April

Alchemical Problems IC RPG thread

2 hours ago, TheShard said:

Well I upgraded it after the fact... It didn't exactly happen by choice. 

He looks over the shell thing looking over the circuitry for a control module.

Ok, so here's my idea, MedicMan here can sedate this thing, and help cut it off the ship. Astrid you might be able to figure out the xenology of this thng. I'm going to try and slice the control module. Hey any of you forcies get a read on it? Is their something in the shell or is it the shell, is it smart? Maybe you can detatch it yourself or get it to detach?

( @April what our options for checks and difficulties? I was just going to check either through obbles or holonet...)

Oble 1 red (zero purples) and a blue dice from Astrid

Holonet 1 purple 1red , and a blue dice from Astrid

Edited by April

15 hours ago, TheShard said:

Yeah, come with me, you'll get a chance to rest when we are in hyperspace... 

They make their way over to where the organic pod is connected to the hull.

Yea so weird right?? Frags this thing? Well it's not really mechanical so not really my bag, thought you might be able to do something... 

He laughs and scratches his chin.

...cause you gotta have dealt with starship tumors before eh?

Errr....this is a little out of my area of experience, but let me take a look. It looks fairly well attached there, I think we might need a proper dock to get it off, but maybe we can at least neutralize it so it can't do anything to the ship.

(What's the difficulty to try to remove it or render it inert? )

(Ill check both holonet and from oble's and I'd prefer using computers but I'll roll both that and knowledge just in case)

From oble's with a knowledge check:

Knowledge check: 1eC+4eA+1eB 3 successes, 2 advantage
c-th-th.pnga-s-s.pnga-a.pnga-s-a.pnga-a-a.pngb--.png

From holonet:

From holonet: 1eD+1eC+1eB+4eA 0 successes, 2 advantage
d-f-th.pngc-f-f.pngb-s.pnga-s.pnga-a-a.pnga-a.pnga-s.png

Holonet with computers:

From holonet: 1eD+1eC+1eB+2eA+2eP 2 failures, 4 advantage
d-th.pngc-f-f.pngb--.pnga-a-a.pnga-a.pngp-a-a.pngp--.png

Oble's with computer: 

1eC+1eB+2eA+2eP 3 successes, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
c-th-th.pngb-a.pnga-s.pnga--.pngp-tr.pngp-s.png

Edited by TheShard

43 minutes ago, TheShard said:

(Ill check both holonet and from oble's and I'd prefer using computers but I'll roll both that and knowledge just in case)

From oble's with a knowledge check:

Knowledge check: 1eC+4eA+1eB 3 successes, 2 advantage
c-th-th.pnga-s-s.pnga-a.pnga-s-a.pnga-a-a.pngb--.png

From holonet:

From holonet: 1eD+1eC+1eB+4eA 0 successes, 2 advantage
d-f-th.pngc-f-f.pngb-s.pnga-s.pnga-a-a.pnga-a.pnga-s.png

Holonet with computers:

From holonet: 1eD+1eC+1eB+2eA+2eP 2 failures, 4 advantage
d-th.pngc-f-f.pngb--.pnga-a-a.pnga-a.pngp-a-a.pngp--.png

Oble's with computer: 

1eC+1eB+2eA+2eP 3 successes, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
c-th-th.pngb-a.pnga-s.pnga--.pngp-tr.pngp-s.png

Obble has a long personal set of Research on the Sith Kings who once used a Form of force powers long before the rise of the Dark Lord's, these red skinned humanoids. We're just as brutal as the Dark Lords who took their name in later years.

One King, it was said tried to unite his people with peace and understanding, and while ruling for 50 years he was eventually 'assassinated', his name is now lost to the sands of Korriban. They again returned to their dark ways.

The statue could very well be the last piece of his existence... 

While your other research doesn't find much more, it's noted he wasn't actually buried, that his body simply disappeared... the Strange glyphs on the statue are Gree and point towards an asteroid on the border of Hutt space.

Edited by April

48 minutes ago, TheGuardian118 said:

Errr....this is a little out of my area of experience, but let me take a look. It looks fairly well attached there, I think we might need a proper dock to get it off, but maybe we can at least neutralize it so it can't do anything to the ship.

(What's the difficulty to try to remove it or render it inert? )

It's inert already, I'd say you need a 3purple medic check, and a three purple  craft to repair the hole? 

Guess I just needed an ace keyboard jockey, with a fresh set of eyes... and that was indelicate of me earlier. He'd already explained the origins of his cyberware...

Great finds, Zyi... 

The Gree were an ancient race... these glyphs... Hutt Space..? I guess we may as well add this rock to our itinerary?

20 hours ago, TheShard said:

@TheGuardian118 (I think that's your medical check first then I'll do the craft mechanical roll to fix ship.)

Well here goes nothing. I worked on a similar species once, well similar might be too strong of a word in this instance, but this drug applied right *here* should......yes there it goes, it's contracting now so it should be easy enough to remove once the size has reduced a little more. The full contraction should take about 15 minutes or so to take effect, but should last two to three hours which should give you plenty of time to work on the ship.

Medical check using Master Doctor to reduce difficulty:

Medical to fix ship -Master Doctor: 3eP+2eD 2 successes
p-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngd-th-th.pngd-th.png

This asteroid bordering Hutt space may well hold some answers, but my vote is for Tython, by way of Empress Teta.

