Jump to content
April

Alchemical Problems IC RPG thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, aclarkbr90 said:

Worra drew his comlink and spoke calmly into it. "Mr. Kolmoeir, I would appreciate if you would pipe down a bit. If you recall, you have been arrested for the many crimes that you have committed, both through your service to Gonothar and through your own misdoings. Those poor souls you led to their deaths in the slave pits. The pirates that you employer throughout the system, pillaging, ******, murdering whomever didn't pay bribes to Gonothar. Propping up the spice trade. And carrying out Gonothar's most grotesque whims. Not to mention your own transgressions, many of which were well documented in the network that my friend Mr. Ux so kindly investigated. No, Mr. Kolmoeir, we have not violated you or your rights. This was brought upon you by only yourself. Remember, Zenith, no crime goes unpunished."

" Arrested Meeee!!!! ... ( its that guy who was formerly a Rakghoul, ) Oh so now you just Pipe down... And do as your Better tells you to! Hmph!... I am Lord Crumbleberry!, Yes indeed... Me some lowlife thug. Yes i might enjoy the odd bought of Fisticuffs but... accusing me of mass murder... my word.... And another thing where is my Timepiece! "

 

Sar says..." I never thought i actively wanted to eject somebody out of  an air lock..... "

 

" you Voice shut up.. I never gave you permission to talk"

 

it cuts of but you get the impression the argument between them has not really started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, April said:

Its genuine.. Zando will want it.. now.. like get back now.

Uhhh... Gents, this stick here is the real deal. Zando's gonna want this immediately, without exposing it to further risk. This is what we came for.

I find myself strangely willing to finish the rest of this little side-adventure with you guys- it's right up my alley, in fact- but not before I deliver this into Mr Zando's hands personally. 

(I glossed over the details of my arrival- but I assume there isn't someone waiting with the engine running)?

 

Edited by Edgehawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Uhhh... Gents, this stick here is the real deal. Zando's gonna want this immediately, without exposing it to further risk. This is what we came for.

I find myself strangely willing to finish the rest of this little side-adventure with you guys- it's right up my alley, in fact- but not before I deliver this into Mr Zando's hands personally. 

(I glossed over the details of my arrival- but I assume there isn't someone waiting with the engine running)?

 

You came in a pod, a one way shuttle basically.

 

You never deal with Zando, nobody has ever seen him, everybody deals with his lackeys.

 

your contact is a Munn named : Strevious the Observer

 

You were told to get them to return for debriefing.

 

Also, people might notice the air is really warm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, April said:

Also, people might notice the air is really warm 

Are things warming up in here, or is it just me? 

(feels walls with the back of her hand).

(any strange sounds, smells, sensations)?

Edited by Edgehawk
additional query

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yorik and the others headed outside to get some fresh air and to begin their task of returning to Mr. Zando for their debriefing.  Yorik still felt strange but knew that his predicament could be sorted out back on board the Golden Hind.  He walked carefully outside with the others and continued to monitor his HUD for any unusual changes or life forms in the vicinity.

Yorik responded in a voice much more light hearted than how he felt, "Actually, I feel a chill so I'm thankful for the sudden warmth.  But, something tells me I'll come to regret saying that..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, April said:

Sar  Tells you how to cleanse the place ( Basically Find a light sided relic and put it in the same room, it will balance out the darkness, for now simply don't let anybody   touch it and they should be okay )  but your mind .... Hes not sure. He can keep an eye on you but  without mindwiping your experiences for the last few days hes not sure how.

 

OOC: @TheShard @aclarkbr90 @Cartergame @Edgehawk @jnrschulz  

 

on the com you hear this 

" You... You there... You Clothes stealing whipersnapers.... Is this thing on!!!.... You come back here Right now and take me IMMEDIATELEY to... to... MY estate yes.... Ill have you know I have Friends.... yes indeed... Oh stripping me nude and then gaging me ill have you all ... Flayed... yes ... Harshly indeed.. Locking me in a CELL ill have you all ... Well i dont know... " 

 

 Sar adds "Please shut him up... I think the wookie will rip his legs off "

Are the crystals the curator gave us Light Side? I will try to use those to balance the Force in the room."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"My apologies, Lord Crumbleberry. I had mistook you for our prisoner. No, Lord Crumbleberry, you are a welcome guest. I know you do not recall, but you were rescued from an uncomfortable predicament. Sar Agorn, could you be sure that he receives some clothes? No need to wait upon him, but at least give him some decency."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jnrschulz said:

Are the crystals the curator gave us Light Side? I will try to use those to balance the Force in the room."

