April

Alchemical Problems IC RPG thread

Worra approaches his Omwati shipmate, who is busily investigating the ship's AI. Worra draws his blaster and slides it across the table to Shard. "When you finish up with that, I figure I ought to have a little better gear as an agent of the law. You mind tinkering with this a bit? I got a custom grip installed on it, but the trigger is a bit twitchy. Is that something you could fix?"

@TheShard [The blaster doesn't have any previous mods, so it should be 3 purples to install the mod, assuming reasonable parts are available on the ship. Worra will of course pay for the parts]

[OOC: Worra is definitely spending his XP to pick up the Marshall specialization. @April Any chance the cargoship could be contracted to bring a pair of cybernetic eyes suitable for a Kel Dor? Is that a negotiation roll?]

Edited by aclarkbr90

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

Astrid settles in at her terminal, prepared for another search, this time digging deep into her University's Je'daii history archives. The results from this far back tend to be pretty thin, but there might be something that can point me in the right direction... who the frak organized these archives... (realizes she had assisted in reorganizing some of the data, as an undergrad) I know this system. If what I need isn't here, I should at least be able to find a reference to another source..? Maybe this close to Empress Teta I can access the Great Library, or even surveys from the Navigator's Guild? 

Or maybe the answers are right here, under my nose? I'll check the Oble's database Zyi uploaded, too, just in case... I sound desperate. I'm not usually this frantic, am I? Not much time.. 

Okay, Astrid. Calm down. Now I'm talking to myself. Out loud. I don't need to give myself a pep talk- I just need to do this. This is what I do. Team's counting on me.  

Scrolling through the familiar network of the Bar'leth University Archaeological Archives, Astrid sorts through all the files she can find on the Je'daii temples of Tython. Anything at all on this Crystal Sword? or the Staff, even?

Unfortunately there are many Crystal swords... your searches pull up multiple 'Crystaline Swords and Staves ' 

However you do get something regarding a large amount of Physical Books, Scrolls, being sent to a remote port near the Kilnat mountain range.... you feel something... something very odd, not cold... but tingly... perhaps it is a sign?

The Kaeli Crystal Sword is truly a needle in a haystack, here, whereas almost anywhere else it would be a unique relic... a chill- but not quite- travels up Astrid's spine. I've been at this too long...... What about this? At this point, the thought of unfurling scrolls, and turning actual pages, seems appealing... And for some reason, this actually seems... right? 

Great. A decade of higher learning, and scientific research, and now I'm following hunches?

Edited by Edgehawk

1 hour ago, aclarkbr90 said:

"Then again, a deposed monarch is not the best image for a Democracy," mused Worra, not realizing that his comments might be insulting. Despite his diplomatic training, Worra often lacked the tact required to get his way.

" WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY ABOUT ME, YOU LITTLE LEATHERFACE ??

I WILL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT I GRADUATED TOP OF THE DEATH MONASTERY  ..AND HAVE TRAINED IN SITH WARFARE, AND HAVE OVER 6,000,000 CONFIRMED KILLS.... YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME BUT ANOTHER MEWLING PEASANT... YOU THINK YOU ARE SAFE BECAUSE I AM JUST A STATUE? THINK AGAIN YOU NON OXYGEN BREATHING THING!!, AS WE SPEAK  I AM BUILDING UP ALL MY ENERGY, PREPARE FOR THE STORM UGLY, THE STORM THAT ENDS ALL YOUR SNARKY COMMENTS. YOU ARE SO ZAPPED KID..I CAN BE IN YOUR DREAMS ANYTIME PEASANT. I WILL SPOOK YOU UP GOOD, PREPARE TO DROWN IN YOUR OWN TERROR KIDDO!" 

The statue wobbles as if trying to move forward then falls on its face...." ouch!!  .nurse!!!!"

50 minutes ago, aclarkbr90 said:

Worra approaches his Omwati shipmate, who is busily investigating the ship's AI. Worra draws his blaster and slides it across the table to Shard. "When you finish up with that, I figure I ought to have a little better gear as an agent of the law. You mind tinkering with this a bit? I got a custom grip installed on it, but the trigger is a bit twitchy. Is that something you could fix?"

