Jump to content
April

Alchemical Problems IC RPG thread

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, April said:

" Alright, Lets get this Clear , I'm under cover for the Republic security Services....

Why would a Republic operative break cover in front of me? Truly just to save this fop we dragged in from an awful death? Perhaps. If this "Athrizan" is really with the Security Services, there is more at stake here, behind the scenes. 

Astrid is not sure she would have taken the same risk, in his place, but she admires the sheer audacity of the play. She smiles to herself, recalling the clumsy attempt to recruit her on campus, shortly after she began in Zando's service... The handler they sent was cute, though... maybe I should have at least taken the bait? Thoughts for another time.

Astrid's background in anthropology sometimes helps her to see the big picture, even when she cannot grasp the significance of all the constituent details.

I'm going to roll with this, for now. Either Zando is in on it, or there is good reason he is not. These events must all be connected... What about Felucia?

Well! Wouldn't want to be sticks in the mud, would we guys? 

If we're going to be doing a lot of these tag-and-bag missions, I'd like to requisition an 87-RM Scout Collector. It's basically a hovering dumpster with grapple arms, but it has cryogenic storage capabilities. My droid has worked with one before, and it would fit in the Hind's hold.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

Why would a Republic operative break cover in front of me? Truly just to save this fop we dragged in from an awful death? Perhaps. If this "Athrizan" is really with the Security Services, there is more at stake here, behind the scenes. 

Astrid is not sure she would have taken the same risk, in his place, but she admires the sheer audacity of the play. She smiles to herself, recalling the clumsy attempt to recruit her on campus, shortly after she began in Zando's service... The handler they sent was cute, though... maybe I should have at least taken the bait? Thoughts for another time.

Astrid's background in anthropology sometimes helps her to see the big picture, even when she cannot grasp the significance of all the constituent details.

I'm going to roll with this, for now. Either Zando is in on it, or there is good reason he is not. These events must all be connected... What about Felucia?

Well! Wouldn't want to be sticks in the mud, would we guys? 

If we're going to be doing a lot of these tag-and-bag missions, I'd like to requisition an 87-RM Scout Collector. It's basically a hovering dumpster with grapple arms, but it has cryogenic storage capabilities. My droid has worked with one before, and it would fit in the Hind's hold.

 

"done, though it will be calibrated to handle objects carefully..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Sounds good," Yorik agreed.  But, his attention was focused on the monitor as he kept replaying the video.  

"Just to be clear, we're going to Flerbos after the rancor to SUBDUE.  Not KILL.  Then, we're also going after a "Kull" and that other thing with the circular mouth as well?  & then we're going to stop by Oble's Collections to retrieve a rare and fancy item for Mr. Zando.  Is that everything?  

Would you recommend that we also stop by Korriban as well and possibly search for the terrorist responsible for the devastation on New Taris?  Or, is that a side job for us to take care on our time?"

 

Yorik was wondering if Korriban was on the western side of the Hyperspace lanes but he had forgotten to ask Shard more details about it while they were onboard the Hind.  Perhaps they might be able to swing by after they completed their mission.  He also intended to see if Shard could rig a few modifications to his gear since they were hunting such a BIG and deadly target.

Edited by Cartergame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cartergame said:

"Sounds good," Yorik agreed.  But, his attention was focused on the monitor as he kept replaying the video.  

"Just to be clear, we're going to Flerbos after the rancor to SUBDUE.  Not KILL.  Then, we're also going after a "Kull" and that other thing with the circular mouth as well?  & then we're going to stop by Oble's Collections to retrieve a rare and fancy item for Mr. Zando.  Is that everything?  

Would you recommend that we also stop by Korriban as well and possibly search for the terrorist responsible for the devastation on New Taris?  Or, is that a side job for us to take care on our time?"

 

Yorik was wondering if Korriban was on the western side of the Hyperspace lanes but he had forgotten to ask Shard more details about it while they were onboard the Hind.  Perhaps they might be able to swing by after they completed their mission.  He also intended to see if Shard could rig a few modifications to his gear since they were hunting such a BIG and deadly target.

(ooc: going to Korriban now probably requires armed escort, there is  a huge station guarding it, also the Hind doesn't yet have a cloak) 

" Go to Empire territory?, without Protection?, How about you just go to Zoist and waste more money! " he snaps!