The pouch? It contains bone shards inscribed with runes. I haven't deciphered the inscriptions yet, but they may provide clues, if they are aligned with a certain aspect of the force. 

 

Quote

Yorik responded in a voice much more light hearted than how he felt, "Actually, I feel a chill so I'm thankful for the sudden warmth.  But, something tells me I'll come to regret saying that..."

Queries scout droid, via comlink:  SPY-D, Any unusual activity topside, outside the temple? Quit twiddling your legs and send me a report. (checks datapad)

 ScoutCollectorSurveyor-EotEEtU

(SPY-D is the Wanderer Scout Surveyor Droid in the foreground, not the hovering dumpster)

http://swsheets.com/c/hfvzhp2cl-spy-d-sorosuub-

 

Edited by Edgehawk
remembered my recalcitrant droid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheShard said:

 Hey sorry... Got distracted, I miss anything?

Well... I obtained what I came here for, but it wasn't exactly a feel-good moment.

I need you to take a crack at this data slab, once we're back at the ship. 

Quote

@April: Does Astrid also have a card for expenses, and if so, what is she authorized to spend?

 

Edited by Edgehawk
GM Query

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Are things warming up in here, or is it just me? 

(feels walls with the back of her hand).

(any strange sounds, smells, sensations)?

its fairy quiet.

19 hours ago, jnrschulz said:

Are the crystals the curator gave us Light Side? I will try to use those to balance the Force in the room."

they have no affinity either way.

 

18 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

The pouch? It contains bone shards inscribed with runes. I haven't deciphered the inscriptions yet, but they may provide clues, if they are aligned with a certain aspect of the force. 

 

Queries scout droid, via comlink:  SPY-D, Any unusual activity topside, outside the temple? Quit twiddling your legs and send me a report. (checks datapad)

 ScoutCollectorSurveyor-EotEEtU

(SPY-D is the Wanderer Scout Surveyor Droid in the foreground, not the hovering dumpster)

http://swsheets.com/c/hfvzhp2cl-spy-d-sorosuub-

 

None spotted , situation nominal.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, aclarkbr90 said:

"My apologies, Lord Crumbleberry. I had mistook you for our prisoner. No, Lord Crumbleberry, you are a welcome guest. I know you do not recall, but you were rescued from an uncomfortable predicament. Sar Agorn, could you be sure that he receives some clothes? No need to wait upon him, but at least give him some decency."

" i gave him some and i quote : you expect me to dress like a poor person are you  barking? !"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well, let's get out of here and get back to Mr. Zand!  I've a feeling we'll get a bonus for a job done well and we'll also probably receive our next mission as well."  Yorik moved with a purpose.  Ready to get out of the temple, back to the Golden Hind, and far away from the ominous Voice in his head that now seemed to be haunting him.

Light Side artifacts, he wondered.  Sar Agorn, where in the galaxy would we find Light Side artifacts to counter balance the Dark Side that I felt within that place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worra collected his droids and made his way back to his speeder. "Yes, Mr. Zando. I'd be interested in meeting his representative. I'd quite like to know what interests him so about this star system."

Worra leaves the curator with the contact information for one of his associates in the New Taris Order administration who can hopefully help guide him through the application process for grants or with officially registering the ruins as a protected site. "Let her know that Worra Kokru put you in touch. I'm sure she will be able to help you," Worra explained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, aclarkbr90 said:

Worra collected his droids and made his way back to his speeder. "Yes, Mr. Zando. I'd be interested in meeting his representative. I'd quite like to know what interests him so about this star system."

Worra leaves the curator with the contact information for one of his associates in the New Taris Order administration who can hopefully help guide him through the application process for grants or with officially registering the ruins as a protected site. "Let her know that Worra Kokru put you in touch. I'm sure she will be able to help you," Worra explained.

If you are going to speak with the Curator now, before we depart, please give him this.*  I do not believe he wishes to see me again, at the moment, nor would he accept this pittance from me. Tell him it is from a local discretionary fund, or something. 

Quote

* I hand Worra a pouch containing credit chips, equal to 1000 credits. 

Quickly, now, while I'm still young and idealistic.   

Astrid gives a wink, and a wry smile, her eyes betraying an older expression than one might expect in such a young woman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yorik headed back to the Golden Hind and spent his time running through his various weapon katas and martial training exercises to help him clear his head.  He also spoke with Sar Agorn to see what else he could do to keep the Voice at bay.  

Also, he was curious about the lightsaber they had taken from Imo Kul so he attempted to use it in some of his blade katas in the loading hangar.  

