Jump to content
April

Alchemical Problems IC RPG thread

Recommended Posts

"Are you frellin' kidding me?" Yorik asked aloud and momentarily stunned and concerned as he watched the ship land.  Shard's gonna start something sooner rather than later now so we better hurry and get back to the ship before poo doo goes down.  

"Maybe we'll get lucky and it will be Lady Xillik come back to say Thanks for saving her life...  But, then again.  When have we been lucky?"  He grinned at Astrid and Durrak and then walked over to greet the aliens.

"Bah Weep Grana Weep Nini Bon, friends!  We seek an audience with the Ancient One and we hope you'll be willing to point the way..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, April said:

Spy-d beeps in acknowledge. As you walk up you see a sheer surface. Ahead of you  several ropes , an anti gravity Elevator  are there, also are a group of aliens around a fire cooking some hunters stew.

In the distance you see a Sith Ship land... it seems you are not alone.

The aroma of the stew reminds Astrid that she has not eaten a truly enjoyable meal in some time. Despite the holo-ads, one cannot subsist entirely upon adventure and beer...

Astrid watches the ship land in the distance. Lady Xirrix? Others? Neutral ground, of a sort, at least. All bets are off, if we're after the same thing? Or perhaps we truly have been drawn here with a common purpose? I'm not going to count on that, just yet...

Looking past the encampment, toward the sheer face beyond, Astrid spies the fixed ropes and elevator. Those could speed things up. But we're definitely not the first ones in... 

So, Yorik.. What's in the cave?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yorik looked back at Astrid and answered, "Wisdom?  Knowledge?  The Answers to all of our problems?  He or She's up there... The Ancient One!  Hopefully, it's the One with answers and the One who can give us guidance that we desperately need..." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Cartergame said:

Maybe we'll get lucky and it will be Lady Xillik come back to say Thanks for saving her life...  

Bennar, You gave the nice Sith Lady her.. appendage back, right? 

 

21 minutes ago, Cartergame said:

We seek an audience with the Ancient One

My friend seeks an audience- I just want some of that stew!

 

3 minutes ago, Cartergame said:

The Ancient One!  Hopefully, it's the One with answers and the One who can give us guidance that we desperately need..

...and not the One-whose-name-must-not-be-spoken... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Bennar, You gave the nice Sith Lady her.. appendage back, right? 

 

My friend seeks an audience- I just want some of that stew!

 

...and not the One-whose-name-must-not-be-spoken... 

He points upwards " you may choose the lift or the rope ..." 

 

The hunters get a bowl and portion you out some " Here you go "  it's a hearty vegetable stew with some kind of Avian meat it is slightly sour but also savoury 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, April said:

The hunters get a bowl and portion you out some " Here you go "  it's a hearty vegetable stew with some kind of Avian meat it is slightly sour but also savoury 

Thank you, I appreciate it. 

Astrid rummages through her utility belt for something suitable to trade, and hands the hunter a tube of fire paste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Thank you, I appreciate it. 

Astrid rummages through her utility belt for something suitable to trade, and hands the hunter a tube of fire paste.

" no mam' its duty of everyone to share... "

You notice a yellow robed creature  walk up to the hunters, then pass over two prepared creatures

" a'rifht Hastur"  says one of the other hunters

He promptly explodes covering the newcomer and the other hunters in Gore...

" Awwww Dennis not again!! ....putting people back to get her isn't my day job you know!" .the yellow robed entity starts gathering the pieces.... 

Nobody reacts 

Edited by April

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Whatthefrak?!? Astrid cries, ducking and covering. Noting a lack of response from the others: Umm..? (Xenology check, maybe, for a clue as to wtf just happened?) I hope it wasn't something in the stew...

" Best to ignore it. " says one of the hunters 

The yellow robed entity turns " look there's like this Nemetic virus. If you say my name you die. Dennis thinks its funny to make me fix him constantly..  I can but you know I rather not ... his species well it regrows itself I just speed up the process "

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yorik filed the name away to be sure and never repeat it.  

"Wow.  I don't believe I've ever heard of a Nemetic Virus.  Hopefully,it's not contagious?

"Also, is there a difference between the lift or the ropes?  Is that some kind of Test?  To choose?

"And thanks for the stew...  "  Yorik pulls out a long coil of synthrope to offer in trade.  

"Here's some Synthrope, 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cartergame said:

Yorik filed the name away to be sure and never repeat it.  

"Wow.  I don't believe I've ever heard of a Nemetic Virus.  Hopefully,it's not contagious?

"Also, is there a difference between the lift or the ropes?  Is that some kind of Test?  To choose?

"And thanks for the stew...  "  Yorik pulls out a long coil of synthrope to offer in trade.  

"Here's some Synthrope, 

 

" it's not Don't worry, " says the yellow-robed man   "

the hunters look at each other

"We can't say, If it is a test it could alter your actions, couldn't it? "

 

Edited by April

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Of course..." Yorik smiled and then sighed.  "Well, don't know about you guys but I guess I can use the workout.  If you're not concerned about Testing, go ahead and take the Lift and I'll see you at the top.  Especially, if you're concerned about the Sith beating us there."