 

" oh one more thing see if you can track down that shell Hutt... He hasn't paid a large hotel bill! "

 

 

Edited by April

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"You want us to hunt down Gratho?  He's probably doing everything in his power to confiscate the holdings of his rival, Gonothar, that just got eaten on New Taris.    But, sure thing... If you say so... Will this be paid separate from our mission to Flerbos?  

Also, thanks again for the opportunity to work with you.  I appreciate your professionalism and look forward to another successful mission."

Yorik looked around the office at his team mates and smiled then stood.  "If we're all agreed, then let's go grab a few items that would help us on this mission!  We're going RANCOR HUNTING!!! (<-- Ep 2 Title!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2017 at 5:06 AM, April said:

You see a picture of kull on the monitor, as well as a floating creature in black that only has a oval fangled mouth it screams and the camera cuts off

(What difficulty for a Xenology check?)

Quote

For you three purples... though you feel he's been altered, genetically or surgically from the original species.

http://orokos.com/roll/508867

Character Edgehawk
Campaign AP
Description Xenology
Results 3eA+1eP+2eB+3eD: 4 successes, 2 advantage [3eA=S/S, A/A, S] [1eP=S/A] [2eB=-, S/A] [3eD=Th, Th, F]
a-s-s.pnga-a-a.pnga-s.pngp-s-a.pngb--.pngb-s-a.pngd-th.pngd-th.pngd-f.png
Edited by Edgehawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

(What difficulty for a Xenology check?)

For you three purples... though you feel he's been altered, genetically or surgically from the original species.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Cartergame said:

"You want us to hunt down Gratho?  He's probably doing everything in his power to confiscate the holdings of his rival, Gonothar, that just got eaten on New Taris.    But, sure thing... If you say so... Will this be paid separate from our mission to Flerbos?  

Also, thanks again for the opportunity to work with you.  I appreciate your professionalism and look forward to another successful mission."

Yorik looked around the office at his team mates and smiled then stood.  "If we're all agreed, then let's go grab a few items that would help us on this mission!  We're going RANCOR HUNTING!!! (<-- Ep 2 Title!)

You gotta love the way Yorik throws himself into situations so cheerfully.

"This Sith menace needs to be stopped but if we must do this first."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jnrschulz said:

You gotta love the way Yorik throws himself into situations so cheerfully.

"This Sith menace needs to be stopped but if we must do this first."

gilt waves his hand " Im sure some " jedi " will come along and fix that. You were hired to contain or neutralize these beasts ..."

Sar  speaks to all, as if your hearing him speak next to you " we must follow the leads... I am sure that we will find this Lord  Insanire, we must be patient... "

 

gilt does not hear 

 

17 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

(What difficulty for a Xenology check?)

http://orokos.com/roll/508867

Character Edgehawk
Campaign AP
Description Xenology
Results 3eA+1eP+2eB+3eD: 4 successes, 2 advantage [3eA=S/S, A/A, S] [1eP=S/A] [2eB=-, S/A] [3eD=Th, Th, F]
a-s-s.pnga-a-a.pnga-s.pngp-s-a.pngb--.pngb-s-a.pngd-th.pngd-th.pngd-f.png

your fairly sure it was a Mirikula... at some point, what it is now... you can only surmise is a mix of alchemy and technology creating this thing.... it sends shivers down your spine... 

 

( you get one blue dice each but only one and only dealing with this acolyte. it can be used however you like. )

 

 

 

 

Edited by April

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yorik waits until they leave the offices of Mr. Zando and return to the Golden Hind to discuss strategies and formulate a plan.  He's strangely disturbed by a vision that he had after inquiring about the Hutt, Gathro. 

(You get an image of Gathro's head mounted on a spike.... The disturbing voice, laughing.

 

You feel that the location is where you're being sent.... The Shell Hutts are known for being ruthless to those who hurt their own outside of ritual combat...)

 

"Guys," Yorik said to the group, I've got the strangest feeling that Gathro may be a part of this next mission in ways other than what we might expect."

Edited by Cartergame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Returning to the Hind, Astrid gets started checking into the disturbing creature she viewed at the briefing. Inputting the observed characteristics, she was quickly able to narrow the possibilities, but the creature hadn't quite looked like anything she'd encountered before. Ultimately, there was just enough likeness to make an educated guess: Miraluka... that thing was Near-Human at one point, however distant from those origins it might be now... Force-sensitive as a species, they lacked optical organs, and saw only through the force...

From elsewhere in the yacht, she can hear Yorik's ebullient voice above the others, going on about some Heroes of Hoth holo. Evidently the Alliance had managed to harpoon Imperial walkers, and tangle them up with speeders... Kriffing hell... I have to get in there... this is their plan for the Rancor?

