April

Alchemical Problems IC RPG thread

7 minutes ago, TheShard said:

Well, here you go... 

He produces the electro-mag.

This... he taps his metal arm, the clanging breaking ringing in the tense air. He has the hidden blaster flip out.

Not sure how you want me to get rid of this, cut my frelling arm off?

Her voice smiles " See he knew you would pass the test... You are a good soul. Here I belive you will find this useful. Apologies but you all will face such tests here.. it is to see if you are worthy of ...a great gift...." two  villagers drop a basket, inside is (your pick of 3 items no more than 10k credits ) one must be related to hacking/ slicing

Yorik smiled and said calmly," Shard, remember we are guests here and our goals are aligned.  So, please don't antagonize the people with your "disarming" personality..."

He grinned and winked in order to remind everyone about the game they'd been playing in an attempt to once again lighten the mood.

Preoccupied with the view of the surrounding mountains, and stunning architecture, Astrid misses the initial exchange between Zyi and Lucca. Well that escalated quickly... 

Before she can intervene, the tension subsides, and the matter seems to de-escalate just as quickly. 

I'm with Durrak, though- we did not come here to play games... Disarming personality?

You're on a roll, Yorik.

34 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Preoccupied with the view of the surrounding mountains, and stunning architecture, Astrid misses the initial exchange between Zyi and Lucca. Well that escalated quickly... 

Before she can intervene, the tension subsides, and the matter seems to de-escalate just as quickly. 

I'm with Durrak, though- we did not come here to play games... Disarming personality?

You're on a roll, Yorik.

" You seek the Library? " ... she points to the monastery.... 

"Well, honestly Astrid, I was just thinking that if Looks Could "Kill" right now then Shard would have me already laying on the ground...   But, still I've got to "hand" it to him for coming around and making the effort to get along with our pleasant hosts...  "  

Yorik's grin had broken into a full smile now as he marveled at his own atrocious puns of the earlier conversation but then he resumed his facade of seriousness upon mention of the monastery.  

"Is that where we will find Master Tithus?"  He asked while looking at the monastery. 

10 hours ago, Cartergame said:

Yorik grinned at Durrak's joke and pointed out, "Nice oxymoron!  Or is it irony?  Diplomacy = the weapon?  LOL!  

"Come on, Durrak!  Don't be so glum, friend... YOU are the weapon.  Your diskblade is just the tool you use to deliver your judgment.   In this case, I guess we'll have to rely upon your killer sense of style, my pointed observations, Worra's sharp wit, Astrid's dripping and venomous sarcasm, Shard's sick sense of humor, and Bennar's contagious optimism and enthusiasm!  Besides, if things really get frelled, we've always got a rancor we can unleash on someone, right?"

Durrak gives Yorik that really look. 

Bennar stows his weapons, but packs his medical gear and comlink. Never know when this will come in handy. While waiting for the others to finish their....ordeal. He admires some of the buildings and statues around town. Doesn't seem like everyone in my new group understands politics. Bennar chuckles to himself. Nice little town they have here. Hopefully this will be a bit more peaceful than our last mission, but I won't get my hopes up.

Yorik joined Astrid in climbing the steps up to the Monastery.  He was excited about the possibilities of answers and wisdom from someone who wasn't trying to immediately kill them.  He was truly hopeful of finding someone else willing to step up and help them save the galaxy from a monster like Lord Insanire.  He felt kind of foolish thinking of himself as someone "saving the galaxy" but if Lord Insanire was able to replicate the monstrosities he unleashed on New Taris and Flerbos, then the threat to the entire galaxy was real.

Fortunately, he wasn't alone and had been partnered with individuals with amazing talents and skills.  Maybe it was Destiny?  Maybe it was as Sar Agorn described earlier, "the Will of the Force..."

Hmmm, more food for thought.

Edited by Cartergame

It is strange, how different people deal with the circumstances they find themselves in. Zyi has just passed the first, and thus perhaps, most difficult test. Zyi, whose life has been one of constant struggle, feels he is not worthy; and yet I generally deem myself worthy of whatever comes my way, whether I am or not?

The stone steps continue upward, and are wide enough to easily accommodate Yorik at her side. He is uncharacteristically silent? Looking over, she sees that he, too, is lost in his thoughts. This place does that, it seems.

12 hours ago, TheGuardian118 said:

Bennar stows his weapons, but packs his medical gear and comlink. Never know when this will come in handy. While waiting for the others to finish their....ordeal. He admires some of the buildings and statues around town. Doesn't seem like everyone in my new group understands politics. Bennar chuckles to himself. Nice little town they have here. Hopefully this will be a bit more peaceful than our last mission, but I won't get my hopes up.

Bennar notices a man who is one of Zandos most wanted.. he is laughing with friends...he even notices That he is being observed and waves Bennar over preparing him a beverage

4 hours ago, Cartergame said:

Yorik joined Astrid in climbing the steps up to the Monastery.  He was excited about the possibilities of answers and wisdom from someone who wasn't trying to immediately kill them.  He was truly hopeful of finding someone else willing to step up and help them save the galaxy from a monster like Lord Insanire.  He felt kind of foolish thinking of himself as someone "saving the galaxy" but if Lord Insanire was able to replicate the monstrosities he unleashed on New Taris and Flerbos, then the threat to the entire galaxy was real.

Fortunately, he wasn't alone and had been partnered with individuals with amazing talents and skills.  Maybe it was Destiny?  Maybe it was as Sar Agorn described earlier, "the Will of the Force..."

