April

Alchemical Problems IC RPG thread

Worra momentarily leaps to his feet, nearly spilling his celebratory glass of Corellian Whiskey. For a moment, Worra suspected he was going to have to have a crash course in engineering, if the ship had been hit by debris in hyperspace. 

Slowly realizing that the commotion was no more than a bit of tom-foolery between Yorik and a statue, he took his seat and began to drink again.

"Yorik, sounds like you've fallen victim to a parlor trick. They make all kinds of noise makers and prank-in-a-boxes at Flerbos. What you're looking at is probably a droid brain and a pinch of commercial-grade detonite. Probably an illegal use, though the vendor's surely been punished enough. Now wouldja turn the **** thing off?"

1 hour ago, aclarkbr90 said:

Worra momentarily leaps to his feet, nearly spilling his celebratory glass of Corellian Whiskey. For a moment, Worra suspected he was going to have to have a crash course in engineering, if the ship had been hit by debris in hyperspace. 

Slowly realizing that the commotion was no more than a bit of tom-foolery between Yorik and a statue, he took his seat and began to drink again.

"Yorik, sounds like you've fallen victim to a parlor trick. They make all kinds of noise makers and prank-in-a-boxes at Flerbos. What you're looking at is probably a droid brain and a pinch of commercial-grade detonite. Probably an illegal use, though the vendor's surely been punished enough. Now wouldja turn the **** thing off?"

"FOOOOOLISH MARSHALL. .. DO YOU NOT QUAKE  IN TERROR .... IN HORROR. .. OF THE STATUE... OF  HIGH KING FLOYDD OF THE SITH  .....OoOoOoOOooooOhhhhhhh...."  

it coughed. ... "Why isn't this working..... wait.... Technology....Not superstitious  then?? ... Fine... I'll ask normally. ... Why did you wake me up ?? "

5 hours ago, April said:

" WHOM DISTURBS MY SLUMBER!!!!!!" the statue shakes the entire ship

Durrak is woken up by a loud sound. Having nightmares about his youth so maybe not such a bad thing. He heads to the source of the sound. 

"Yorrik, what is going on ? " 

The Statue turns to face each newcomer... then returned to look at Yorrik....  "Hmmm I Sense ..... wait.....the SITH did WHAT?!?!??.... They did not learn then.... More is the shame " the statue looks like it shrinks 

" This is not Korriban, or Morriband as it was renamed... or even that ice ball... My people moved too... So Lightwalkers What do you intend? "

Astrid tries to maintain her composure, as the statue turns toward her. We intend to stop Lord Insanire, and his Acolyte of Screaming, from inflicting further terror. The Sith- force-users, not the race, mind you- have been responsible for much darkness, in our times. And yet we have just witnessed selfless action taken to aid us, by a True Sith. Perhaps you are inclined to help us in our endeavor, as well? Where are you taking us? It has been a peculiar day.

Yorik had been momentarily stunned by the sheer power of the Force behind that voice and remained silent while he tried to center himself using his mental excercises.  

"Greetings, O Sleeping One.  I did not mean to disturb your slumber.  In fact, I was unaware that there was a spirit within your statue and certainly do not mean to offend.  But, exactly what are you?" 

"Hmmmm, Lightwalkers?  That has a good sound to it.  I never thought about it that but I suppose it IS true... " Yorik looked around to the others and smiled.  "Yes, we are Lightwalkers, aren't we?"

Edited by Cartergame

9 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Astrid tries to maintain her composure, as the statue turns toward her. We intend to stop Lord Insanire, and his Acolyte of Screaming, from inflicting further terror. The Sith- force-users, not the race, mind you- have been responsible for much darkness, in our times. And yet we have just witnessed selfless action taken to aid us, by a True Sith. Perhaps you are inclined to help us in our endeavor, as well? Where are you taking us? It has been a peculiar day.

"HMMm I see...( after scanning your mind) I am not taking you anywhere... Young One... They Took my races name AND DID WHAT???!?? " the ship shakes but not as intense as before

8 hours ago, Cartergame said:

Yorik had been momentarily stunned by the sheer power of the Force behind that voice and remained silent while he tried to center himself using his mental excercises.  

"Greetings, O Sleeping One.  I did not mean to disturb your slumber.  In fact, I was unaware that there was a spirit within your statue and certainly do not mean to offend.  But, exactly what are you?" 

"Hmmmm, Lightwalkers?  That has a good sound to it.  I never thought about it that but I suppose it IS true... " Yorik looked around to the others and smiled.  "Yes, we are Lightwalkers, aren't we?"

" Fool!!!!!! Do you NOT NOTICE THE AWESOME POWER THAT IS KING FLOYDD " ( wait was that lightning inside??)

