Jump to content
April

Alchemical Problems IC RPG thread

Recommended Posts

"Haha!  Retire?  I doubt we'll live that long so no worries, there.  Besides, I think I'd rather fly all over the galaxy with you wild and crazy characters.  We'll run around chasing adventure and glory like some kind of heroes in one of those old holovids..."

"But, for now?  This. "  Yorik shrugged and smiled.  "This is a good moment.  & Why does the vibe creep you out?  Are you so used to us being on the razor's edge that not staring down imminent death is unusual?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Astrid gives him her lopsided smile. 

What makes you so certain we're not staring down imminent death? 

I guess I'm just suspicious of anything that seems too... utopic? Too far outside my personal experience. 

Taking a swig of her beer, she continues.

And I deal in facts, or at least theories or hypotheses... None of which adequately explain what has led us here. I do have a good feeling about this place... but is that just part of the lure, baiting us to this cave? 

I don't appreciate being manipulated. Not by Zando, not by some ancient Acolyte and his maniacal henchman, and not by an unseen force lurking in the deep core, benevolent or otherwise.

Edited by Edgehawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"If we're not staring down and walking down a path of blood then that's a good start!  Doc, you want to talk about this place being too utopian?  It's fantastic!  It's boring, no one is even carrying a weapon!  Not ONE Weapon!  ... I went FISHING for once and didn't get shot, attacked by a monster, or frelling get mind assaulted by zombies of the Insane one who shall not be named."

"Look at Shard and see how well adjusted he is from living in constant life or death situations.  That kind of living takes a toll on you and I can certainly appreciate how growing up in this..." Yorik gestured to the valley below, "This isn't manipulation.  It's just boring homestyle living and it's safe.  There's no pain.  There's no fear.  There's no constant anger and strife at the unfairness of life and the galaxy.  There's just... peace.  So, That's not manipulative as far as I can tell.  

"Now, Mr. Zando, he manipulates in a different way, doesn't he?  With money and/or coercion and threats.  But, he's still nowhere near as devastating as the Sith as far as I can tell or even the Hutts... though he does business with them.  Not happy about it but one war at a time, right?  We've got ours versus Insanis...  and we need to deal with this one first and foremost.

"So, yeah, Doc.  I'll accept this moment right here with you on the edge of this mountain and love every moment of it because I know how fragile this moment is... and how it won't last no matter how long I want it to."  He was quiet for a moment.  "Funny thing... Peace is like that too.  Fragile and too easily broken and we never realize until it's gone just how much it means to us. Like this last swallow from this bottle."

With that, Yorik finished off his bottle and then threw it far out to the side of the mountain so that he and the others could watch it tumble in the crosswinds, catching and reflecting the suns' rays in all directions as it spun into the distance end over end.  It finally landed at the base of the mountain far away from the hunters below but the frightening and foreign sound of shattering glass surprised and alarmed them.

"Yep, that was peace... and just like most times, somebody'll end up goin down there and cleaning it up later.  Or they won't and the glass shards lay there until someone walks over it and gets cut up.  

"It should be me since I made the mess.  Otherwise, if someone else beats me to it then I guess that makes me an even bigger A-hole..."

Edited by Cartergame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(i was hoping worra would turn up but i think it has had enough of a delay)

As you walk through the cave you come to a large cavernous opening there are many lecterns, hollo screens and a single entity floating between them. piles, upon piles of books, slabs are everywhere.

The creature Looks like a Gelatinous creature with several orbs inside...

" so you are here...." the words appear " This one apologises for... Well the people who gather here, It has tried to convince them to not gather... But The books are Enjoyable. "

" I will not enter your mind, Your thoughts are your own "

 

you notice it continues to flit between the lecterns, screens, and slabs   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, April said:

" I will not enter your mind, Your thoughts are your own "

Uh.. Thanks, I guess.

 

2 hours ago, April said:

you notice it continues to flit between the lecterns, screens, and slabs   

May I inquire what it is you do here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Uh.. Thanks, I guess.

 

May I inquire what it is you do here?

 

" it seems those who call themselves My followers have invaded your mind yes?.... I would not presume to do so without permission " 

 

" Ponder life?... I simply came here to read. But Once I was a teacher Within the First of the Jed'aii Temples. Now... Now that teaching is distorted and twisted... But You come again for answers... the Circles returns "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A teacher Within the First of the Jed'aii Temples?! 

