Jump to content
April

Alchemical Problems IC RPG thread

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Cartergame said:

"There's always time enough for fishing," Yorik  smiled. He was amused by the thought of taking a moment to relax and just fish after everything that had happened in their lives recently. 

"Fishing always reminds me of my uncle Teyd.  We would get up early before the Suns rose on Dantooine and then head out to the lake by first light. We would actually  go out on the boat onto the lake.  It was just a little skiff really and we would catch these 3 ft long mirrogoos.

"My first couple of times out on the water I wasn't much bigger than they were and they pulled me out of the boat several times and my uncle would just laugh.  

"I did too after I realized that they weren't going to eat me..."  Yorik smiled nostalgically

Durrak observed Yorik and the child fishing. "We did not fish when I was younger. What live in the water in Yannibar was either poisonous or attacking you.  Show me how it is done. "

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jnrschulz said:

Durrak observed Yorik and the child fishing. "We did not fish when I was younger. What live in the water in Yannibar was either poisonous or attacking you.  Show me how it is done. "

 

The child hands both of you rods with some bait....after a few moments you can hear a soft song....." The Songfish..... soft voiced  but very aggressive.. an invasive species. It's why we fish here.. "

Both of you pick it up fairly quickly ... and catch a few each the child asks you both " do you want to catch the largest fish here...? "

 

@aclarkbr90 as you strolled through the village you notice a member of your race, he's vilified on your home planet for basically allowing the empire to enforce draconian laws, while acquitted under republican law, he's still wanted for trial on your home planet (you know it will be a show trial, and you know he will likely end up dead), yet your duty as a Marshal requires you to uphold the republic courts decision on his innocence. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Both excellent answers... but why me?

Because I am here. 

Very well. I shall open the Tome. And hope that I am equal to the task. For it must be done.

If there is any chance I can glean some useful information, obtain positive results, by exposing myself to this grimoire- then I must.

The Curator shows you to a alcove where the book is located 

" be mindful," he notes.. "there are some gloves for you... "

(Okay this book freaks you out, it smells of death, and you get a very odd feeling Zando would use his entire security force just to possess it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Thank you. I think... 

Astrid braces herself, and opens the Tome, not unlike one might open a tomb. Just touching it makes her skin crawl, even through the thin gloves, but she begins to read nonetheless.

 

You find as you open it are listed various rituals.. some have notes on the page, some don't... the languages used are esoteric, but you get the jist you could replicate most of them.

Of note are

Summoning the Lord of .... Unholy something (give me a 3purple dice roll on research /languages)

Creating Dark Side parasites

Using Dark pathways 

Portal to the Deathland? 

Some creatures are listed.. one looks very like the Acolyte of screaming

The Author itself seems to have included some way of conversing with it, however you get the feeling it requires a life.

 

 

(Take 2 strain) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious, Yorik asked, "The largest fish?  What kind of fish would that be in this water? Hah, I'm sure he didn't get to be the largest by being foolish.  

"But sure, if we're catching for fun then we can just catch & then release him afterward."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Astrid reads to herself, afraid to utter the words aloud. Summoning the lord of... Unholy... something..? Faltering on the ancient language, Astrid pulls out her true weapons: her datapad, and Holo V translator. No.. that's not quite right.. more... yes, I think.... Wow..?

Roller Edgehawk
Character Astrid
Campaign Alchemical Problems
Description Language/lore+translator
Results 2eA+2eP+3eB+3eD1 success, 4 advantage [2eA=S, A/A] [2eP=A/A, S/S] [3eB=-, -, A/A] [3eD=F/Th, F, Th]
a-s.pnga-a-a.pngp-a-a.pngp-s-s.pngb--.pngb--.pngb-a-a.pngd-f-th.pngd-f.pngd-th.png

(I'll take the strain, and use the Advantages to discover as much as I am able: clues to "undoing" creatures and parasites, particularly ones who can jump hosts, like Kull; how to close a portal to the Deathland; could we utilize dark pathways to locate our enemies, or block them to deprive their use?)

