April

Alchemical Problems IC RPG thread

Yorik muttered under his breath, "Finally... Something going right for a change! I can only hope that this means one of the good guys for once is expecting us?" and piloted the Golden Hind into the mountain dock.

Once the ship was safely landed on the planet, he followed all protocols to make sure that everyone was ready and able to go exploring and then found Astrid to go explore the libraries.  

"Clean up & heads up, Shard! Something tells me this place is all about the Archives of the ... the... SOMEthing or other... What were they called again, Doc?"

Durrak leaves the statue's presence and makes his way through the ship. He stops at one of the viewports and stares out into the black. 

He keeps looking out the viewport as the ship descends into atmo and finally lands.  "I should help with the exploration of the 

archives. I wonder what will be there. Hopefully nothing creepy. I have had enough of that. I am a warrior, I fight. "

4 hours ago, aclarkbr90 said:

Moments later, a stern voice of a narrator begins to blare, and the holodisplay flips on, present the story of "The Ugnaught, or There and Back Again, by J.R.R. Spaceman."

Ugghh... Astrid is unable to suppress her groan, much to Worra's obvious dismay. No, no, it's not that. I appreciate the tale, of course- in fact, I just ran across it on my shelf earlier, while looking for another title. That voice, though. If that's not Professor Simcoe reading, it sounds just like him. Barely survived those lectures...

1 hour ago, April said:

Rissk informs you Zando himself will be contacting you guys soon. However when is not known.

Zando himself!? Well when exactly do you mean? See I've already waited too long...

1 hour ago, Cartergame said:

"Clean up & heads up, Shard! Something tells me this place is all about the Archives of the ... the... SOMEthing or other... What were they called again, Doc?"

My first thought was the sanctum of Kaleth, a known Je'daii repository for knowledge... which I am hoping is close, since our ship decided to guide itself here. This fits the few clues I have to go on. Looking at the map on display, there are few labels, but the Kilnat Mountains are indeed marked. Looks like something is expecting us.

34 minutes ago, jnrschulz said:

Hopefully nothing creepy. I have had enough of that.

HA!

I mean yes, please join the away team.

The mountain dock is filled with activity, you see multiple people of various races, preparing shipments, some in some out. 

The port is flanked by eight Giant Jed'daii statues, holding swords

A tall Sandperson walks towards you caring some sort of staff , a R3 droid follows behind

" Ahh you are here finally... it seems a little behind expectations, however.. this can not be helped the galaxy is in flux is it not?? " her tone is pleasant and jovial

" Do you need rest? Sustenance? ... we have some small cabins you can use ...  There are some who will prepare a modest meal if you require??"

" Where are my manners, Welcome to Tython. We are the Followers of the One.. it has been waiting, and you may call me ... My true name would be too hard so please call me Lucca..

I am first today... and shall be first until you depart.. "

Edited by April

Well met, Lucca, but I fear you have us at a disadvantage. Followers of the One?

I am Astrid, and if I am late to your unexpected party, it's because I just discerned the true nature of the invitation.

Our galaxy is, indeed, in flux. Such is the way with galaxies, but I take your meaning.

Speaking for myself, I am rested enough, and curious to learn more of the presence here. 

A frakking cult? And yet there is no denying that something has directed us to this place...

"Followers of the One," Yorik repeated more to himself than the others as he struggled to recall any reference to "the One" that Sar Agorn might have mentioned.  There was "the Ancient One" that Sar Agorn mentioned wanting Yorik to meet during one of their training sessions.  Perhaps this "One" truly could help them all.  

"By all means, Ms. Lucca, lead the way!  Again, thank you for your hospitality as we have struggled greatly over these past few weeks to deal with a deadly menace who uses the Dark side of the Force.  It would make us feel much better to have an audience as soon as possible with someone knowledgeable in ways of the Force of the Light side or who can provide much more context and information to the dangers we have faced."

Edited by Cartergame

13 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Well met, Lucca, but I fear you have us at a disadvantage. Followers of the One?

I am Astrid, and if I am late to your unexpected party, it's because I just discerned the true nature of the invitation.

Our galaxy is, indeed, in flux. Such is the way with galaxies, but I take your meaning.

Speaking for myself, I am rested enough, and curious to learn more of the presence here. 

A frakking cult? And yet there is no denying that something has directed us to this place...

If she can read your mind you do not know, her bow is curt but still welcoming.

" Come, Come "

2 hours ago, Cartergame said:

"Followers of the One," Yorik repeated more to himself than the others as he struggled to recall any reference to "the One" that Sar Agorn might have mentioned.  There was "the Ancient One" that Sar Agorn mentioned wanting Yorik to meet during one of their training sessions.  Perhaps this "One" truly could help them all.  