Yorik stretched his arms and back and then thanked the hunters gathered around the fire before taking one of the ropes in hand and beginning his long climb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worra nods to Esh. "Kill you? What do you think the galaxy has devolved to? No, the Empire and its might are no more. In a Republic, you stand trial for your crimes."

Worra draws a pair of binders and slaps them on the traitor. "You are under arrest for crimes committed against the free peoples of the New Taris System and the Galactic Republic. You will stand trial for your crimes in front of a jury of your peers. If they find you guilty, you can and will be punished to the fullest extent of the law."

[Assuming he doesn't resist further, I'll take him to my speeder and meet up with the Hind. I'll also contact a Sector Ranger to pick up him. I don't want to lug him around Tython with me if I don't have to]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hand-over-hand? I'll take the lift, tough guy. I'll be in a better position to rescue you, when you pump-out halfway up. Astrid's tone is light, but she's only half joking. That's definitely doing it the hard way...

The ascent to access the cave could be the easy part; I'll save my strength. 

Seeing Spy-D approach, Astrid advises Yorik: At least let me fashion a harness for you, and a friction hitch, just in case?

Thanks, Spy-D, you're just in time. Stretching out a length of webbing, Astrid begins passing it around a reluctant Yorik, careful not to get too friendly. Securing it around his waist and creating independent leg loops, she connects the components with a locking 'biner and readies a prusik loop. I'd hate for you to fall to your death, trying to impress a woman you can't have. 

Spy-D, I'm happy to have you along, if you fancy some caving?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"YET", Yorik added with a wicked grin.  "Never say never, doc.  But, if I go now then at least we can say that you tied me up and you knew I enjoyed it.  Since we're in the moment, my safe word is Spelunking." He winked.

"In all seriousness, I do sincerely appreciate the concern and the care you're giving me.  Besides, with this rig you've set up I can now use my legs so it's really more just like climbing up a really long ladder.  A really, really long, tall ladder," He said looking up at the cliff wall.

"Thanks for everything, in fact.  With everything that's happened to us so far, I want you to know I appreciate everything you've done for the team and for me.  You're an awesome person and I'm glad you're here with us."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2017 at 2:23 PM, April said:

" Like yourself, I came because I was called "

Of course, mind joining me back on my ship? I think we may have some business to discuss. Excuse me for a quick moment, I'll be right back. (I'm assuming since he is on the most wanted list we'd want to try to arrest him. I'm hoping to time it that we arrive at the same time Worra makes it back so I have a more "Official" partner to help if necessary.)

9 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Bennar, You gave the nice Sith Lady her.. appendage back, right?

Stepping away from the table, Bennar whispers into his comlink. I left it in the medbay, but made sure she knew where it was and that she was free to retrieve it at any time when she was ready to leave. I noticed it was gone shortly after she left so I assumed she took it. We would need to check any video footage of the medbay to be sure. Also, Worra, I have someone here who may be of interest to a mutual friend and may need some help...bringing him in per say. If you can't reply verbally give me one click for no and two for yes if you'll be heading back to the ship soon. I'd like to time our arrival together. (I'm assuming everyone kept their comlinks handy and discreet)

Returning to the table, Bennar makes some small talk with the target before motioning to leave.  Would you like to return to my ship with me? If not, how should I get back in touch with you to continue our business? My friends are ready for some more sightseeing so I am short on time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm.. This rig is really just a backup,  but here... Astrid removes a foot ascender from her kit, essentially a small adjustable harness, with a rope-grab secured to the instep.

There. Now you can use a leg.

You don't need to thank me. I'm paid quite well to endure your hypersensitive drivel.. but thanks. You're not so bad yourself. And strangely enough, there's nowhere I'd rather be. Famous last words... 

Huh? Sounds like Bennar and Worra are really laying down the law.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"That's true for both of us.  :-)  

"And yeah, Bennar and Worra are making things tense down there with a Sith ship adding to the chaos just in case we get too complacent.  

"If we're lucky, then the truce is still in effect.  If we're not, well...  One mountain at a time, right?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, aclarkbr90 said:

Worra nods to Esh. "Kill you? What do you think the galaxy has devolved to? No, the Empire and its might are no more. In a Republic, you stand trial for your crimes."

Worra draws a pair of binders and slaps them on the traitor. "You are under arrest for crimes committed against the free peoples of the New Taris System and the Galactic Republic. You will stand trial for your crimes in front of a jury of your peers. If they find you guilty, you can and will be punished to the fullest extent of the law."

[Assuming he doesn't resist further, I'll take him to my speeder and meet up with the Hind. I'll also contact a Sector Ranger to pick up him. I don't want to lug him around Tython with me if I don't have to]

" I've already been acquitted by your 'republic' or did that tin badge mean you stopped studying events? "

" Ill not go with you, I have maybe days..  your a guest here, and this world technically is still independent. "

A few villagers look but do nothing, it seems it may be another test.