@TheShard [The blaster doesn't have any previous mods, so it should be 3 purples to install the mod, assuming reasonable parts are available on the ship. Worra will of course pay for the parts]

[OOC: Worra is definitely spending his XP to pick up the Marshall specialization. @April Any chance the cargoship could be contracted to bring a pair of cybernetic eyes suitable for a Kel Dor? Is that a negotiation roll?]

Just use your drone you can request anything like that 

4 hours ago, April said:

I WILL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT I GRADUATED TOP OF THE DEATH MONASTERY  ..AND HAVE TRAINED IN SITH WARFARE, AND HAVE OVER 6,000,000 CONFIRMED KILLS.... YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME BUT ANOTHER MEWLING PEASANT... YOU THINK YOU ARE SAFE BECAUSE I AM JUST A STATUE? THINK AGAIN YOU NON OXYGEN BREATHING THING!!, AS WE SPEAK  I AM BUILDING UP ALL MY ENERGY, PREPARE FOR THE STORM UGLY, THE STORM THAT ENDS ALL YOUR SNARKY COMMENTS. YOU ARE SO ZAPPED KID..I CAN BE IN YOUR DREAMS ANYTIME PEASANT. I WILL SPOOK YOU UP GOOD, PREPARE TO DROWN IN YOUR OWN TERROR KIDDO!" 

The statue wobbles as if trying to move forward then falls on its face...." ouch!!  .nurse!!!!"

Durrak stands the statue up again. "Tell me what do you know of Zeison Sha story about the evil hermit ? "

After exhausting himself during the repair on the ship, Bennar heads to bed. Not too much later, Bennar turns over in his nap, "WHOM DISTURBS MY SLUMBER." Yeah, who is disturbing me right now? Hmmm? Zzzzzzz..... Bennar goes back to sleep for a bit. After a wonderful and much needed map he wakes up refreshed and heads out to find out what the commotion is. Oh look a talking statue. Bennar goes to find some breakfast and leaves the others to talk to it at this point. He does speak jokingly into his comlink, Hey guys, just getting up. I noticed there was a talking statue in the hold. Please tell me that this time the archeologist is going to be able to handle this one without me. I literally have no experience tending to sentients of whatever he is made of, unless he can explain his makeup and guide me of course. From what I heard in passing sounds like this one could be a handful. 

(Sorry been a crazy week, figured Bennar was "Sleeping" while real life was happening. Unfortunately it's late right now so I'll spend my 20 XP this weekend!)

7 hours ago, jnrschulz said:

Durrak stands the statue up again. "Tell me what do you know of Zeison Sha story about the evil hermit ? "

The eyes Dim.... " hmmm The Eyeless Terror has been to many worlds, Kidnapping children, Blaming it on others..... You should be warned young one... He knows you. You must resist the calling to stand with him... "

4 hours ago, TheGuardian118 said:

After exhausting himself during the repair on the ship, Bennar heads to bed. Not too much later, Bennar turns over in his nap, "WHOM DISTURBS MY SLUMBER." Yeah, who is disturbing me right now? Hmmm? Zzzzzzz..... Bennar goes back to sleep for a bit. After a wonderful and much needed map he wakes up refreshed and heads out to find out what the commotion is. Oh look a talking statue. Bennar goes to find some breakfast and leaves the others to talk to it at this point. He does speak jokingly into his comlink, Hey guys, just getting up. I noticed there was a talking statue in the hold. Please tell me that this time the archeologist is going to be able to handle this one without me. I literally have no experience tending to sentients of whatever he is made of, unless he can explain his makeup and guide me of course. From what I heard in passing sounds like this one could be a handful. 

(Sorry been a crazy week, figured Bennar was "Sleeping" while real life was happening. Unfortunately it's late right now so I'll spend my 20 XP this weekend!)

" BRING ME TRIBUTE MORTAL"

19 hours ago, TheGuardian118 said:

Please tell me that this time the archeologist is going to be able to handle this one without me.

Well.. He was just calling for a nurse, but strangely enough, it sounds like Durrak has it covered. 

Gents. And Yorik. I'm afraid the clues that will lead us to the item we seek, are not to be found in any database, or archive I can access from the Hind's holo. I have some likely leads (I refuse to say woman's intuition) on where we might retrieve the lore we need on Tython, however. I have a very good feeling about this. I really did just say that, didn't I..? But I do!

