it were simple an extension of his arm.  A deadly extension. Shutting it down, he asks, How have you kept these in such pristine condition through the years? I can't help but feel like if these are gifts from us you may want something in return. Will these be necessary to take down our enemies who are also in tune with the Force? Seems like we might be fighting fire with fire. Is this the "Light" and the "Dark" fighting, balancing each other out? Like Tython's moons, only one side can remain? Balance is all that will be left.

The snap-hiss of her companion's lightsaber startles Astrid from her brief reverie, and the moment is broken. But she swears she could actually sense its presence in her hand, not just its heft, but more an extension of herself. 

These are tools. Weapons. There is no perfect balance, but extremes such as Insanire must be extinguished.

Edited by Edgehawk

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

These are tools. Weapons. There is no perfect balance, but extremes such as Insanire must be extinguished.

Are they just tools though? I had heard tell from the old legends that the lightsaber was more than just a weapon. It was more of a living thing, an extension of the spirit, a servant of the will. If the legends are true then the lightsaber was just as in tune with the force as the user, which in my mind makes it more than just a tool.

No offense... This all seems like cheating anyways. Skills are hard earned. Using the force seems to create inflated egos and self importance. Wouldn't the universe be best served if all the teachings were gone? I'm just playing devoran's advocate here, but seems to me it's like the good guys are here to fight the bad guys who were good guys till they got drunk on power... So like just ex the force outta the equation, now it's just regular people. Not to say we are better but generally not motivated by trying to annihilate the galaxy...

Edited by TheShard

We are Fixers. That is what has brought us together. The Force cannot be removed from the equation, but deviant practitioners and their aberrant creatures and relics? We can fix this. And good for the galaxy, none of us are ambitious enough for galactic domination. For some reason, Astrid's thoughts stray to her enigmatic boss...

Edited by Edgehawk

"I agree with Astrid," Yorik spoke up.  "We can fix this.  And since it is within our power and awareness to do so, I believe that we should fix this.  Shard, as long as there have been sticks and stones, people have been using tools to give themselves an advantage to beat up on each other.  The Force is just another tool that is being wielded to help others achieve their objectives.  It's a powerful tool and fewer people know how to wield it at all much less properly.  But at the end of the day, it's still just a tool.  

"If we can be the ones to learn how to properly wield it, then we can be the Fixers that the galaxy do desperately needs right now."

Yorik looked to each of his companions including Lady Xirrix.  "I trust each of us to be the heroes we need to become regardless of our faults and issues.  I also trust that together, we are stronger.  We've proven this to be true.  First on New Taris, then on Flerbos, and I'm sure for what's to come."

Edited by Cartergame

Zyi watched the team talk. Aye quietly rolled out the backpack and peeked out at the odd creature.

Interesting situation we got ourselves into, all of a sudden were space wizards. I don't know about all that. 

His face crunched up rather skeptically. He thinks about the gifts earlier, I wonder what they where... He hasn't yet looked.

On 7/28/2017 at 1:21 PM, TheGuardian118 said:

Are they just tools though? I had heard tell from the old legends that the lightsaber was more than just a weapon. It was more of a living thing, an extension of the spirit, a servant of the will. If the legends are true then the lightsaber was just as in tune with the force as the user, which in my mind makes it more than just a tool.

These items were created before the Jedi  and sith Weapons... they harness dark energy... But Insanire must fall...

On 7/28/2017 at 6:43 PM, TheShard said:

No offense... This all seems like cheating anyways. Skills are hard earned. Using the force seems to create inflated egos and self importance. Wouldn't the universe be best served if all the teachings were gone? I'm just playing devoran's advocate here, but seems to me it's like the good guys are here to fight the bad guys who were good guys till they got drunk on power... So like just ex the force outta the equation, now it's just regular people. Not to say we are better but generally not motivated by trying to annihilate the galaxy...

perhaps... perhaps... If you want to destroy all the teachings... I would understand... Maybe i would go beyond the rim  and see  other galaxies, if you did so "

On 7/28/2017 at 1:46 PM, jnrschulz said:

Durrak watches his shipmates marvel at the saber. He thinks to himself that it is a impressive weapon but give me a discbalde any day of a rotation. 

you feel that the creature is amused by your reaction as if he believes something quite similar 

both astrid and Bennar's communicators flash... the code is distinctive.... you fear Zando himself wants a report

Sir. Overseer Rssik advised we should expect to hear from you.

Circumstances required offloading the Rancor, which is currently in stable condition... but the creature is now claiming asylum for itself, and the neutral administration here seems inclined to respect it. The knowledge we might uncover in this place is too critical to risk a diplomatic incident at this time, over some monster from a Hutt pit. 

Are you near? Tython is beautiful, and I would very much appreciate a long overdue face-to-face. And here is probably about as safe as any other... 

7 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Sir. Overseer Rssik advised we should expect to hear from you.

Circumstances required offloading the Rancor, which is currently in stable condition... but the creature is now claiming asylum for itself, and the neutral administration here seems inclined to respect it. The knowledge we might uncover in this place is too critical to risk a diplomatic incident at this time, over some monster from a Hutt pit. 

Are you near? Tython is beautiful, and I would very much appreciate a long overdue face-to-face. And here is probably about as safe as any other... 

" my Yacht 12 hours " coordinates follow