Jump to content
April

Alchemical Problems IC RPG thread

Recommended Posts

Quote

Leadership to coordinate between Yorik's distracting fire and Shard's rolling of the barrel:

Leadership to help time the barrel roll and coordinate the strike: 3eA+2eD 1 success, 1 threat
a--.pnga-a.pnga-s-a.pngd-th-th.pngd-th.png

Success! But taking one strain.

Worra laid down suppressing fire to keep the beast off Shard as the Omwati prepped the bomb, carefully constructing a fuse out of the loose wires. 

"How long do you need?" Worra shouted over the blaster of Yorik's rifle.

"Just one more second," said Shard. "I've gotta rig this right or it won't go off."

"Down! Now left leg!  Its favoring it. Keep laying on the pain, Yorik!" Worra knew he had to perfectly coordinate between the two if there was any hope survival. His voice growing hoarse through his mask. He turned back to Shard, trying his best to be a calming presence in the midst of the firefight. "Focus, Shard," he whispered. "You can do this. But Yorik's not going to last much longer. This is no talent show. If it works, we need to move now."

The Omwati nodded as he completed his job. He grabbed one side and Worra grabbed the other, throwing their shoulders into it. Just as Worra's back hit the barrel, he turned to Shard, nodding reassuringly. "See you on the other side," the Kel Dor said quietly as the barrel began to spin toward the rakghoul...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Cletus runs... " Using that  much could take down half the street... Run youngens!!!! "

 

everybody needs an athletics or Dodge  roll because  your gonna take  damage....  it will half if you succeed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1eP+2eA+2eD: 0 successes, 1 threat [1eP=A] [2eA=S, -] [2eD=Th, F/Th]
p-a.pnga-s.pnga--.pngd-th.pngd-f-th.png

 

"Fire in the hole!  Now Run like Hell!"  Even as he scrambled to escape, Yorik knew that he was too close to the hole and would have to climb over and through too much debris to get out of the palace before the bomb went off.  Still, he did his best to get as far away as he could in hopes that the explosion would blow him clear of the collapsing structure.  

"I always wanted to go out with a bang and I guess this counts.  At least this will look cool in Aye's holo vids in the recap, right, guys?" Yorik joked morbidly, knowing those might be his last words....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Dodging out of the way of the blast: 2eA+2eD+1eS 2 failures, 1 advantage
a-a.pnga-s-a.pngd-f-f.pngd-th.pngs-f.png

Failure! But spending one advantage to shout to Zenith to take cover as well so he doesn't get killed in the blast. I don't want him to go that way.

Also, I forgot my fear setback on the leadership check:

Fear setback: 1eS 0 successes, 1 threat
s-th.png

Taking a second strain.

"RUN!" 

Worra's voice cut through the air, echoing through the chambers. He turned and sprinted away and made for an upturned cabinet to avoid the blast. But as he dove, his utility belt caught on the vibropike of a garish golden statue of the Hutt dressed in battle regalia. His elbow smashed into the ground hard. He looked up in horror as the upper half of the statue slid cleanly off, pinning him beneath one of the golden arms. 

In the back of his mind, he hoped Zenith had made it out of the blast range. The creep needs to stand trial, thought Worra, knowing that the majordomo would have nearly unlimited knowledge of the Gonothar's activities. Not only was he surely complicit in the crimes, he also would be instrumental in tracking down criminals throughout the New Taris system. But not if he were dead...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What?!?!

 The whole block?!?!

 With a last minute change of plans Shard put a very tiny amount of the gel onto the metal barrel. Hoping to buy everyone a few more minutes then if it was shot. He also loosens the cap on the barrel enough so that it spills as it rolls. He hopes that it will lessen the explosion a bit causing it to be a more generalized but contained firestorm rather than concentrated and focused.

He pushes the barrel and takes off running hoping his calculations were correct and he didn't blow them sky high.

Aye, get out of here now!

 The droid didn't need his instructions, he was already zipping out of a crack in the roof and up into the clouds above.

(Should read delay on explosion, both gel and letting it spill put.)

