Jump to content
April

Alchemical Problems IC RPG thread

Recommended Posts

(If Cletus can survive the night I'd say hold up. However the  Golden Hind  has a medlab I'm assuming, plus having a ship with weapons and armor is probably better then a boarded up building anyways... So my thought is if I can slice the computers to turn off guns, we bring the ship back to the village and his up. That way we can question the Gand too. Or fly to the queen if Cletus isn't looking good. However I also have a feeling this night will be a doozy so it might be better to just get to the queen after the ship so we know what were are dealing with, I'm sure they are familiar.... Options options options)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yorik thought about their situation and said to the others, "Actually, I'd prefer NOT to hole up and instead wipe out every single one of these Rakghouls."

"This frelling bastard has got to be reeling after we just blew up his palace and I don't want to give him even one hour to rest and recover.  We can get Cletus to a safe spot but I have every intention of using those guns at the port to help us wipe out any swarms of Rakghouls that attempt to come at us and also to deal with the source of all of this evil in the first place..."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheShard said:

(What's the difficulty of slicing the terminal? I think we are discussing options however I'd like to make the decision ate slicing))

Just take it, everything is on emergency systems,  you can deactivate the guns or re rig them, theres some O2 scrubbers, and some  small cameras. Oh and  you notice  a com  channel that seems to be recording.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jnrschulz said:

"Hiding out for the night and hoping for the best is not a good idea. We can get Cletus the medical attention he needs on the ship. Then we can wipe out the last of the mutants. The force will guide us."

" you guys  sure mention a dead religion a lot "  says one of he townspeople... " You pilgrims? "

Edited by April

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, April said:

" you guys  sure mention a dead religion a lot "  says one of he townspeople... " You pilgrims? "

"I would not say Pilgrim. The Force has always been with me and I was trained to use it to my advantage and to survive." 

 

Off to work. will check the game tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jnrschulz said:

"I would not say Pilgrim. The Force has always been with me and I was trained to use it to my advantage and to survive." 

 

Off to work. will check the game tonight. 

 

21 minutes ago, Cartergame said:

Yorik raises an eyebrow at that statement... "Pilgrims?  Is there a temple around here that you know how to get to?"

 the townsfolk talk in hushed whispers before one asks " You Sith?.... "

 

the doctor meanwhile uses several organic insect like  Organisms that  seem to help  stabilize  Cletus....  it clicks and hisses, as the droid translates. " Last  18  Galactic standard Hours... Best, can do here, Stay Help yes?? "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yorik responds quickly and adamantly to the townsfolk as he hoists Confidence in one arm to rest on his shoulder, "We are definitely NOT Sith...  and thanks again, Doc.  Sure, if you want to risk it then we'd be happy to have you stay and watch over him.  Thanks for the "Unity"... "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

zz...xzzzxzzxzzz... Ah, oh.... Well, i'll be a Bantha's sock... Well let's just cut that off, yup power down those... Mmhmmm... I... Yup... Gonna need control over that... Ah yes perfect, yup... Yup... Ok let's see about that...

 Shard mumbles to himself as his eyes glaze over, his attention no longer on the chaotic scene of the ruined Hutt palace or the figures around him. He takes control over the system, his brain is now it's A.I., he shuts off the recording, inserting an hour infinite "tape" loop. He transfers it to his DataBreaker pad, he reroutes gunnery turret control. Zyi continues the slice, smiling at the unexpected ease and sets targeting for turrets to auto select signatures that match the rakghouls or larger, and sets up encryption to  allow friendly use only. He also tracks the recording signal, and takes control over any recording devices linked to the network... Finally he maps the average use of scrubbers, command protocols, using a backdoor in the emergency maintenance subroutines so allow it them to be externally shutdown by location by either the Golden Hind's computer or Zyi's pad.

I'm tracking o2 scrubber use and workload to determine where other breathing things are concentrated... Oh yeah, take a gander something been  recording... 

He tosses the Data Breaker to a teammate and continues.