Edited by Edgehawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worra takes a moment to search his datapad for a standing warrant on the Dorian. He then cautiously approaches the renegade, with his holosuit adjusted to casual attire. "It's strange to see a fellow Dorian this far into the core," Worra says. "The name is Worra, Worra Kokru." Worra extended his hand in greeting, though he knew he had to consider his next steps carefully.

Edited by aclarkbr90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Cartergame said:

Curious, Yorik asked, "The largest fish?  What kind of fish would that be in this water? Hah, I'm sure he didn't get to be the largest by being foolish.  

"But sure, if we're catching for fun then we can just catch & then release him afterward."

Yes going after the largest fish seems um fun. Let us do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/07/2017 at 2:24 PM, Cartergame said:

Curious, Yorik asked, "The largest fish?  What kind of fish would that be in this water? Hah, I'm sure he didn't get to be the largest by being foolish.  

"But sure, if we're catching for fun then we can just catch & then release him afterward."

"It is down in the valley. They call it El Blanco."

 

On 03/07/2017 at 0:06 PM, Cartergame said:

Yorik was curious about the Songfish as well.  

"By the way, these Songfish... What kind of song do they sing?  I don't believe that I've ever heard a fish sing before..."

 

The boy  puts his hand to his lips and the water becomes still a small musical tune that is both calming  yet also erie is then followed  by the song fish jumping then pouncing on the other fish within..

On 02/07/2017 at 3:14 PM, Edgehawk said:

Astrid reads to herself, afraid to utter the words aloud. Summoning the lord of... Unholy... something..? Faltering on the ancient language, Astrid pulls out her true weapons: her datapad, and Holo V translator. No.. that's not quite right.. more... yes, I think.... Wow..?

Roller Edgehawk
Character Astrid
Campaign Alchemical Problems
Description Language/lore+translator
Results 2eA+2eP+3eB+3eD1 success, 4 advantage [2eA=S, A/A] [2eP=A/A, S/S] [3eB=-, -, A/A] [3eD=F/Th, F, Th]
a-s.pnga-a-a.pngp-a-a.pngp-s-s.pngb--.pngb--.pngb-a-a.pngd-f-th.pngd-f.pngd-th.png

(I'll take the strain, and use the Advantages to discover as much as I am able: clues to "undoing" creatures and parasites, particularly ones who can jump hosts, like Kull; how to close a portal to the Deathland; could we utilize dark pathways to locate our enemies, or block them to deprive their use?)

The words in the book swirl " It is nice to be understood." .. Undooing  creatures  just involve  killing the creator, and lots of fire..with added fire.

Closing the portal  requires  a sacrifice. Though it claims if done correctly  you should kill the person who opened  it.

Regarding Kull half the page is torn, it says " Find the Mutagenisis Queen ....then offer, Tribute in the form of......"

On 02/07/2017 at 3:32 PM, aclarkbr90 said:

Worra takes a moment to search his datapad for a standing warrant on the Dorian. He then cautiously approaches the renegade, with his holosuit adjusted to casual attire. "It's strange to see a fellow Dorian this far into the core," Worra says. "The name is Worra, Worra Kokru." Worra extended his hand in greeting, though he knew he had to consider his next steps carefully.

The Dorian breathes  hard  it's voice raspy  " Zrathiathak  Ilsh" it is obviously  not his real name which is " Venhar Esh " his hand shakes as he offers it leaning on his cane.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, April said:

The words in the book swirl " It is nice to be understood."

Astrid shudders involuntarily, in awe of the cooperative manuscript, despite the Dark materials contained within. Kill it with fire! I can't wait to tell Yorik we're getting flamethrowers...

Sacrifice.. not crazy about the word choice, here, but if we can manage to turn this Portal upon the evil that opened it..? 

Turning the pages carefully, she scowls at the (recently?) torn page, though she had been questioning the tome's very existence. Mutagenesis Queen... Tribute...

Can I actually communicate with this book? Does it truly possess a sentience of its own? If it does, should I be appalled or amazed..? 