90 minutes 'til we drop out of hyperspace, and rendezvous with Zando's cargo vessel... Tossing her delicates into the crew's washer, along with her armor, she instructs the laundry droid to run a quick cycle, then returns to her quarters. Hydrate. After drinking a tall glass of water, Astrid collapses onto her rack. Think I'd better rest my eyes for a few.

Edited by Edgehawk

16 hours ago, April said:

" BRING ME TRIBUTE MORTAL"

Walks over with a ration pack, Here ya go good sir. Enjoy.  Bennar heads to one of the other holds to get some space to work out a bit, got to stay in shape for the next encounter. It also helps him relax as he waits for the hyperspace journey to come to a close.

(@April, trying to decide what to spend my XP on or if I should just bank it for the next infusion. How do once per session skills work in this game?)

Yorik grinned and winked at Astrid in return, "Funny, Doc.... I caught that. :-)"

"Ahhh, a good feeling you say?  Well that would be the first time we've had one of those before a mission instead of feeling the dread of knowing  that we're usually walking into a trap...."

Edited by Cartergame

On 6/22/2017 at 5:46 PM, April said:

Worra stepped back, momentarily perplexed by the reaction. His eyes narrowed, and he growled back at the statue, "It's good that you are dead. The galaxy has too many warmongers. No, you will not have the chance to bring more horror to the world. Your remaining existence will be no more than that of a pet."

On his way back to his quarters, Worra stopped by the quarters of the newest member of the crew, Bennar [ @TheGuardian118 ]. "Doctor," said Worra, with an outstretched hand. "Welcome to the crew.:"

Worra paused for a moment, considering his decision carefully. "I've been thinking of a personal upgrade of sorts," Worra explained, as he passed his datapad to Bennar. "Things might get hairy down on Tython, and I want to be sure that I have an edge." 

Worra's datapad had an image of Athakam MedTech Cybernetic Eyes, Mod III. Worra knew that a single eye should do the trick. Athakam was renowned for the integration of a cybernetic eye with an organic one. The implants were typically grown from modified stim-cells, perfectly matching the patient's species. "If I purchase one, will you be able to install it? Recovery time is not a luxury that we have right now, so it would need to be quick, effective, and suitable for immediate use."

16 hours ago, TheGuardian118 said:

Walks over with a ration pack, Here ya go good sir. Enjoy.  Bennar heads to one of the other holds to get some space to work out a bit, got to stay in shape for the next encounter. It also helps him relax as he waits for the hyperspace journey to come to a close.

(@April, trying to decide what to spend my XP on or if I should just bank it for the next infusion. How do once per session skills work in this game?)

Basically ill allow you to use them as often as you can make a case for said skill

2 hours ago, aclarkbr90 said:

Worra stepped back, momentarily perplexed by the reaction. His eyes narrowed, and he growled back at the statue, "It's good that you are dead. The galaxy has too many warmongers. No, you will not have the chance to bring more horror to the world. Your remaining existence will be no more than that of a pet."

(oh im Soooo Glad you did that)

( you need to tell me if your alone or in your quarters from now on )

17 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Well.. He was just calling for a nurse, but strangely enough, it sounds like Durrak has it covered. 

Gents. And Yorik. I'm afraid the clues that will lead us to the item we seek, are not to be found in any database, or archive I can access from the Hind's holo. I have some likely leads (I refuse to say woman's intuition) on where we might retrieve the lore we need on Tython, however. I have a very good feeling about this. I really did just say that, didn't I..? But I do!

90 minutes 'til we drop out of hyperspace, and rendezvous with Zando's cargo vessel... Tossing her delicates into the crew's washer, along with her armor, she instructs the laundry droid to run a quick cycle, then returns to her quarters. Hydrate. After drinking a tall glass of water, Astrid collapses onto her rack. Think I'd better rest my eyes for a few.

Your dreams are of a cave, with lots of people... bringing books in, then taking others away ( which you see are shipped off to schools, universities or the needy. You yourself have one of these, it has a message which you couldn't read but think you may be able to now )

It's strange. You Know somehow Something is reading them... It's a kind, cool presence but also totally alien to anything you have ever experienced. 

Yorik shook his head at hearing the statue brag about the deaths of six million beings. Worra was right.

This king in the statue was receiving his karma.

War was a dark and terrible thing and only those who had never experienced it first hand would be foolish enough to brag about such a thing.  Six million beings.

Either an entire city or an entire planet wiped out.  