Let's... Umm... Let's take all non-combat personnel to the port, let's get a couple of volunteers to.... Umm... To... To... Take the speeder to... To... To gather other villagers and have then hold up in the port, we got the guns now, should be safest place... Hey... and take Cletus to the medbay on the Hind, then... Uh... Uh... Ummm.... We can visit Queeny and the hive and see if we got new friends.... And then blast everything to bits and go home!! Oh save a beastie to take back... Almost forgot that bit...

He addresses the group with wavering attention as he collates O2 usage per hour, adjusted for power energy flux inefficiencies mapped over grid.

Edited by TheShard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yorik nods in agreement with whatever Shard seems to be doing.  "That's brilliant stuff.  I hadn't even considered monitoring their O2 usage to determine where more creatures might be.  Shard, you're a genius and I'm truly thankful you're on our side!"

Yorik takes the data pad and watches the recording for a while but doesn't really understand what he's seeing besides the space port and doesn't know how to work the controls for whatever he's supposed to be zooming in on.  He ends up handing it over to Worra then continues inquiring what else the villagers might know.

"Are you saying there's some kind of a Sith Temple here on Taris?  Is whatever it might be somewhere close by?"

Edited by Cartergame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, April said:

 

 the townsfolk talk in hushed whispers before one asks " You Sith?.... "

 

the doctor meanwhile uses several organic insect like  Organisms that  seem to help  stabilize  Cletus....  it clicks and hisses, as the droid translates. " Last  18  Galactic standard Hours... Best, can do here, Stay Help yes?? "

"There is more to the Force than Jedi and Sith. I remember as a child being on Jedha and being exposed to many who believed and could use the Force who were Jedi or Sith. I later was raised in the ways of the Zeison Sha. We have no love the Sith or the Jedi for that matter. "

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheShard said:

zz...xzzzxzzxzzz... Ah, oh.... Well, i'll be a Bantha's sock... Well let's just cut that off, yup power down those... Mmhmmm... I... Yup... Gonna need control over that... Ah yes perfect, yup... Yup... Ok let's see about that...

 Shard mumbles to himself as his eyes glaze over, his attention no longer on the chaotic scene of the ruined Hutt palace or the figures around him. He takes control over the system, his brain is now it's A.I., he shuts off the recording, inserting an hour infinite "tape" loop. He transfers it to his DataBreaker pad, he reroutes gunnery turret control. Zyi continues the slice, smiling at the unexpected ease and sets targeting for turrets to auto select signatures that match the rakghouls or larger, and sets up encryption to  allow friendly use only. He also tracks the recording signal, and takes control over any recording devices linked to the network... Finally he maps the average use of scrubbers, command protocols, using a backdoor in the emergency maintenance subroutines so allow it them to be externally shutdown by location by either the Golden Hind's computer or Zyi's pad.

I'm tracking o2 scrubber use and workload to determine where other breathing things are concentrated... Oh yeah, take a gander something been  recording... 

He tosses the Data Breaker to a teammate and continues.

Let's... Umm... Let's take all non-combat personnel to the port, let's get a couple of volunteers to.... Umm... To... To... Take the speeder to... To... To gather other villagers and have then hold up in the port, we got the guns now, should be safest place... Hey... and take Cletus to the medbay on the Hind, then... Uh... Uh... Ummm.... We can visit Queeny and the hive and see if we got new friends.... And then blast everything to bits and go home!! Oh save a beastie to take back... Almost forgot that bit...

He addresses the group with wavering attention as he collates O2 usage per hour, adjusted for power energy flux inefficiencies mapped over grid.

"I will help gather the other villagers."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worra needs now further persuasion. He and Durrak hurry to the speeder with the captive in tow, who he has shackled with a set of restraints borrowed from Shard. "Step lively, Zenith," he says to his captive. "The rakghouls will be on the prowl by now. We don't want to be out here long."

Worra keeps blaster drawn and one eye out for the critters, hoping to spot them in the darkness before they are aware of him. As soon as they get to the speeder, Worra shackles Zenith to one of the handrails. They hop in and begin rounding up anyone they can.