You have had much time, indeed, for pondering and reading. All teachings become distorted and twisted by the ravages of time. Jed'aii, Sith, Jedi. All have been subverted by individuals who followed a different vision of the path. Sects can evolve to become nigh unrecognizable from their origins. Sometimes such change is good. And sometimes, something emerges that is so distorted and twisted, that all paths must converge to stop it. That is what brings us here today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yorik spoke and thought aloud, "Ancient One, it is an honor to meet you.   My previous teacher was Sar Agorn,  whom I believe you taught.  Unfortunately, he was recently taken by one who has twisted and perverted your teachings, Lord Insanire.  He now threatens the entire galaxy and we have come to learn more about how stop him with your assistance, sir.

I am also happy to share my mind so that you may see from our experiences all that has transpired."

 

Edited by Cartergame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

" sar Agorn... It did take that one some time to realise the truth of the universe....  You Are aware you are Here for the second time yes?...Even The Sith Woman.... Lord Insanire... He has returned?... troubling  You swore he was defeated..."

 

you notice it stops reading and floats directly in front of you all.... " time to begin.... "

( (okay everybody chooses a single low-level force power))

" In the Begining of the Universe Before the Gree, Before the Infinite, Two great races  Evolved... my race the Dai'i... and another who became known as the Hungry ones or Consumers ... One wanted to understand and be one with all... the other wanted to feed, to spread hatred... My race was Ill prepared for war... Sadly I am the last..... As is A being You call Kull.... Insanire was his Host.... However, the host became the master ... And the Virus became....  Well as you have met "

" One Cannot be slain without the other... Insanires race.... well  Only one can exist in a universe without massive problems... Another exists Hence his return  from his prison... Convincing one to kill the other Won't be that hard.... But Kull must fall. drive the Crystal weapon into any host then.... Bring it to me.... Ill deposit him somewhere between realities .. he will be trapped.. 

Sar took responsibility for Kull didn't he? The fool.... Balance is not always the way...  Foolish Creature... "

(if anybody gets this reference they get the party ten xp)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you mean The Light Side and The Dark Side of the Force?

(And since Yorik has been working on Telepathy and mind awareness with Sar Agorn since they first met he'll choose Force Sense...)

Edited by Cartergame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Obi wan to Anakin?)

 

Balence is always by perspective... Good and bad balance, or bad is the product of imbalance... Curious to hear your position Ms. SITH... 

He flings a glance over at their ally.

So thank you for the info and history, much appreciated... But why hide yourself here, isolated study didn't seem the best way to know anything, you get an idea sure... But the universe actual, often a gap between the idea and the actual, why not join us? Why not put your ideas, what you've learned out in the world subject them to experimentation and testing. Maybe the galaxy needed your ideas. It seems a shame to spend all of that time just for self or a kept to a single planet. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Cartergame said:

Do you mean The Light Side and The Dark Side of the Force?

(And since Yorik has been working on Telepathy and mind awareness with Sar Agorn since they first met he'll choose Force Sense...)

"The force is not good or bad... it simply is"

 

18 hours ago, TheShard said:

(Obi wan to Anakin?)

 

Balence is always by perspective... Good and bad balance, or bad is the product of imbalance... Curious to hear your position Ms. SITH... 

He flings a glance over at their ally.

So thank you for the info and history, much appreciated... But why hide yourself here, isolated study didn't seem the best way to know anything, you get an idea sure... But the universe actual, often a gap between the idea and the actual, why not join us? Why not put your ideas, what you've learned out in the world subject them to experimentation and testing. Maybe the galaxy needed your ideas. It seems a shame to spend all of that time just for self or a kept to a single planet. 

 

 

" The force is a tool, " she replies

( nope its from a sifi book from the 50's)

" And fight? .... Mr Shard?.... You fought every day in your life have you not? "

" People use the force in different ways... I met one group of individuals who used it to grow food, others to enslave... My students sought to control an untamable river... My teachings unheard ... But If you want, and there is a complete consensus I will join... Perhaps It would be best to teach in the field so to speak " 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2017 at 10:10 AM, April said:

You Are aware you are Here for the second time yes?

You are not the first to suggest this, but I fear it is beyond my powers of recollection. Astrid recalls the painting the Curator had shown her at the library. The resemblance is not mine alone, but indeed that of my companions, as well... Please explain, if you will? "The Circle returns?" Sure. It is commonly found in mythology and folklore throughout the galaxy. But me? Us? I am sooo chrono-scanning that painting...