" Have you not heard the tales of How i United the Sith species, With temperance, wisdom, and Tactical prowess rather than Brewing junk and drinking it??.... Wait... i remember a sharp pain in the side... I WAS KILLED BY MY WIFE??... That is Not NICE......" ( again Lightning )

( He seems unaware what he is. And seems to be jumping in  between parts of his life.... )

(Meanwhile...... @TheShard Has discovered the ship has an AI, and while its Sentient, it seems unwilling or unable to talk, However it seems quite happy to pilot, And navigate for the crew)

Edited by April

Your awesome power is evidenced by the electrostatic discharges accompanying your words. Please permit your temperance and wisdom to prevail here, now. I doubt it's copacetic for a ship traveling through hyperspace. Chill the frak out! Frak! He probably just sensed that... Wonder if Worra has any Soothing Sith King music files..?

I am sorry to hear of the treachery surrounding your demise. While your benevolent reign, and ultimate assassination are recorded, such details have long been lost to the ages.

Have you an awareness of your current state? The nature of your manifestation? And have you awakened before?

Worra stood, surprised by the convincing nature of what he had moments ago presumed to be an AI. He collected himself, remembering not so long ago he was an aspiring diplomat. 

"Forgive me, your Lordship," said Worra. "Your species has a way of preserving the deceased? I am most impressed. The Sith you speak of. I had not realized that they were once a species. For now, they are a religious order that has no ties to one race or another. And they seek to upend the galactic order and the fledgling democracy that we have sought to establish."

Worra paused for a moment, considering Dr. Andunie's questions as well. "We are most interested in the wisdom of a King, and we would certainly be pleased to reciprocate if there is anything that we might do for you. I can only imagine what it might be like to have a deceased form bound to a statuette."

[Can we make a charm check to chill him out a bit and get him to open up?]

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

Your awesome power is evidenced by the electrostatic discharges accompanying your words. Please permit your temperance and wisdom to prevail here, now. I doubt it's copacetic for a ship traveling through hyperspace. Chill the frak out! Frak! He probably just sensed that... Wonder if Worra has any Soothing Sith King music files..?

I am sorry to hear of the treachery surrounding your demise. While your benevolent reign, and ultimate assassination are recorded, such details have long been lost to the ages.

Have you an awareness of your current state? The nature of your manifestation? And have you awakened before?

" Your words are Wise.. (he doesn't quite understand, but he senses through your concerns he should calm down)..

Hmmm I will temper my FURY!!! for now.... Wait are you not in my throneroom seeking council....the statue goes quiet.....

Some time ago there was this.... Person... he said I was a Statue and long dead... Perhaps this is true...from your thoughts it seems so... he attacked me with some laser chisel....  After that... I remember pieces.."

Astrid give me a bluff dice I'm guessing you want to hide the fact you'll give him too Zando.

1 hour ago, aclarkbr90 said:

Worra stood, surprised by the convincing nature of what he had moments ago presumed to be an AI. He collected himself, remembering not so long ago he was an aspiring diplomat. 

"Forgive me, your Lordship," said Worra. "Your species has a way of preserving the deceased? I am most impressed. The Sith you speak of. I had not realized that they were once a species. For now, they are a religious order that has no ties to one race or another. And they seek to upend the galactic order and the fledgling democracy that we have sought to establish."

Worra paused for a moment, considering Dr. Andunie's questions as well. "We are most interested in the wisdom of a King, and we would certainly be pleased to reciprocate if there is anything that we might do for you. I can only imagine what it might be like to have a deceased form bound to a statuette."

[Can we make a charm check to chill him out a bit and get him to open up?]

You can 3 purples....

" Minister Cormier can it truly be true?? My OLD friend.... You Know that Sith Alchemy can extend life....

Though Until I was stabbed... I had ruled for some time... Particularly due to contemplating the Life Energy....."

Edited by April

Description Cool/Charm/Deception to conceal intentions from Statue
Results

3eA+3eD: 3 successes, 1 advantage [3eA=S/S, A/A, S/A] [3eD=Th, -, Th]
a-s-s.pnga-a-a.pnga-s-a.pngd-th.pngd--.pngd-th.png

You have been liberated, at least to some extent. I assume you would like to help shape events, as you once did, so capably? Please tell us: What are your intentions, and how may we help one another. Your leadership and insight could greatly influence the outcome of our efforts, to oppose the newly arisen horrors we face.

Edited by Edgehawk

10 hours ago, Edgehawk said:
Description Cool/Charm/Deception to conceal intentions from Statue
Results

3eA+3eD: 3 successes, 1 advantage [3eA=S/S, A/A, S/A] [3eD=Th, -, Th]
a-s-s.pnga-a-a.pnga-s-a.pngd-th.pngd--.pngd-th.png

You have been liberated, at least to some extent. I assume you would like to help shape events, as you once did, so capably? Please tell us: What are your intentions, and how may we help one another. Your leadership and insight could greatly influence the outcome of our efforts, to oppose the newly arisen horrors we face.