"By all means, Ms. Lucca, lead the way!  Again, thank you for your hospitality as we have struggled greatly over these past few weeks to deal with a deadly menace who uses the Dark side of the Force.  It would make us feel much better to have an audience as soon as possible with someone knowledgeable in ways of the Force of the Light side or who can provide much more context and information to the dangers we have faced."

" Indeed, however, we ask you not to enter the village armed. We do not seek any violence If you have weapons please return them to your vessel. The Ancient One Abhors Violence of any kind "

" Dr Simosen will heal you if you need, We have Many books, holo records if you want...  Sir, On the vessel Your presence is requested also @TheShard "

Astrid returns to the Hind with the others. All dressed up, and nothing to fight... Refreshing. I am unused to my thoughts being violated so casually, though. As a student of history, I am a cynic regarding most cult-like followings, and I believe my skepticism has made a poor impression. Let's get what we came for, help them if we can, and be gone. There is reason you don't hear stories of those who journey to Tython.

Yorik smiled and replied, "I abhor violence as well, ma'am.  Unfortunately, there are many places and people in the galaxy where violence is necessary.  I will happily oblige.  Also, there are others onboard our ship who could benefit from certain pacification or peaceful meditation training techniques that require more training than my own limited experience can provide.  I wonder if it is possible for one of our travelers to learn from or study in safety with one of your teachers?  His name is Nix."

Yorik was only wearing his sidearm but gladly returned to the Hind to stow it safely aboard the ship.  He smiled at Astrid's commentary.

"All dressed up and nothing to fight is much better way to approach this than the alternative.  Also, I don't know if we have to worry so much about having our thoughts read as it's pretty obvious to read our stress just from our body language given our recent experiences.  And I have to say that if they're a cult, these Jed'dai have been extremely successful for thousands of years to have spread their philosophy and empire across the galaxy to match the more terrifying cult of the Sith that we're still struggling to understand and counter.  So, I'm completely onboard for now with anything and everything they have to say or do in order to help us learn ways of dealing with everything we've recently experienced." :)

Yorik grinned at Durrak's joke and pointed out, "Nice oxymoron!  Or is it irony?  Diplomacy = the weapon?  LOL!  

"Come on, Durrak!  Don't be so glum, friend... YOU are the weapon.  Your diskblade is just the tool you use to deliver your judgment.   In this case, I guess we'll have to rely upon your killer sense of style, my pointed observations, Worra's sharp wit, Astrid's dripping and venomous sarcasm, Shard's sick sense of humor, and Bennar's contagious optimism and enthusiasm!  Besides, if things really get frelled, we've always got a rancor we can unleash on someone, right?"

Don't get me wrong. I am happier to be in bed with the ancient Je'daii sect, than I would be with the Jedi or the Sith. Just never relied upon any system of beliefs. I trust in myself, and my team. And I try to trust in Z, because he has been good to me.

This won't be much of a party, without a bag full of grenades. Astrid produces her half-smile, shrugging the satchel off over her head. Stowing her sidearms, and hanging her armor, she rejoins the team.

Contagious optimism and enthusiasm? That sounds like someone else I know, Yorik.

Oh. And do not be alarmed if you see "Imperial" symbols on display. They stole the Bendu insignia from the Je'daii, who have used it for ages.

Be right back, guys. I feel naked going to the library without my armor on. Removing the knee cops with the dart attachments, Astrid re-dons her armor and returns.

Edited by Edgehawk

As you strole down the path following your guide, you notice people tilling fields, reading in the sunshine. Getting water.. if anything this little area of the planet feels very safe.

You are now in the centre of a little village, there's an open air Cantina, some stone cottages, a few market stalls, a large well, a broken statue.  Other buildings are scattered around with a large Water Mill.

With the name Master Tithus on a bronze plaque... above you is a large temple carved into one of the mountains,

You also notice that  there's a large stone staircase leading to one of the other mountains.

Whenever you pass anyone they stop and say hello. Then return to whatever they were doing.

After a brief interlude, Yorik stepped out of his room wearing a simple lightweight beige cotton tunic shirt and matching pants with black slippers.  It was the first time the others had seen him fully outside of his armor and unarmed and honestly, it had been a while since Yorik had been so free and unemcumbered.

"Well look at me!  I'm practically naked.  No HBR, no sidearm pistol, no force pike, no vibroknife, no backup vibroknife, no vibroknuckles, and not a single grenade."

Then, winking at his team before flexing toward the sky he said, "Fortunately, Durrak, I still have these guns and they're always loaded!"

"See?  Even my jokes are killer!"  