The weight of the weapon was almost nonexistent apart from the hilt yet it pulsed and burned with the intensity of a plasma torch and nearly blinded him several times.  He also burned himself several times in a painful lesson of learning where his flesh came into the slightest contact with the blade.  Fortunately, he was a tough enough and skilled enough warrior that he didn't make too many mistakes familiarizing himself with the weapon and didn't lose any limbs or fingers at any point during his training session.  (OOC: I took Toughened for +2 Wounds in Enforcer)

Also,  Yorik smiled fondly in his memories of Irina and their time together.  He practiced the quick draw techniques that she taught him during those few quiet hours after they survived the floor collapse and also before he and the others went searching for Cletus and their assault on the palace.  He would make it a point to see her again sometime soon when they weren't facing imminent death. (Also, OOC: I took Uncanny Reactions and Quick Draw in Force Sensitive)

"For now though, we have to make it back to see Mr. Zando and deliver his artifacts to him." Yorik mused while working through his Dantooine Battle Stance Kata # 14.  "Just One problem that I need to remember to ask others who are smarter than me... Who collects Sith Artifacts?  Knowing now, that they feel as dark and evil as they do?  Who would want that anywhere near them much less gathered together in a collection?"

Edited by Cartergame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cartergame said:

Yorik headed back to the Golden Hind and spent his time running through his various weapon katas and martial training exercises to help him clear his head.  He also spoke with Sar Agorn to see what else he could do to keep the Voice at bay.  

Also, he was curious about the lightsaber they had taken from Imo Kul so he attempted to use it in some of his blade katas in the loading hangar.  

The weight of the weapon was almost nonexistent apart from the hilt yet it pulsed and burned with the intensity of a plasma torch and nearly blinded him several times.  He also burned himself several times in a painful lesson of learning where his flesh came into the slightest contact with the blade.  Fortunately, he was a tough enough and skilled enough warrior that he didn't make too many mistakes familiarizing himself with the weapon and didn't lose any limbs or fingers at any point during his training session.  (OOC: I took Toughened for +2 Wounds in Enforcer)

Also,  Yorik smiled fondly in his memories of Irina and their time together.  He practiced the quick draw techniques that she taught him during those few quiet hours after they survived the floor collapse and also before he and the others went searching for Cletus and their assault on the palace.  He would make it a point to see her again sometime soon when they weren't facing imminent death. (Also, OOC: I took Uncanny Reactions and Quick Draw in Force Sensitive)

"For now though, we have to make it back to see Mr. Zando and deliver his artifacts to him." Yorik mused while working through his Dantooine Battle Stance Kata # 14.  "Just One problem that I need to remember to ask others who are smarter than me... Who collects Sith Artifacts?  Knowing now, that they feel as dark and evil as they do?  Who would want that anywhere near them much less gathered together in a collection?"

a lightsaber requires years of training to use correctly... You think you can master it given time but you might need correct instruction.

Sar invites you into his sanctum   he points out some basic Lightsaber  Moves but warns you, You will become a target.

 

" So you heard the Voice of Somebody or something?" ... He needed access to the main or backup archives.. "This voice feels familiar....  But you cant go unprotected." A switch flips and he gives you something " my first apprentice was a shy Human girl who Became blind.. Due to a particularly cruel Sith. I gave her this sash ....It is yours now. It will link you to me... And while i might not be able to shut the voice down yet, i can prevent it from getting too bad. Be careful young one "

" looks like we will be going to Tython to find those records.. I hope you are ready! "

Edited by April

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheShard said:

 When Zyi gets back to the Golden Hind he eagerly gets to work on the tablet.  He gingerly turns it over examining it for marks, engravings or inputs, ports etc.

 

(Perception check? What's the mechanic roll for the tablet?)

 

ill pass it auto as i want to get to e2 Quickly It contains a list of every prisoner they had ... Odd Mr kul is not listed Nor is the Acolyte of Screaming... but Something Called the Acolyte of Worms is?....

 

5 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

If you are going to speak with the Curator now, before we depart, please give him this.*  I do not believe he wishes to see me again, at the moment, nor would he accept this pittance from me. Tell him it is from a local discretionary fund, or something. 

Quickly, now, while I'm still young and idealistic.   

Astrid gives a wink, and a wry smile, her eyes betraying an older expression than one might expect in such a young woman.

The credits get handed over and the old man thanks you,  he hands you his com frequency and the codes to bypass the blockade....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, April said:

a lightsaber requires years of training to use correctly... You think you can master it given time but you might need correct instruction.