Examining the ripped page, Astrid tentatively addresses the tome itself:

Who did this to you, and how long ago was it torn from your binding? Can you divulge the contents of the missing text? 

Feeling a bit silly, Astrid pauses to allow the tome an opportunity to respond...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yorik mused... "El Blanco... The White One.   Well, that definitely sounds like a challenge if he's been named.  But, I believe that I must first pay my respects to the Ancient One here and discuss the reasons why we've come to this planet in the first place.  Perhaps, if the Ancient One fishes I'll ask him to join us after my meeting.  Can you tell me anything about him before my encounter?  What is he like?"   

Then, leaning back to speak around the youth, Yorik added, "Also, congrats, Durrak, on making the effort!  Don't think that we haven't noticed you doing your part and we're proud of you for taking time to enjoy being part of the team. :)"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Tell me, Zranthiathak, what brought you to this planet? What brought a Kel Dor to Tython, of all places?  And to retire, now that's a strange thought."

Worra had no intention of showing true kindness to a former Imperial minion and profiteer, though he saw no need to skip past pleasantries, particularly if they yielded information. [Can I attempt a charm check?]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cartergame said:

Yorik mused... "El Blanco... The White One.   Well, that definitely sounds like a challenge if he's been named.  But, I believe that I must first pay my respects to the Ancient One here and discuss the reasons why we've come to this planet in the first place.  Perhaps, if the Ancient One fishes I'll ask him to join us after my meeting.  Can you tell me anything about him before my encounter?  What is he like?"   

Then, leaning back to speak around the youth, Yorik added, "Also, congrats, Durrak, on making the effort!  Don't think that we haven't noticed you doing your part and we're proud of you for taking time to enjoy being part of the team. :)"

 

"Figured I would give it a shot."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2017 at 11:30 AM, April said:

Bennar notices a man who is one of Zandos most wanted.. he is laughing with friends...he even notices That he is being observed and waves Bennar over preparing him a beverage

 

 

Bennar heads over to the man and joins the group. Why hello there sir. Thanks for the drink. What brings you to this world? Bennar adds with a chuckle, I doubt it was the fishing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2017 at 10:56 AM, Edgehawk said:

Astrid shudders involuntarily, in awe of the cooperative manuscript, despite the Dark materials contained within. Kill it with fire! I can't wait to tell Yorik we're getting flamethrowers...

Sacrifice.. not crazy about the word choice, here, but if we can manage to turn this Portal upon the evil that opened it..? 

Turning the pages carefully, she scowls at the (recently?) torn page, though she had been questioning the tome's very existence. Mutagenesis Queen... Tribute...

Can I actually communicate with this book? Does it truly possess a sentience of its own? If it does, should I be appalled or amazed..? 

Examining the ripped page, Astrid tentatively addresses the tome itself:

Who did this to you, and how long ago was it torn from your binding? Can you divulge the contents of the missing text? 

Feeling a bit silly, Astrid pauses to allow the tome an opportunity to respond...

 

 

( you get the feeling the page was damaged some time ago) ... the book understands it's being read.. other than that you don't know.

It does not answer.

14 hours ago, aclarkbr90 said:

"Tell me, Zranthiathak, what brought you to this planet? What brought a Kel Dor to Tython, of all places?  And to retire, now that's a strange thought."

Worra had no intention of showing true kindness to a former Imperial minion and profiteer, though he saw no need to skip past pleasantries, particularly if they yielded information. [Can I attempt a charm check?]

you can 4 purples

he says " Well, things were difficult where I once lived. But i can teach here.. it is nice, The sun shines...  "

22 hours ago, Cartergame said:

Yorik mused... "El Blanco... The White One.   Well, that definitely sounds like a challenge if he's been named.  But, I believe that I must first pay my respects to the Ancient One here and discuss the reasons why we've come to this planet in the first place.  Perhaps, if the Ancient One fishes I'll ask him to join us after my meeting.  Can you tell me anything about him before my encounter?  What is he like?"   