Yorik laughed and enjoyed the walk through the quaint village with the others.  He basked happily in the sunlight and soaked up as much of the tranquility as he could and did his best to replace the still haunting & horrific memories in his mind.  The ones that still lingered every time he closed his eyes of the path of blood in Flerbos mall... He focused intently on replacing them with the images of the stone lined path leading up to the village and the water mill of this area and he warmly greeted the smiling and waving faces of the local strangers with his own smiles and handwaves.

"Focus on the positive and release the negative. Just breathe and be water.  Go with the flow..."

Edited by Cartergame

As the others return and tell him of the request, Zyi mutters to himself. He leaves the weapons behind, besides the one hidden in his arm and the hidden electro-mag in his sack of goodies. He's stores Aye in there as well, going to have as many tricks up his sleeve in case this ain't what it seems.

He turns off the countermeasures in his cloak for the time being and covers his shadowsuit with plain clothes in shades of blacks, browns, grey and a drab olive shirt. He tucks his goggles under a fold of his head wrapping, and starts moving towards the hatch door.

... Fine, let's get on with it.

39 minutes ago, TheShard said:

As the others return and tell him of the request, Zyi mutters to himself. He leaves the weapons behind, besides the one hidden in his arm and the hidden electro-mag in his sack of goodies. He's stores Aye in there as well, going to have as many tricks up his sleeve in case this ain't what it seems.

He turns off the countermeasures in his cloak for the time being and covers his shadowsuit with plain clothes in shades of blacks, browns, grey and a drab olive shirt. He tucks his goggles under a fold of his head wrapping, and starts moving towards the hatch door.

... Fine, let's get on with it.

Lucca's head snaps towards Shard but she says " I hope you will respect our ways here.  " 

2 minutes ago, TheShard said:

Respect earned, is respect given. He says to Lucca. 

Golden rule of life right?

" Would you flagrantly break a law even if you knew there would be severe consequences?, Would you harm an innocent?  Yes I believe you would... You will be watched...We have no weapons, nothing beside simple tools... people can come and go as often as they wish.. "

Her tone is not threatening, however it is said with some authority.

" You were invited to see the Ancient... if you want to rest first those buildings have been prepared for you... I will be meditating at the statue until you decide what you want to do first" 

He tone returned to its happy one.

I think you have me misfigured out, in this universe not all are privileged enough to be so innocent, you're good? I'm good, we'll be good. However I don't know you, and no disrespect, but the universe ain't a nice place. Now you seem nice and I ain't meaning any disrespect... I keep my eyes and suits about me always, you're welcome to do the same, I'd expect it... I'll be a boring watch. I ain't come here to start no trouble, no one brings it ain't gonna be none.

He walks over and sticks out his natural hand to offer a shake. His  face goes from grim to grin.

( @April  Does Lucca shake it? I have more dialog depending on his reaction.)

Edited by TheShard

6 minutes ago, TheShard said:

I think you have me misfigured out, in this universe not all are privileged enough to be so innocent, you're good? I'm good, we'll be good. However I don't know you, and no disrespect, but the universe ain't a nice place. Now you seem nice and I ain't meaning any disrespect... I keep my eyes and suits about me always, you're welcome to do the same, I'd expect it... I'll be a boring watch. I ain't come here to start no trouble, no one brings it ain't gonna be none.

He walks over and sticks out his natural hand to offer a shake. His  face goes from grim to grin.

( @April  Does Lucca shake it? I have more dialog depending on his reaction.)

It's a she, She says " it would be unwise to shake a hand of somebody who does not do as asked.. you can keep your toys ..  Any provocation will be dealt with .. Understand??"

As you wish ma'am...

He forces the smile to stay, and gives her a wink, he takes another step towards her and in a low whisper:

Be careful passing judgement so easily, it's rarely a sign of wisdom. We've lived different lives you and I, I've crawled out of the nasty slop out of life, I've worked for my morality, I sacrificed, I've suffered to keep it... It's been earned, I'm alive because I don't always do as I'm asked, others are alive because I don't just do as I'm asked... I'm alive because I've broken rules with harsh penalties, but don't you dare accuse me of being the one to harm innocent people, frell if those even exist... My life would have been much easier if I was more open to the idea... So I'm not here to provocate, but I survive because I don't just assume what appears as something is that, so looks like we can both learn something today. 

He walks away catching up to the group he waves, No hard feelings, have a good day!

Pompous, arnt they... Go ahead, bet your invading my privacy right now eh? 

Edited by TheShard

" You think I spent my life in this comfort?, Do you know I was forbidden to speak before I left The twin suns... Really I was just expected to produce Children, I had no name, i had nothing. Now im a teacher i live in peace, free of whips and chains. Free of abuse, Yet I killed i killed my husband to become free So yes i know of sacrifice... I know of many things. Remove the weapons NOW!.. Or face Our laws "

As she says this as if some collective hive mind  all the villagers look at shard, they dont come armed but they do slowly move towards him