Boys will be boys. They sound so eager, but surely they're scared, too? I don't know that much about Rancors, really... Initiating a new search on the terminal in her cabin, she soon discovers that she really didn't want to know that much about Rancors. Not encouraging: the only Rancor Hunter she could find was an arcade game at the Raging Rancor Cantina on Genarius. But there must be a weakness, right? Something useful I can bring to the table? Ah, here we are... Institute of Xenozoology archives.

Hmm... poor eyesight... only very basic auditory capabilities... picks up only low-frequencies... the Rancor relies on its keen sense of smell, and ground tremors to catch its prey! Now that's something we can use! Concussion grenades, and maybe some sort of gas or powder to obscure its olfactory senses... Okay, now I'll join the boys.

Guys, I have something that might be helpful with the Rancor. It seems it depends mostly on smell, and sensing vibrations caused by movement around it- otherwise, very poor vision and hearing, compared to our own. If we can disrupt these senses, we can effectively blind it. 

Some of these tactics may also be of assistance to us, in capturing the other creature. I've linked it to the Miraluka, a near-human species which lacks ocular organs, and sees only through the force- obviously what we saw deviated greatly from the original. Create enough chaos around it, and we may be able to nab it.

So tell me now, the story where you're all ace pilots, and crack shots with a harpoon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"This is great information, Doc!" Yorik exclaimed and then smiled. 

"It's definitely helpful considering that everything I know about rancors is that they're practically invulnerable. 

I figured that we would focus on drugging the thing as much as possible rather than trying to pierce through its hide.  

Obviously, we fight it from a distance and do everything we can to pin it down first and then knock it out while it's stuck.

Knowing now it's vulnerabilities, we can hit it repeatedly with flash-bangs to keep it disoriented and deafened.  We drop stink bombs as well so it can't track us and then with speederbikes we can move quickly around it to keep from getting hit.  

Shard, 1 or both of us harpoons it and sweeps around it in circles.  We work to keep it between both of us at a safe distance.  I imagine Durrak has a great throwing arm since he's a master of the disc blade.  So, he and Worra can keep lobbing grenades to keep it dazed and disoriented.  Our two docs keep dosing the beast with tranqs from a safe distance until it's lights out.  

The buddy system will be in place and we each have a partner for backup in case things go haywire.

If the mirikulun shows up at the same time then we'll just use the same plan for now and hit it with sound, stink, and stickies until it surrenders also.

So, that's plan #1.  Let's hear some other options?"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, good. Astrid is relieved that there is a bit more substance to the plan than flying circles around the Rancor.

One thing, though... (turning to the other "doc") Doctor... Hightower?

This might fall more under your area of expertise? If a Rancor can shrug off blaster fire, what tranqs are going to penetrate its thick hide? The eyes are small, and would present an extremely difficult target... Oral? I suppose its mouth might present an easier target, when it's open at least?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Actually, the darts just need to penetrate into the skin to get into its bloodstream. Back when I was running security on Colony LV-426, we'd go hunting & tagging for chargreks for the colonial xenobiologist.  

They were heavily armored but we could still use a modified Model 77 Airgun because the vets told us that once the darts get into the hide no matter how thick its about getting the anaesthetic into the bloodstream. 

Even though the hide is thick it still would have a capillary system to supply it.  If it were a shell it would be a different story...  At least, that's what I understood as they explained it to me."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Cartergame said:

"Actually, the darts just need to penetrate into the skin to get into its bloodstream. Back when I was running security on Colony LV-426, we'd go hunting & tagging for chargreks for the colonial xenobiologist.  

They were heavily armored but we could still use a modified Model 77 Airgun because the vets told us that once the darts get into the hide no matter how thick its about getting the anaesthetic into the bloodstream. 

Even though the hide is thick it still would have a capillary system to supply it.  If it were a shell it would be a different story...  At least, that's what I understood as they explained it to me."

 

 

Wow. Yorik really knows his weapons- not just the stuff any soldier would know, but even the most peripheral details... makes sense. One of the most important aspects of any trade is acquiring the right tool for the job, and knowing how to apply it; another is improvising, if the right tool isn't available, or doesn't suit current needs.

I don't have much experience with rifles, and I suspect a Rancor will require a heftier dose than a conventional tranq dart might administer. What are some other options, along this same line of thought? 

Yorik continues, listing a few other options, naming their pros and cons.