Then, leaning back to speak around the youth, Yorik added, "Also, congrats, Durrak, on making the effort!  Don't think that we haven't noticed you doing your part and we're proud of you for taking time to enjoy being part of the team. :)"

 

the boy nods " There", he points to the mountain without a building "Climb to the cave"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yorik looked to where the boy pointed and then smiled down to him.  "Thanks.  By the way, I didn't catch your name, young sir.  I'm Yorik Vonn of Dantooine. "  He extended a hand for the youth to shake and then waited for his name before replying with a sincere, "It's nice to meet you,________, and thank you again for the fishing lesson!  We'll look forward to coming back to help you catch El Blanco later when we can."

"Durrak, you ready?"  Then, Yorik waved goodbye to the boy as the two heroes headed up to the cave of the Ancient One to finally discover the answers they needed and gain the knowledge and wisdom they all needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Astrid sighs, disappointed, but relieved. Returning to the front, where the swirling script first resolved into legible text, she hesitates briefly before closing the tome. There are some details missing that might have been extremely helpful, but this find has been a tremendous boon! 

Thank you. It proved a most engaging read, Astrid says to the Curator, returning the borrowed archive gloves. Astrid looks about. There is so much more to see here... but how much time has elapsed? 

I will rejoin my friends, now, but would like to return later, perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hey Doc!  How was the Library?" Yorik called out to Astrid as he and Durrak made their way up the side of the mountain.  He paused to look back down the hill and waved to Bennar and Worra while he waited for her to catch up to him and Durrak along the trail heading upwards.

"Shard returned to the ship to go over some goodies that he received as a gift, Durrak and I did a little fishing and made a new friend, and I believe Bennar and Worra are making new friends or contacts in the village as well....  How did your visit to the library go?  Find out anything interesting?"

Edited by Cartergame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Astrid sighs, disappointed, but relieved. Returning to the front, where the swirling script first resolved into legible text, she hesitates briefly before closing the tome. There are some details missing that might have been extremely helpful, but this find has been a tremendous boon! 

Thank you. It proved a most engaging read, Astrid says to the Curator, returning the borrowed archive gloves. Astrid looks about. There is so much more to see here... but how much time has elapsed? 

I will rejoin my friends, now, but would like to return later, perhaps?

He nods " if you wish"

4 hours ago, Cartergame said:

Yorik looked to where the boy pointed and then smiled down to him.  "Thanks.  By the way, I didn't catch your name, young sir.  I'm Yorik Vonn of Dantooine. "  He extended a hand for the youth to shake and then waited for his name before replying with a sincere, "It's nice to meet you,________, and thank you again for the fishing lesson!  We'll look forward to coming back to help you catch El Blanco later when we can."

"Durrak, you ready?"  Then, Yorik waved goodbye to the boy as the two heroes headed up to the cave of the Ancient One to finally discover the answers they needed and gain the knowledge and wisdom they all needed.

" Tom, " he shakes your hand  "Take your fish, they will make a nice supper. "

 

15 hours ago, TheGuardian118 said:

Bennar heads over to the man and joins the group. Why hello there sir. Thanks for the drink. What brings you to this world? Bennar adds with a chuckle, I doubt it was the fishing.

" Like yourself, I came because I was called "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Cartergame said:

How did your visit to the library go?  Find out anything interesting?"

Edited 4 hours ago by Cartergame

Astrid claps her friend on the shoulder, and smiles: We're getting flamethrowers, Yorik! These abominations are particularly susceptible to fire, and we must destroy their creator, of course. A Mutagenesis Queen, perhaps?

Our adversaries are using portals, and dark pathways; a sacrifice, preferably those same enemies, can seal the portal. Did I mention it is a portal to the Deathland

There was also mention of a Lord of Unholy... Something-or-other? (Did my successful check decipher that, by chance?) @April

I could probably learn more, but it would require a sacrifice. No. Seriously, that was some Dark reading.