Mechanical: demolitions check to apply the right amount of gel for a timed delay on exploitation to allow us to escape: 1eA+4eP+3eD 1 success, 1 Triumph
a-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-tr.pngp-s-s.pngp-s.pngd-f-f.pngd-f-th.pngd-f-th.png

 

(Here is the athletics check if its still needed! Let's hope with that triumph it's not!!!!)

Running away from bomb: 1eA+2eD 0 successes, 1 advantage
a-a-a.pngd--.pngd-th.png

Edited by TheShard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Hey guys, don't forget that you DO get to add a Blue Boost die to your Discipline & Fear checks from where Yorik made his Leadership check earlier in the mission... So, that should help! April, I'd also like to declare that we use another White Destiny Point to our advantage of successfully surviving the blast because we're tough and doing what we can to look after each other.  Or, if we're unable to do that then use the Destiny Point so that the others back down the street and onboard the ship can find us and dig us out through the wreckage so we don't die... I'm looking at you, Cracax, Eldrith, Durrak, & R'rowlka!)

 

 

Edited by Cartergame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Cartergame said:

(Hey guys, don't forget that you DO get to add a Blue Boost die to your Discipline & Fear checks from where Yorik made his Leadership check earlier in the mission... So, that should help! April, I'd also like to declare that we use another White Destiny Point to our advantage of successfully surviving the blast because we're tough and doing what we can to look after each other.  Or, if we're unable to do that then use the Destiny Point so that the others back down the street and onboard the ship can find us and dig us out through the wreckage so we don't die... I'm looking at you, Cracax, Eldrith, Durrak, & R'rowlka!)

 

 

Does everyone else agree?? You can each take 8 damage or use the destiny point? And only take 4 (before soak, save the guy on the ship ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You flee from the building, Cletus... despite his age seems to have found a piece of corrugated Durasteel and attempts to use it as an umbrella, and is several feet away.

You expect an explosion... But things go quiet... too quiet... no sounds nothing.... your motion trackers bleep out as if something had messed with the settings.

Even then what feels like almost 10 minutes pass.. you start to pop your heads out of the various places you took cover in then in an almighty... Fashion huge great flaming tornadoes erupt out of every conceivable hole around... The Hutts palace collapses in on itself sending bits and pieces everywhere... unfortunately Cletus seems to have been impaled by a large chunk of masonry... The rest of you seem unscathed... save for shard who's arm seems to have become detached.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Cletus! Stay with me, buddy!" Yorik shouted after being deafened by the epic explosion.  Offering the Medkit to Worra or Shard who were probably better equipped to use it, he did his best to stabilize the old codger with one of the stimpacks within its contents.  Then, after realizing that their work might not be done, Yorik boosted himself with one as well.

He surveyed the situation and then switched to motion detector and thermal imaging in his suit scanners  searching for any signs of life and/or movement under where the palace used to be.  "Anything in those tunnels would have gotten blown to shellbits", he also thought. 

"Surely, it would have... Right?"  He asked around looking for confirmation for his grim thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  R qAhhh shizzz...  

Shard lifts himself up awkwardly with one arm, wires hanging out of the socket from what was his other arm.

Oh hey! I'm not dead...

 Oh hey y'all aren't dead, oh frag, Cletus... 

*zz*xzzzz ahhhh short circuit, zzz*z 

He twitches as a few of the wires dangling cross each other sending a zap of arching electricity. He shambles over to Cletus. 

Need help! I'm not a doctor!

 

Edited by TheShard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was difficult to move. The blast he knocked debris onto Worra's body and had pushed the statue harder down upon him, pinning him to the ground. Worra choked for breath. He worked his right arm up to his chest and tried to push the weight of the statue off him. He balled his fist and pushed hard, trying to find grip on the statue. Soon he was out of breath and had made no progress. He laid there for a moment, focusing on his chest movements as the weight pressed down upon his sternum. Each breath in was getting more and more difficult to fill his lungs. 

Worra wriggled his wrist around to press the controls on his droids. He typed in an order to the control for JSE to track down Zenith and for JMS to track down the rest of Worra's allies. 