9 hours ago, TheGuardian118 said:

Of course, mind joining me back on my ship? I think we may have some business to discuss. Excuse me for a quick moment, I'll be right back. (I'm assuming since he is on the most wanted list we'd want to try to arrest him. I'm hoping to time it that we arrive at the same time Worra makes it back so I have a more "Official" partner to help if necessary.)

Stepping away from the table, Bennar whispers into his comlink. I left it in the medbay, but made sure she knew where it was and that she was free to retrieve it at any time when she was ready to leave. I noticed it was gone shortly after she left so I assumed she took it. We would need to check any video footage of the medbay to be sure. Also, Worra, I have someone here who may be of interest to a mutual friend and may need some help...bringing him in per say. If you can't reply verbally give me one click for no and two for yes if you'll be heading back to the ship soon. I'd like to time our arrival together. (I'm assuming everyone kept their comlinks handy and discreet)

Returning to the table, Bennar makes some small talk with the target before motioning to leave.  Would you like to return to my ship with me? If not, how should I get back in touch with you to continue our business? My friends are ready for some more sightseeing so I am short on time. 

" Eh I don't see why not! Free hooch is free hooch  right!" He stands and is over a meter taller than you. 

 

You notice the Sith lady arrive and she waggles her antenna in greeting  to both Worra, and Bennar. She is unnamed but has a med splint covering her arm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Hand-over-hand? I'll take the lift, tough guy. I'll be in a better position to rescue you, when you pump-out halfway up. Astrid's tone is light, but she's only half joking. That's definitely doing it the hard way...

The ascent to access the cave could be the easy part; I'll save my strength. 

Seeing Spy-D approach, Astrid advises Yorik: At least let me fashion a harness for you, and a friction hitch, just in case?

Thanks, Spy-D, you're just in time. Stretching out a length of webbing, Astrid begins passing it around a reluctant Yorik, careful not to get too friendly. Securing it around his waist and creating independent leg loops, she connects the components with a locking 'biner and readies a prusik loop. I'd hate for you to fall to your death, trying to impress a woman you can't have. 

Spy-D, I'm happy to have you along, if you fancy some caving?

Spy-d chirps in joy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking up from the base of the cliff, Astrid reassesses the potential climb. What had appeared to be a featureless face, from the camp, now revealed previously hidden weaknesses, narrow cracks, small protrusions jutting out... even a rest, where she could bar her knee, and shake her arms out... Could I... 

Blecchh?!  Astrid brushes another piece of that joker Dennis from her brow, as she gazes upward. Giving it a closer look... I might give it a go, after all. Ascending a rope is grueling work, but climbing rock is fun! 

(Does Astrid spy a line she thinks she might be able to manage? If so, could I make an argument for a Coordination-based Climbing check? More finesse and economy of movement, than brute strength?)  @April

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

Looking up from the base of the cliff, Astrid reassesses the potential climb. What had appeared to be a featureless face, from the camp, now revealed previously hidden weaknesses, narrow cracks, small protrusions jutting out... even a rest, where she could bar her knee, and shake her arms out... Could I... 

Blecchh?!  Astrid brushes another piece of that joker Dennis from her brow, as she gazes upward. Giving it a closer look... I might give it a go, after all. Ascending a rope is grueling work, but climbing rock is fun! 

(Does Astrid spy a line she thinks she might be able to manage? If so, could I make an argument for a Coordination-based Climbing check? More finesse and economy of movement, than brute strength?)  @April

You can there's plenty of holds you could make the climb with 

Coordination seems fine 3purples 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appraising the wall looming above, Astrid makes her decision. Snapping her chest ascender into the integrated attachment points of her Mountaineer Armor, she inserts the rope nearest her route, closing and locking the system. This will arrest any falls, if I do slip... 

Spy-D. Climb the rock or the rope as you see fit, but I'm going to clip you in for safety, just in case. Securing a back-up tether for her faithful droid companion, she fastens her helmet, and turns to Yorik.

Race you! Astrid has no real intention of racing Yorik. She enjoys being in the moment of the climb too much, but smiles at his earnest burst of energy as he throws himself into the climb.

Reaching up to find purchase on her first handholds, Astrid begins her own climb adjacent to him, at a fairly consistent pace. Breathe. 

 

DescriptionClimbing Check (Coordination)Results3eA+2eB+3eD: 2 successes, 1 threat [3eA=S, S/A, -] [2eB=-, -] [3eD=Th, -, Th]
a-s.pnga-s-a.pnga--.pngb--.pngb--.pngd-th.pngd--.pngd-th.png

 

Relying upon her stronger leg muscles as much as possible, Astrid climbs to the unseen crux, where she must violate her self-imposed 3-points-of-contact rule. Lunging for the next available hold, just out of reach... it crumbles, dislodging a chossy fist-sized rock... Roooccckk!!! Astrid shouts, knowing it could bounce toward anyone climbing near her, or observing from below. 

Scrabbling, she is able to cling to the remaining ledge, and get her feet up to better holds. Worried, she looks down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...