So how has your visit been? Met anyone you'd like to sacrifice to the Gruesome Grimoire of Gloom and Doom? Astrid gives him a wink, and continues up the trail, listening expectantly.

edit to add:

(keying her com): Spy-D. Not sure exactly what we're up to, but bring my climbing gear, helmet, and chute. We're heading up the trail leading to the mountain without any structures built into it. Thanks, pal.

Edited by Edgehawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Charming the Kel Dor traitor: 2eA+1eP+4eD 0 successes, 3 advantage
a-a-a.pnga-s-s.pngp-a-a.pngd-f.pngd-f.pngd--.pngd-th.png

I push too hard, but find something a bit useful.

Though Worra was pleasant enough, his fellow Kel Dor couldn't keep his eye off of Worra's badge. He seemed uneasy about the situation before him, so Worra adjusted his tactics. He pulled his badge and began to toy with it. The Kel Dor seemed transfixed. Worra whispered across the table to his prey, "You know the Empire was tough on a lot of people from New Taris. Its a sad thing to say that some of our own helped them. Can you even imagine the type of person that would sell out their own race? Can you imagine what you would do if you came across such scum?" Worra paused his musing and turned to Esh, his eyes piercing through the traitor. "Me, I might show restraint. A fair trial is all a man can ask. But you, I bet you couldn't stand such villainy. I bet you'd deal with it real quiet-like, without involving the law."

Worra pocketed his Marshal badge again.

"By the way, friend," said Worra. "Have you ever heard of the traitor Venhar Esh? Rumor has it he's taken up on this rock."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, aclarkbr90 said:

Though Worra was pleasant enough, his fellow Kel Dor couldn't keep his eye off of Worra's badge. He seemed uneasy about the situation before him, so Worra adjusted his tactics. He pulled his badge and began to toy with it. The Kel Dor seemed transfixed. Worra whispered across the table to his prey, "You know the Empire was tough on a lot of people from New Taris. Its a sad thing to say that some of our own helped them. Can you even imagine the type of person that would sell out their own race? Can you imagine what you would do if you came across such scum?" Worra paused his musing and turned to Esh, his eyes piercing through the traitor. "Me, I might show restraint. A fair trial is all a man can ask. But you, I bet you couldn't stand such villainy. I bet you'd deal with it real quiet-like, without involving the law."

Worra pocketed his Marshal badge again.

"By the way, friend," said Worra. "Have you ever heard of the traitor Venhar Esh? Rumor has it he's taken up on this rock."

 

" Traitor? Is that how my people see me? ....unfortunate... but not unexpected. So have you come for vengeance?? ...

let me propose a scenario, imagine you were a very junior teacher when the Empire came, they killed your superiors, your children...who you were teaching that morning..

... and thrust you into a job  where you had the lives of billions... you had to be hard or your people were dead ....

So if you want to kill me... do it away from the children... I will not resist, I'm old anyway"

15 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Astrid claps her friend on the shoulder, and smiles: We're getting flamethrowers, Yorik! These abominations are particularly susceptible to fire, and we must destroy their creator, of course. A Mutagenesis Queen, perhaps?

Our adversaries are using portals, and dark pathways; a sacrifice, preferably those same enemies, can seal the portal. Did I mention it is a portal to the Deathland

There was also mention of a Lord of Unholy... Something-or-other? (Did my successful check decipher that, by chance?) @April

I could probably learn more, but it would require a sacrifice. No. Seriously, that was some Dark reading.

So how has your visit been? Met anyone you'd like to sacrifice to the Gruesome Grimoire of Gloom and Doom? Astrid gives him a wink, and continues up the trail, listening expectantly.

edit to add:

(keying her com): Spy-D. Not sure exactly what we're up to, but bring my climbing gear, helmet, and chute. We're heading up the trail leading to the mountain without any structures built into it. Thanks, pal.

Spy-d beeps in acknowledge. As you walk up you see a sheer surface. Ahead of you  several ropes , an anti gravity Elevator  are there, also are a group of aliens around a fire cooking some hunters stew.

In the distance you see a Sith Ship land... it seems you are not alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...