Sar invites you into his sanctum   he points out some basic Lightsaber  Moves but warns you, You will become a target.

 

" So you heard the Voice of Somebody or something?" ... He needed access to the main or backup archives.. "This voice feels familiar....  But you cant go unprotected." A switch flips and he gives you something " my first apprentice was a shy Human girl who Became blind.. Due to a particularly cruel Sith. I gave her this sash ....It is yours now. It will link you to me... And while i might not be able to shut the voice down yet, i can prevent it from getting too bad. Be careful young one "

" looks like we will be going to Tython to find those records.. I hope you are ready! "

Yorik took the sash and bowed his head in gratitude.  

*Thank you,  Sar Agorn.  I gladly yet humbly accept your gifts, thank you for your wisdom, and appreciate your assistance and protection*

*Tython?  Where is Tython and why do we need to go there?  Did you hear something from Mr. Zando already?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not bad, Astrid thinks, seeing the yacht up close for the first time.

Now I just need to find myself an unoccupied berth... No- on a ship like this, I'll have my own cabin, my own deck, even! 

Locating a free space to suit her purposes, she begins a more leisurely study of the staff. Her previous inspection was brief, but determined its authenticity, and she was able to estimate its... inestimable value. 

Priceless... she whispers out loud, as she examines it anew. Mindful of the Curator's words of caution, she dons the thin cloth gloves she reserves for handling artifacts, but also continues to use the cloth he provided to prevent direct contact.

What is it crafted from? Are there any inscriptions, imperfections, signs of where accoutrements less resistant to the ravages of time may have rotted away, or been pried loose? How was it held, or was it wielded as a weapon?  

Once satisfied with her study of the staff, she wraps it in the cloth, and gently removes the bone shards from the pouch. Astrid takes note of the inscribed runes, as she sets them on her table one by one, replacing them when she is finished.

Lastly, she retrieves the purple crystal from where she had secreted it, dusts it off, and has a closer look at it.

A Sith laboratory within a temple? 

The thrill of discovery when the clues fall into place, researching a new find; and again in the field when they actually turn up hints of another existence long forgotten, objects strange and new to this age... 

It is easy not to ask myself the hard questions. What does Zando want with these wondrous (but dark?) relics? And does he actually take any of my recommendations into consideration, or was I just lying to the Curator? Was I lying to myself?

Time to meet Strevious the Grievous (no sense of humor, that Muun).

Edited by Edgehawk
Changed a word; sp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the crew boards the ship, and it makes ready.... they seem to have picked up lord Crumbleberry... who this gentleman  is..... is found using the various networks  on the Holonet.

Lord Crumbleberry is a retired Neural Surgeon. .... who was given a title for saving a Duke when all seemed lost. Will they hand him over to Mr Zando ?? 

@Edgehawk Astrid notices that the staff indeed has names of Darth Yethiriv .. seems he was a sort of mid level  enforcer for Adendu... but to the events on this place. ... nothing.

@Cartergame Sar Agorn informs you he once taught  on tython .. he simply needs access to a large library so he can help you better.

@TheShard @aclarkbr90 @jnrschulz do you want to do anything  else or can we fast travel to Zando Corps offices on Munn  ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yorik smiled.  It was good to know people.  Even better to surround oneself with people proven to be smarter and more skilled and able to be trusted.  He felt very good as he set the ship's autopilot to return to Munn and Mr. Zando's offices.

Suddenly, he leapt up with a might shout of exultation and made a dash for the galley.  

"Ah hahahaa!  NOW, amigos!  It's time!  It's time to celebrate! Worra, Durrak, Shard, Dr. Anduni!  Drinks are on the House tonight!"  

Yorik resumed his victory dance along the corridors of the Hind and passed every one of his crewmates their very own bottle of ship's champagne, a large can of brew, and gave them each a fluorishing bow, a warm toothy smile, and a dancing jig as he celebrated their survival and even better... their success!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess this wraps the job up... Hand me a cold one!

He tried to sink back into one of the Golden Hind's lounge sofas and relax. 

However the feeling of unfinished business nagged at him fiercely.

 Who the frag is "the Acolyte of Worms"? What is the "the Acolyte of Worms"...

He jacks into the holonet to research it. 

 Wonder if I'll have better luck slicing an imperial academic facility... Or New republic's...? Hmm..

He turns to Worra, his brow furrowed.

 Are you coming along? I figure we could use a local official to verify the events. 

Though I'm sure you are eager to wap this all up and get on with things...

His expression becomes increasingly serious.

You think this is over? I think not... What's all this acolyte business, what do you make of it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...