It typically meant this being was far enough away from the front lines and the consequences of his actions that he didn't suffer the guilt or remorse that a compassionate person would and thus deserved his fate as a trophy for Mr. Zando .

If this king was the one considered to be the most benevolent of them all then the Sith were truly monsters.

Yorik sighed in disappointment and said, "Well, your lordship, I believe you'll find that the person we're delivering you to will appreciate all the wisdom that you have to offer."

Edited by Cartergame

Astrid awakens of her own accord, as the Hind drops out of hyperspace. Another cave dream? Usually don't remember them this vividly... and there was something else present this time...

20 hours ago, April said:

You yourself have one of these, it has a message which you couldn't read but think you may be able to now

(Astrid has a physical book in her possession, or was this also a part of the dream?)

Feeling refreshed, for it being such a brief nap, Astrid gets up and splashes some water on her face. Pulling on her underarmor, she heads to the laundry room to suit up.

Dreamtime's over. Not sure exactly what's going on, here, but I'm ready for it. 

Maybe. 

Astrid goes to check on their prize, prior to meeting-up with Zando's courier, and can feel the seething rage even before she rounds the corner to the hold. 

Man, is he Sithed...

After unplugging from the navcomputer/ A.I., zyi goes and collapses on the floor near his bed. Long years of sleeping on cement bunks, cheap hard mats and improvised sleeping arrangements has made him uncomfortable with a proper bed. Especially one as fluffy and luxurious add this one, even the sight of it makes him slightly uncomfortable. Its just too nice for someone like him.

He briefly wakes when the statue rumbles, but exhausted dismisses it as a dream and lays his head down on his pack and curls up. Aye still getting used to the new appendages awkwardly scuttles over and and goes into standby mode resting at his feet.

Edited by TheShard

3 hours ago, Cartergame said:

Yorik shook his head at hearing the statue brag about the deaths of six million beings. Worra was right.

This king in the statue was receiving his karma.

War was a dark and terrible thing and only those who had never experienced it first hand would be foolish enough to brag about such a thing.  Six million beings.

Either an entire city or an entire planet wiped out.  

It typically meant this being was far enough away from the front lines and the consequences of his actions that he didn't suffer the guilt or remorse that a compassionate person would and thus deserved his fate as a trophy for Mr. Zando .

If this king was the one considered to be the most benevolent of them all then the Sith were truly monsters.

Yorik sighed in disappointment and said, "Well, your lordship, I believe you'll find that the person we're delivering you to will appreciate all the wisdom that you have to offer."

The Statue is quiet. And doesn't respond.

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

Astrid awakens of her own accord, as the Hind drops out of hyperspace. Another cave dream? Usually don't remember them this vividly... and there was something else present this time...

(Astrid has a physical book in her possession, or was this also a part of the dream?)

Feeling refreshed, for it being such a brief nap, Astrid gets up and splashes some water on her face. Pulling on her underarmor, she heads to the laundry room to suit up.

Dreamtime's over. Not sure exactly what's going on, here, but I'm ready for it. 

Maybe. 

Astrid goes to check on their prize, prior to meeting-up with Zando's courier, and can feel the seething rage even before she rounds the corner to the hold. 

Man, is he Sithed...

You have a physical book, it's old and tattered and has only very generic information about a species called the Chiss, you kept it but you were unsure why.

17 minutes ago, TheShard said:

After unplugging from the navcomputer/ A.I., zyi goes and collapses on the floor near his bed. Long years of sleeping on cement bunks, cheap hard mats and improvised sleeping arrangements has made him uncomfortable with a proper bed. Especially one as fluffy and luxurious add this one, even the sight of it makes him slightly uncomfortable. Its just too nice for someone like him.

He briefly wakes when the statue rumbles, but exhausted dismisses it as a dream and lays his head down on his pack and curls up. Aye still getting used to the new appendages awkwardly scuttles over and and goes into standby mode resting at his feet.

Your rest is well earned.

The cargo freighter is about 3 hours away. It seems you can rest /relax before it arrives.

Yorik took a deep breath and steeled himself to speak once again with the statue but he would focus on the answers which would help them all and be most productive.

"Great king Floydd, if I may ask, how did you create this Crystal staff of Peace as you call it?  If you later fashioned it into a sword then we will need to either find it or possibly create another one.  

"If it's possible to share this knowledge then I ask that you do so with us.