Quote

Leadership check to rally the locals (with assistance from Durrak)

Rallying the locals to get to the Port: 3eA+1eB+2eD 2 successes
a-s.pnga-s.pnga-a-a.pngb--.pngd-th.pngd-th.png

"Citizens of New Taris, this is your local trade advocate, Worra Kokru." said Worra, shouting as loudly as he could. The hum of the speeder engines had already attracted a few locals, poking their heads out their windows. "We have secured the weapons at the starport. You will all be safer there. This town can't be secured. Make your way there as quickly as possible."

"Its too late," shouts one. "The rakghouls will already be out. You want us to make the journey in the dark? We'll die!"

"Stay close to my speeder," says Worra. "The lights and the roar of the engine may keep them back for long enough for us to make it to within range of the starport's guns. I can't guarantee your safety, but I can guarantee that staying here is a mistake."

A small contingent of locals begins to follow the speeder. Several climb on the back and sides, slowing the vehicle down a bit as they go. Worra drives slowly trying his best to keep the group of travelers tight. He and Durrak kept their eyes pealed for any sign of the rakghouls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perception Roll (w/help from Worra.)

2eA+1eP+1eB+2eD: 1 success [2eA=-, A/A] [1eP=S/A] [1eB=S] [2eD=F/Th, Th/Th]
a--.pnga-a-a.pngp-s-a.pngb-s.pngd-f-th.pngd-th-th.png

 

Durrak keeps watch for any rakghouls.  He does spot some but they do not seem to notice the group.

"I am one in Force and the Force is with me." Durrak whispers to himself.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'll ride Shotgun... Apologies for scuffing the paint but I figure it's better to give some of the mothers and their babes the passenger seat while I'm swinging this around," Yorik declared while raising his heavy blaster rifle, Confidence.  He then stepped as carefully as he could onto the hood of Worra's landspeeder while wearing his combat armor and then activated the magnetic heels of his boots and used cargo straps to harness himself to the speeder.  

He grinned to Worra and the others and said, "This kind of thing , I know.  It definitely ain't my first rodeo.  I'll have an easier shot in all directions since I've got the high ground and I've trained on moving platforms so I'll be able to readily hit whatever we see from any direction.  Just tell everyone to stay as close to the sides of the speeder as possible and I'll keep them safe."

Then, with a deep series of breaths Yorik entered his Battle Mode and activated all sensors on his armor to their fullest.  His heightened Danger Sense would also add to his Vigilance and ability to get any shot off as quickly as possible before any locals were threatened....  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jnrschulz said:

"There is more to the Force than Jedi and Sith. I remember as a child being on Jedha and being exposed to many who believed and could use the Force who were Jedi or Sith. I later was raised in the ways of the Zeison Sha. We have no love the Sith or the Jedi for that matter. "

 

They whisper but reply nothing to you.

 

you make it to the Port unscathed, nothing seems to attack or follow, your scanners do indicate a lifesign underneath, however it remains distant.

 

as you set up camp around the sight a few creatures can be heard.. the villagers start to seem more happy. like that is a good sign.

 

the life sign paces just out of reach.. underneath the entrance  to the village.... why is unknown.

 

the doc refuses to stay the night. simply gives you the calling code  for him to return should something happen or  you survive the night.

 

 

Edited by April

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TheShard said:

(Can we tell how big it is? Or where other concentrations of then are? What was recorded? Can I see anything with the cams?)

its human sized,  no it seems blocked off and no cams can see anything save the odd rat or bird ( big notes here ask the villagers of there was any wildlife before)

Edited by April

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yorik looked around the villagers and asked, "Irina?  Is Irina among the surviving villagers?  If so, I have something I need to discuss with her."

Yorik'll mention the pacing humanoid to her once we're set up.  Also, once we have the guns up and running in the surrounding area, he asked, "Anyone wants to go with me to check it out now's a good time to practice your shooting."

I'll also follow up with the villagers and ask about the Temple again.  Only this time, I'll have Sar Agorn read their minds to find out if they're holding anything back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...