I am biased, of course, but our encounter with the Acolyte has made clear that we need to avail ourselves of every available weapon. And obtaining the Kaeli Crystal Sword is pretty high on my to-do list.

The city-planet of Empress Teta is beautiful this time of year, and contains such cultural highlights as the Great Library of Cinnagar and its affiliated museums, as well as the compass-shaped tower of the Hyperspace Navigators Guildhouse. No, no. Don't try to contain your excitement.

Edited by Edgehawk

On 6/17/2017 at 6:24 AM, April said:

you heard of a dar tale of a evil hermit who stole the souls of children  the more you think of the Acolyte of screaming the more your mind drifts to the story

Durrak searches for the ship for Astrid (@edgehawk). He wants her to tell her the story of the evil hermit. Maybe it is just a story to scare kids, but after what the crew has done and seen maybe there is some truth in the story.

That is a dark tale. But then, what culture does not have its parables, warning the children: Beware the hermit in the hills, the loner down the lane. Fear the recluse in the desert, the witch in the wood. The Zieson Sha, in particular, were an isolationist sect... had stories of Jedi child-snatchers, which were probably not too far from the truth...

The catch is, some of the tales are true. Thank you for sharing this with me, Durrak. You hail from Yanibar? I will seek deeper into this stealer of children's souls. Perhaps we will discover the mysterious origins of our Miraluka abomination, this Acolyte of Screaming. 

Once the Hind is underway again, heading for the Deep Core, Astrid retires to her room. Sleeping fitfully (thanks for the bedtime story, Durrak), she arises early and begins searching for any information she might be able to uncover regarding their enemy's origins. (Lore check difficulty @April)

Once the Ship was underway again and safely moving through Hyperspace, Yorik stepped away from the pilot's seat and grabbed a bottle of blue milk before he hesitantly decided to try something.  

If Mr. Zando wanted this strange statue with the blue gem eyes and it was purported to be some kind of Sith Artifact then perhaps there was something that it could do to help them deal with Lord Insanire and the Acolyte.  Besides, I've never heard of a good Sith before and this was from that short period of time.  

I wonder what would happen if I tried to sense it with the Force, Yorik thought... 

What's the worst that could happen?

Description Force Roll to Sense the Statue
Results 1eF: 1 Light Side [1eF=LS]
f-ls.png

Edited by Cartergame

6 hours ago, Cartergame said:

Once the Ship was underway again and safely moving through Hyperspace, Yorik stepped away from the pilot's seat and grabbed a bottle of blue milk before he hesitantly decided to try something.  

If Mr. Zando wanted this strange statue with the blue gem eyes and it was purported to be some kind of Sith Artifact then perhaps there was something that it could do to help them deal with Lord Insanire and the Acolyte.  Besides, I've never heard of a good Sith before and this was from that short period of time.  

I wonder what would happen if I tried to sense it with the Force, Yorik thought... 

What's the worst that could happen?

Description Force Roll to Sense the Statue
Results 1eF: 1 Light Side [1eF=LS]
f-ls.png

" WHOM DISTURBS MY SLUMBER!!!!!!" the statue shakes the entire ship

Edited by April

7 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

That is a dark tale. But then, what culture does not have its parables, warning the children: Beware the hermit in the hills, the loner down the lane. Fear the recluse in the desert, the witch in the wood. The Zieson Sha, in particular, were an isolationist sect... had stories of Jedi child-snatchers, which were probably not too far from the truth...

The catch is, some of the tales are true. Thank you for sharing this with me, Durrak. You hail from Yanibar? I will seek deeper into this stealer of children's souls. Perhaps we will discover the mysterious origins of our Miraluka abomination, this Acolyte of Screaming. 

Once the Hind is underway again, heading for the Deep Core, Astrid retires to her room. Sleeping fitfully (thanks for the bedtime story, Durrak), she arises early and begins searching for any information she might be able to uncover regarding their enemy's origins. (Lore check difficulty @April)

The hind seems to somehow be attuned to the whims of the crew.. It departs once they are all settled in

Something very odd is going on with the ship since The cube containing the old jedi master was taken

( also  im sorry for my posting of late these pills im taking are kicking my behind...)

Edited by April

Astrid is still trying to find a lead on the Acolyte, when she hears the deep rumbling of an unfamiliar voice, nearly shaking her out of her chair.

Guys, What the frak? Anyone got eyes on the prize? I'm heading for the hold, now. Up, up all hands. If this is what I think it is, things just got a lot more interesting. And they were already interesting. 

34 minutes ago, TheShard said:

...the frell was that? I'm gonna run a diagnostic! ( @April diff?)

Regarding the voice? Its not electronic... You can check why the ship seems to work without  Sar though which would be 4 purples

21 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Astrid is still trying to find a lead on the Acolyte, when she hears the deep rumbling of an unfamiliar voice, nearly shaking her out of her chair.

Guys, What the frak? Anyone got eyes on the prize? I'm heading for the hold, now. Up, up all hands. If this is what I think it is, things just got a lot more interesting. And they were already interesting. 

" I SAID MISSY, WHOM DISTURBS MY SLUMBER!!!!"