"Hmmmm" the statue rumbled... (he starts going on about how he had the SITH try going from an aggressive, Hunter gather people into farming, infrastructure.. Things like that )..."I take it the Library was not built??...

The statue goes quiet for quite a while.... " This Acolyte you seek, the way he wants to destroy his master. You Could use this.... When I first United my Tribe.....before I was a King... I made a staff....it was Crystalline...I poured my hopes, my dreams and the Sense of peace I had from communing with the .... how would you call it..... Goodness?? . I feel that this Sword was later  shaped from it.... To fight a Snake... Sometimes you must find something even more aggressive.... Perhaps... you have this ??? "

Hmm... This whole situation is too wonky to be a ruse.. 

This sword is not in our possession. But we do seek it, with hope that it may facilitate our aims. We, too, seek peace for our people. To bring it, we must vanquish these enemies of civilization.

Can you tell us more of this Crystal Sword, King Floydd?

36 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Hmm... This whole situation is too wonky to be a ruse.. 

This sword is not in our possession. But we do seek it, with hope that it may facilitate our aims. We, too, seek peace for our people. To bring it, we must vanquish these enemies of civilization.

Can you tell us more of this Crystal Sword, King Floydd?

" I sense that it is... Hmm..... You seek to go to a planet called Tython?.... Theres Something there that may be of assistance....  Be warned I fear that You must not dally on this  Information excursion, This Insanire... He grows more powerful.... And Is already Close to Reaching it himself... "

" THUS THE WISDOM OF KING FLOYDD IS KNOWN!!!! "

Thank you, High King.

Zyi, Are we able to Astrogate directly to Tython? I'm really just not sure what our capabilities are, in this department, and had thought we might need to utilize some of the resources on Empress Teta. And I really have no idea how beautiful it is this, or any other, time of year... 

If we can manage without stopping, a strong case has been made for making haste to Tython, forthwith. Didn't you soup-up the hyperdrive, while we were hunting?

Zyi activates the com systems.

Yessum, I did. And well we got an artificial intelligence of sorts driving the ship, thought that was all the force ghost or whatever... This is weird, I can see what I can do about astrogating, frell this thing might do it for me!

( @April what's diff for that astro check?)

1 minute ago, TheShard said:

Zyi activates the com systems.

Yessum, I did. And well we got an artificial intelligence of sorts driving the ship, thought that was all the force ghost or whatever... This is weird, I can see what I can do about astrogating, frell this thing might do it for me!

( @April what's diff for that astro check?)

The ship will do it if you wish?

If Insanire is truly close to obtaining it for himself... let us head directly to Tython. We can seek further information there, at Kaleth, the Je'daii repository for knowledge. 

Which leaves me with just four hours to see what else I can find on our destination... 

@April (difficulty for Kaleth Temple location details, or any further information on the Crystal Sword)

Edited by Edgehawk

5 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

If Insanire is truly close to obtaining it for himself... let us head directly to Tython. We can seek further information there, at Kaleth, the Je'daii repository for knowledge. 

Which leaves me with just four hours to see what else I can find on our destination... 

@April (difficulty for Kaleth Temple location details, or any further information on the Crystal Sword)

How are you looking for it? Standard databases ?? If you explain how you search you might get some bonuses.

Okay everyone congratulations on finishing Episode 2....a whopping 20 xp each! (You'll need it)

So before you land you'll get met by a Cargoship which will take stuff back to Zando.

Astrid settles in at her terminal, prepared for another search, this time digging deep into her University's Je'daii history archives. The results from this far back tend to be pretty thin, but there might be something that can point me in the right direction... who the frak organized these archives... (realizes she had assisted in reorganizing some of the data, as an undergrad) I know this system. If what I need isn't here, I should at least be able to find a reference to another source..? Maybe this close to Empress Teta I can access the Great Library, or even surveys from the Navigator's Guild? 

Or maybe the answers are right here, under my nose? I'll check the Oble's database Zyi uploaded, too, just in case... I sound desperate. I'm not usually this frantic, am I? Not much time.. 

Okay, Astrid. Calm down. Now I'm talking to myself. Out loud. I don't need to give myself a pep talk- I just need to do this. This is what I do. Team's counting on me.  

Scrolling through the familiar network of the Bar'leth University Archaeological Archives, Astrid sorts through all the files she can find on the Je'daii temples of Tython. Anything at all on this Crystal Sword? or the Staff, even?

Edited by Edgehawk

Charming the Statue: 1eP+2eA+3eD 2 failures, 1 threat
p-a.pnga--.pnga-a.pngd-th-th.pngd-f.pngd-f-th.png

Oops, guess I insulted him a little. 

"Then again, a deposed monarch is not the best image for a Democracy," mused Worra, not realizing that his comments might be insulting. Despite his diplomatic training, Worra often lacked the tact required to get his way.