"Any assistance you can provide can help to reduce the corruption of your legacy and further restore the memory of your name if you choose to help us."

Edited by Cartergame

Durrak has not left the room with the statue.  All his training in the Force is how to move objects and manipulate them. Any thing else was Jedi and Sith nonsense. Now he feels he must delve deeper

into the Force. He sits on the ground and begins to meditate by concentrating on the statue. 

On 6/24/2017 at 11:36 AM, aclarkbr90 said:

On his way back to his quarters, Worra stopped by the quarters of the newest member of the crew, Bennar [ @TheGuardian118 ]. "Doctor," said Worra, with an outstretched hand. "Welcome to the crew.:"

Worra paused for a moment, considering his decision carefully. "I've been thinking of a personal upgrade of sorts," Worra explained, as he passed his datapad to Bennar. "Things might get hairy down on Tython, and I want to be sure that I have an edge." 

Worra's datapad had an image of Athakam MedTech Cybernetic Eyes, Mod III. Worra knew that a single eye should do the trick. Athakam was renowned for the integration of a cybernetic eye with an organic one. The implants were typically grown from modified stim-cells, perfectly matching the patient's species. "If I purchase one, will you be able to install it? Recovery time is not a luxury that we have right now, so it would need to be quick, effective, and suitable for immediate use."

Bennar looks over the information on the datapad. Hmm, looks simple enough. Yeah, I think I could make this work. How soon are you looking to make this happen? Also, I've been looking over the medical facilities on this ship. If I'm going to call that home for a while I think we could do with some upgrades. Know anyone who could install a bacta tank or at least where we could get the supplies for one and install it ourselves? It would greatly speed up recovery in the off chance something went wrong during the operations. And by "Operations" I'm referring to both this surgery as well as the next mission.

(I'm not familiar with crafting in this system. What would the roll and difficulty be once you're ready to do it? I assume medicine.)

On 6/24/2017 at 2:10 PM, April said:

Basically ill allow you to use them as often as you can make a case for said skill

(Awesome, I'll think about it a little more and update my character sheet once I'm ready)

4 hours ago, jnrschulz said:

Durrak has not left the room with the statue.  All his training in the Force is how to move objects and manipulate them. Any thing else was Jedi and Sith nonsense. Now he feels he must delve deeper

into the Force. He sits on the ground and begins to meditate by concentrating on the statue. 

Durrak sees a battlefield..... what you presume to be King Floydd is smaller than his subordinates.... you get flashes of him trying to  convince his opponents to surrender... they refuse, he is merciless in victory.  Whole cities are put to the torch..... the statue remains dormant.... you however get this was a mercy that his enemies would torture those they dominated.. death it seems can be better if not by much.

Worra nodded to the Doctor. "Thanks," he said. "I'll put in the order."

Worra momentarily contemplated the Doctor's question. "Zatlin Corp. makes a decent field Bacta tank that is easily customizable to fit any ship. I'm sure we could procure one that suits the Hind's peculiarities. Just send in the order, and we should have a full medical bay up and running for you in no time."

The newly appointed Marshall headed back to his quarters to try to rest for the remainder of the trip. The horrors of Flerbos were behind him, but the Kel Dor was quite confident that Tython would have new horrors of its own.

55 minutes ago, aclarkbr90 said:

Worra nodded to the Doctor. "Thanks," he said. "I'll put in the order."

Worra momentarily contemplated the Doctor's question. "Zatlin Corp. makes a decent field Bacta tank that is easily customizable to fit any ship. I'm sure we could procure one that suits the Hind's peculiarities. Just send in the order, and we should have a full medical bay up and running for you in no time."

The newly appointed Marshall headed back to his quarters to try to rest for the remainder of the trip. The horrors of Flerbos were behind him, but the Kel Dor was quite confident that Tython would have new horrors of its own.

Thanks, I'll do that!

(Next time we have the opportunity I'd like to purchase a bacta tank for the ship.)

18 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Man, is he Sithed...

Don't need to deal with this, just yet. Besides... There is something I must do for myself, before this dream, too, dissipates like the fog. 

Astrid turns on her heel, more marching pivot than pirouette, and returns to her quarters. Dream still fresh in her head, she pulls the old Chiss guide from her small shelf of actual books. Uncertain what to expect, she self-consciously opens the book, seeking new meaning from its tattered pages.