April

Alchemical Problems IC RPG thread

Glad that worked, for now. What's Zyi up to..? Oh! Frak frak frak. Thought the crew had been aboard a while, and conducted routine sweeps... Zando? Plus Republic Security Service? Hutts too, maybe?

I'll miss the creature, in a way. Worra, would you be so kind as to play the Soothing Acklay Noises for me? Thank you, Marshal. The "cacophonous roar of counter-disco" should provide us some temporary privacy... Whispering, close, to Zyi:

I doubt Zando has live access to the surveillance, so Rssik most likely just uploaded the recorded data from any of their bugs... RSS I'm less concerned with... Zyi. Can you corrupt the uploaded data remotely, while we're still in close proximity?

Edited by Edgehawk

13 hours ago, Cartergame said:

(WOO HOO! :)  Thanks, guys!)  LOL  Way to go, Doctor Bennar! & Uh oh... Bugging the Ship??? Hrmmmm... Zando or someone else?

you dont know

A more sinister thought occurrs to Astrid, as she observes Zyi at work, staying out of his way. Lord Insanire and his Acolyte have resorted to mundane methods before. My first suspicions pointed to Zando, of course, and we know Republic Intelligence has an interest... but what if our actual enemies are monitoring us, perhaps even using us to find the items we both seek?

Edited by Edgehawk

Yorik leaned in and whispered closely in a conspiratorial confession to Astrid.  

"I've wondered this as well.  After all, how is it possible that Mr. Z has been so acutely aware of these Sith artifacts?  What if he's possibly working both sides?  Most terrifying, what if he's actually Lord Insanire in disguise?  It seems to me like that would be a really smart play.  Either way, the items that we retrieve or the acolytes or even the other teams would eventually wind up in his hands no matter what.  But, trying to delve into these thoughts is just maddening.  

"All we can hope for is that Mr. Z really is just what he appears to be -- a highly connected member of the Banking Guild who has decided that the Sith are worth more trouble than the sum of their assets combined.  Perhaps, we can rely on the fact that he can simply buy the most current and relevant intelligence available and hire the best talent to go out and retrieve whatever he desires..."

Hmm.. Not quite where I was going, but..?

Astrid responds in the same conspiratorial tone: If I truly believed Z was... (would it really make a difference..? Yes. I like to think it would.) Evil..? The concept is strange, but I've studied enough and seen enough, to know that it irrefutably exists. I'm not sure what to think, anymore, but perhaps it is time to more deeply examine what we're doing, and for whom? I do know that a decision to go completely rogue will be met with swift and lethal force. Crisis of conscience is not something I think Z will be particularly empathetic toward, and too many incidents like Crumbleberry and Nix could burn the whole team. 

When Zyi finally woke up, he missed all the hub bub of exchanging cargo. The sleeping quarters were well insulated. He sat up and rubbed his temples having woke up with a bit of a headache. He puts on a fresh tank top, and grabs his bag and walks out the door; something's on his mind.

Those junction boxes next to the damaged panels I repaired yesterday looked a bit off...

He went back to double check, having a grown sense of suspicion about the jobs they've done. 

Frak we've been had... Bugs... Frelling podo man.... 

He continues the search and finds more, everywhere.

He begins to systematically remove them

Bugs: 4eP+1eA+3eD 4 successes, 1 advantage
p-a-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-s.pngp-a-a.pnga-s.pngd-th.pngd-th-th.pngd-th.png

2 hours ago, TheShard said:

When Zyi finally woke up, he missed all the hub bub of exchanging cargo. The sleeping quarters were well insulated. He sat up and rubbed his temples having woke up with a bit of a headache. He puts on a fresh tank top, and grabs his bag and walks out the door; something's on his mind.

Those junction boxes next to the damaged panels I repaired yesterday looked a bit off...

He went back to double check, having a grown sense of suspicion about the jobs they've done. 

Frak we've been had... Bugs... Frelling podo man.... 

He continues the search and finds more, everywhere.

He begins to systematically remove them

Bugs: 4eP+1eA+3eD 4 successes, 1 advantage
p-a-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-s.pngp-a-a.pnga-s.pngd-th.pngd-th-th.pngd-th.png

you remove basically all of them. . you find out most are from Hutt owned companies

"Dr. Andunie, I'll do you one better," Worra says. He logs into the ship's audio and plays a feed from his datapad. Moments later, a stern voice of a narrator begins to blare, and the holodisplay flips on, present the story of "The Ugnaught, or There and Back Again, by J.R.R. Spaceman."

Anyone listening in will have to scour through hours of tape to catch even snippets of conversation, Worra realized. As long as we keep our conversations quiet, they won't even be audible over the soundtrack. 

"More pleasant than Acklay screeching, I would hope. And don't worry, there's a whole second trilogy should we run out of tape."

55 minutes ago, aclarkbr90 said:

"Dr. Andunie, I'll do you one better," Worra says. He logs into the ship's audio and plays a feed from his datapad. Moments later, a stern voice of a narrator begins to blare, and the holodisplay flips on, present the story of "The Ugnaught, or There and Back Again, by J.R.R. Spaceman."

Anyone listening in will have to scour through hours of tape to catch even snippets of conversation, Worra realized. As long as we keep our conversations quiet, they won't even be audible over the soundtrack. 

"More pleasant than Acklay screeching, I would hope. And don't worry, there's a whole second trilogy should we run out of tape."

( funny story i live like 20 minutes from Where he wrote that book) 

The cargo hauler departs ...  Rissk informs you Zando himself will be contacting you guys soon. However when is not known.

Orbiting Tython is strange, there's an orbiting Spaceport which seems to be completely automatic.

Nobody comes here, not unless they have to, most ship's to and from here are completely done via droid crew.. 

You already have clearance to land on a remote mountain dock.... it is as if Something knew you were on your way.

Edited by April