Hmmm, more food for thought.

As Yorik walks up the path he is drawn towards a young boy fishing in a pool ... 

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

It is strange, how different people deal with the circumstances they find themselves in. Zyi has just passed the first, and thus perhaps, most difficult test. Zyi, whose life has been one of constant struggle, feels he is not worthy; and yet I generally deem myself worthy of whatever comes my way, whether I am or not?

The stone steps continue upward, and are wide enough to easily accommodate Yorik at her side. He is uncharacteristically silent? Looking over, she sees that he, too, is lost in his thoughts. This place does that, it seems.

The monastery is quite interesting..  it contains a stylistic relief of several beings leaving the conflict of the force wars.. going towards the mountains then creating this place... it's odd a strange orb is pictured ..... it seems to be something important... but what?.... you notice that most of the building is filled with bookcases, desks, holo projectors.. there is a Odd looking tall humanoid behind a desk making some notes...

Yorik paused and watched the boy fishing by the pool.  Something...  There.  A feeling.  One that Sar Agorn head trained him to become aware of within himself.

" Hi there,  buddy!  Are they biting?"  Yorik asked as he struck up a conversation.

Edited by Cartergame

Astrid approaches the tall humanoid, busy at its desk. The librarian? 

Excuse me. I'm no stranger to libraries, but this is my first visit, here. Perhaps you could help me? 

I am Astrid. A student of history, and its attendant trappings, and I seek something that may aid my team in its current endeavors.

Edited by Edgehawk

Tests? They are really trying to stress me out, last failed test destroyed my hometown... Not cool...

Bewildered he looks at the "gift(s)". He didn't open it just yet but puts it in the sack... Not knowing what to do he asks, So uhh... You still want this?

he holds out the electro-mag as if to offer it up.

44 minutes ago, TheShard said:

Tests? They are really trying to stress me out, last failed test destroyed my hometown... Not cool...

Bewildered he looks at the "gift(s)". He didn't open it just yet but puts it in the sack... Not knowing what to do he asks, So uhh... You still want this?

he holds out the electro-mag as if to offer it up.

"Why it is yours.".. you notice somehow, where there was one is two... 

1 hour ago, Cartergame said:

Yorik paused and watched the boy fishing by the pool.  Something...  There.  A feeling.  One that Sar Agorn head trained him to become aware of within himself.

" Hi there,  buddy!  Are they biting?"  Yorik asked as he struck up a conversation.

" kinda Mister, you wana Join? "

55 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Astrid approaches the tall humanoid, busy at its desk. The librarian? 

Excuse me. I'm no stranger to libraries, but this is my first visit, here. Perhaps you could help me? 

I am Astrid. A student of history, and its attendant trappings, and I seek something that may aid my team in its current endeavors.

" Hello I am the curator... So you seek books on Healing? "

Just now, Edgehawk said:

Healing? In a manner of speaking, maybe, but I don't think so. I believe our role is to remove a malignancy, not seek a cure?

"I see..." he puts down his pen  " Do you see the Mosaic? It was Something very similar these people did... they sought to end all war, bring unity...  do you notice something about that character?.... It looks a little similar to yourself does it not?... I do not invade minds like SOME others here... To fight Evil, to destroy it you must understand it... There is The Tome... a hellish book, bound in the flesh from 900 species... in its locked pages, you might find your answer... I warn you It will take a lot to just look at the thing...  Say when you wish to go. "

Astrid looks anew at the mosaic, and can see the resemblance... but it would not be the first time some market charlatan had tried to play upon the mysteries of her origins.

There is no understanding the Evil we face. I do indeed seek the knowledge to defeat this enemy, or tools that might help us to achieve this. I do not wish to become like the enemy. 

Why do you keep such a tome here? And how would embracing such darkness, bring anything to light?

3 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Astrid looks anew at the mosaic, and can see the resemblance... but it would not be the first time some market charlatan had tried to play upon the mysteries of her origins.

There is no understanding the Evil we face. I do indeed seek the knowledge to defeat this enemy, or tools that might help us to achieve this. I do not wish to become like the enemy. 

Why do you keep such a tome here? And how would embracing such darkness, bring anything to light?

" Both Excellent questions,  Would you destroy something that one day might hold a piece of a puzzle.??... I don't ask you to Embrace Evil, merely try to understand Evil will exist.. Such as the sun will one day expand then Collapse into a Black hole... Would you ignore The Black Hole? Or would you study it so one day you could Turn them back into life-giving stars? ... But to whom you seek to Stop... Well, I do not know..  I Once thought the greatest evil was Palpatine. Yet he fell... Not under combat but through redemption of another"

Both excellent answers... but why me?

Because I am here. 

Very well. I shall open the Tome. And hope that I am equal to the task. For it must be done.

If there is any chance I can glean some useful information, obtain positive results, by exposing myself to this grimoire- then I must.

"There's always time enough for fishing," Yorik  smiled. He was amused by the thought of taking a moment to relax and just fish after everything that had happened in their lives recently. 

"Fishing always reminds me of my uncle Teyd.  We would get up early before the Suns rose on Dantooine and then head out to the lake by first light. We would actually  go out on the boat onto the lake.  It was just a little skiff really and we would catch these 3 ft long mirrogoos.

"My first couple of times out on the water I wasn't much bigger than they were and they pulled me out of the boat several times and my uncle would just laugh.  

"I did too after I realized that they weren't going to eat me..."  Yorik smiled nostalgically

Edited by Cartergame