This Saberdart... you say it could be knee-mounted, attached to my A/KT armor? Perhaps not the best attachment point for accuracy, but I should still be able to hit the broad side of a Rancor... Did Zyi mention something about compiling a wishlist? I'll take two, please! The Airgun sounds like it might achieve greater penetration, which could result in quicker onset time? Maybe you could obtain one for yourself? 

There was something else, too... running security... hunting... Oh- I don't know how effective they'd be against a Rancor, but they might help wear it down- we used to set these electro-snares around our expedition encampments. They're small, cheap, and easy to set- we'd just need an idea which way it was coming from, prior to setting them. I know there are beast calls, and chem lures, but you're probably more familiar with them than I am?

 

16 hours ago, April said:

At the spaceport the Crew receives a visitor... Looks like its that Ithorian who gave the crew some lip earlier in the adventure " awwight you Nurf 'urders, what ya did to me droid! ..." 

Hi. I don't believe we've met in person. I am Doctor Astrid Andunie. (extends hand) Your droid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Wow. Yorik really knows his weapons- not just the stuff any soldier would know, but even the most peripheral details... makes sense. One of the most important aspects of any trade is acquiring the right tool for the job, and knowing how to apply it; another is improvising, if the right tool isn't available, or doesn't suit current needs.

I don't have much experience with rifles, and I suspect a Rancor will require a heftier dose than a conventional tranq dart might administer. What are some other options, along this same line of thought? 

Yorik continues, listing a few other options, naming their pros and cons.

This Saberdart... you say it could be knee-mounted, attached to my A/KT armor? Perhaps not the best attachment point for accuracy, but I should still be able to hit the broad side of a Rancor... Did Zyi mention something about compiling a wishlist? I'll take two, please! The Airgun sounds like it might achieve greater penetration, which could result in quicker onset time? Maybe you could obtain one for yourself? 

There was something else, too... running security... hunting... Oh- I don't know how effective they'd be against a Rancor, but they might help wear it down- we used to set these electro-snares around our expedition encampments. They're small, cheap, and easy to set- we'd just need an idea which way it was coming from, prior to setting them. I know there are beast calls, and chem lures, but you're probably more familiar with them than I am?

 

Hi. I don't believe we've met in person. I am Doctor Astrid Andunie. (extends hand) Your droid?

(ooc: your aware of this guy, your handler  would mention about a Certain Ithorian who would literally poke his nose into everything, Hes  fairly high up in Zando corp, but hes more a nuisance than actually useful. why he hasn't been fired or terminated is Unknown... He calls himself Mr Finch )

(please note  im writing how he speaks  )

" Mi Droid... , I fort you loot 'unters Zandow boverd wiv' we're smart... I went to use Em to call you burks aaand Nuffink what did ya do to it!?! "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Your Droid is just fine, someone must of put a restraining bolt on, which begs the question what did you do to your droid that requires a restraining bolt?

 

Yes I'm compiling a list currently pf appropriate gear, should be done shortly (Occ, will finish it tonight).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheShard said:

 Your Droid is just fine, someone must of put a restraining bolt on, which begs the question what did you do to your droid that requires a restraining bolt?

 

Yes I'm compiling a list currently pf appropriate gear, should be done shortly (Occ, will finish it tonight).

 

 

he gives shard an odd look " Oi You, Im the Baws ere' Understand, featherface? ... THE BAWS!, I do tha Questions  you do the answers! "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheShard said:

Alrighty....BOSS!!

Glad your the one ultimately held responsible for the outcome of this mission, would hate to have all that on my shoulders... Phew! Glad I'm just a peon!

 

It seems your answer has shocked him into a realisation that, in taking responsibility.... The deaths on New Taris are now his responsibility... All of a sudden... he decides to make a quick exit before the local authorities...who just heard him take responsibility for the multiple losses ... lock him up " Ill be back..... nerf Urders!....." he says over his shoulder..

 

Well have 5xp everyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2017 at 11:28 AM, April said:

gilt waves his hand " Im sure some " jedi " will come along and fix that. You were hired to contain or neutralize these beasts ..."

Sar  speaks to all, as if your hearing him speak next to you " we must follow the leads... I am sure that we will find this Lord  Insanire, we must be patient... "

 

gilt does not hear 

 

 

Durrak goes quiet for a moment and then addresses the group "I am going to pick up some supplies and then return to the ship. I will see you all then."

Quote

 

 

 

 

Edited by jnrschulz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...