Also. There is a relief at the Monastery. Tell us about the Orb.

And as for joining us? Why all the cryptic invitations, hidden in these books you send out, if you do not need to remain here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:27 AM, April said:

 But If you want, and there is a complete consensus I will join... Perhaps It would be best to teach in the field so to speak " 

Ohhh boy, we're making tons of friends here that aren't exactly....well in the same physical form that we typically associate beings with. Say, how well do you know Sar Aragon? Also, just since I'm new to this whole non-physical beings talking, are you more a holocron, which is to say, an highly advanced, well for lack of a better word, artificial intelligence. Something that was once a sentient being, but has now been recorded in a way that can interact with the world to pass on information in an extremely lifelike way after your original body has passed on? It would explain why he hasn't left the cave. No one found his "Holocron" source and moved him...not sure I understand force ghosts and what not if those are real, but he could be a useful ally whether ghost or teaching computer.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TheGuardian118 said:

Ohhh boy, we're making tons of friends here that aren't exactly....well in the same physical form that we typically associate beings with. Say, how well do you know Sar Aragon? Also, just since I'm new to this whole non-physical beings talking, are you more a holocron, which is to say, an highly advanced, well for lack of a better word, artificial intelligence. Something that was once a sentient being, but has now been recorded in a way that can interact with the world to pass on information in an extremely lifelike way after your original body has passed on? It would explain why he hasn't left the cave. No one found his "Holocron" source and moved him...not sure I understand force ghosts and what not if those are real, but he could be a useful ally whether ghost or teaching computer.  

" touch .. you will see as this matter is as real as yourself... just because this one does not exist as you do, it must be a ghost? "

If you do touch it its like touching a slightly wet bag of goop . If you push it reacts by constricting and hardening 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-7-17 at 1:37 PM, Edgehawk said:

You are not the first to suggest this, but I fear it is beyond my powers of recollection. Astrid recalls the painting the Curator had shown her at the library. The resemblance is not mine alone, but indeed that of my companions, as well... Please explain, if you will? "The Circle returns?" Sure. It is commonly found in mythology and folklore throughout the galaxy. But me? Us? I am sooo chrono-scanning that painting...

Also. There is a relief at the Monastery. Tell us about the Orb.

And as for joining us? Why all the cryptic invitations, hidden in these books you send out, if you do not need to remain here?

" what happens before happens again.. you looked slightly different, and had different names...but you were here before."

It continues

"You mean the colour dots? Did you not see what you wanted?, guidance in a time of uncertainty? "..it laughs slightly " if you were the last of your kind would you not try to find a way to return your people?... these books... are data for the lack of a better word so perhaps one day my race may return.."

" The Orb ? ..." it asks confused...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2017 at 11:30 AM, April said:

The monastery is quite interesting..  it contains a stylistic relief of several beings leaving the conflict of the force wars.. going towards the mountains then creating this place... it's odd a strange orb is pictured ..... it seems to be something important... but what?

I was hoping you might be familiar with this artwork from the Library? Astrid draws her datapad from a satchel, and produces the image she had captured. I am afraid that I was very much like a youngling in a nommi shop, and distracted by another work, but something about it... seemed curious? Seeing you, here, brought it to mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yorik stepped forward to touch the ancient being simply out of respect.  "For what it's worth, Ancient One, Sar Agorn was an excellent teacher to me and Durrak while he was with us.  In fact, that is in large part why we've come here.  We seek to rescue him from Imo Kul/ Insanire as well as end their insane threat.  We would welcome your presence to accompany us and help us in that regard and I know that we would all benefit from your wisdom and any protection that you could provide when it comes to dealing with these Force threats of which we are in large part, unaware."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2017 at 11:00 AM, Edgehawk said:

I was hoping you might be familiar with this artwork from the Library? Astrid draws her datapad from a satchel, and produces the image she had captured. I am afraid that I was very much like a youngling in a nommi shop, and distracted by another work, but something about it... seemed curious? Seeing you, here, brought it to mind.

the ancient one asks " may i take this for a moment? "

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Sincerely sorry!  I've 2 good friends dealing with sickness right now so I completely understand... I just didn't want us to lose our passion for this game as others start up and let this retire)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...