Worra pushed his feet against the debris to see if he could slide out from under the statue rather than lifting it off. Sharp pain shot through his left leg. There must be shrapnel from the explosion. He bit his lip and pushed against. This time, the leverage propelled him, but it wasn't enough. He could only hold on for a second before the pain was too much to bear. He took another breath, knowing he had to get out. After the next push, he began to scream but he managed to get free.

He did not hesitate to draw the stim injector on on his belt, but he paused just as he was about to slip the needle into his leg. I need to find Zenith, thought Worra. And I don't want him to die on me. Worra knew that meant that he would have to bear the pain for now, at least until he found his quarry.

"Zenith, where are you, you sniveling dianoga!" Worra cried. "I'm coming for you, Zenith."

Worra flipped through the live footage from his droids. JSE was searching the ruins of the palace, whereas JMS had found Shard, Yorik and Cletus on the road outside. Two of his allies seemed to have pulled themselves together, but Cletus was choking on blood, and there was a rebar beam sticking out of his chest. Worra pulled out his comlink and spoke to Yorik. "Get him to a doctor, Yorik. Or get a doctor to him. If there is no other option, then make sure Shard does what he has to. I won't be of any help to Cletus in this condition, so Shard might be Cletus' best bet. But we can't get ourselves stuck out here tonight. If you need to transport him, I have a speeder parked outside of Squirbos. The access key is 25477." Worra paused to ensure that Yorik had understood. "I'm going after Zenith. The low-life has to stand trial. He can't die here, and he can't escape."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh kriff, well um... Can't be too different then a circuit, just more meaty... I  mean how hard can it be to stabilize an impaled alien in a bomb crater for a medbay... Poor guyz totaly kriffed. 

Pulling himself together and bluffing confidence, Zyi puts a hand on his shoulder and gives him a stern look. 

You aint gonna coward out on me now, you get yourself togther lets get you to our medbay, get that rebar outta you in no time.

Ah ****... Ok Zyi... You can do this, cut the bar don't remove, guy seeping gots apply pressure, cut the circuit off reroute..I mean vascular membrane clamped... Frag...

 Give me an assist someone!

(Would really like a boost die from an assist, I'm liking this guy so let's get him out alive... Maybe we can make him our door guy when we incorporate the group and get our dingy noir PI office!)

 

Edited by TheShard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Get the speeder, get.him back to the yacht! Screw the gunz... Hopefully their dead now anyways!

Someone get Ro on the comm see if he can touch down here or if.he is still pinned down... Oh frag that's a lot of blood.... 

Shard applies pressure hoping to slow the bleeding. He looks around for something to cut the rebar with.

 Anyone able ro cut this so we can move him?!?

Meanwhile Aye is floating over top having captured the whole crazy scene. He beeps at Zyi. 

Not now! Relay it! Go with Worra's helpers! Listen to him, unless he tries to get you killed then frag anything he says and get back here pronto!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Can I make a perception or survival check to track down Zenith with a boost from JSE?

Also, I'll instruct JMS to track down Eldrith. Ideally, Eldrith would pick up the speeder and rush to get here to do the medical check. Alternatively, I'll whip out my datapad and check the insider's guide to New Taris to see if there is a medical hotline or EMT that could talk Shard through what he his doing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yorik did his best to assist Shard while staying alert for possible threats from all sides.  He was still brimming with adrenaline and excitement from surviving the explosion and now that the stimulant and painkillers from the stimpack had begun to work its way through his bloodstream, he was further amped by feeling no pain.  

"Sure thing, Shard, whatever I can do to help!  But I figure you're more skilled or adept at this sort of thing than I am.  Using the Medkit should definitely help us and I'll do what I can while I watch our six!"

Yorik was hyper vigilant of any incoming information from his armor's Threat Monitor and actively scanning the surrounding region for any signs of movement and any trace of another heat signature in the area.  Thankfully, his armor had absorbed most of the blast and after the Stimpack injection Yorik felt as good as new.  But, he also knew that when the stimulants wore off he'd sleep almost in a coma back on board the Golden Hind.  If they all survived that long.  He decided to check in on the others.

"Eldrith, do you copy?"  Yorik tried again to contact their companions on the comms.  "Cracax, do you copy?  Durrak, do you copy?  R'rowlka, do you copy?"

Yorik worried that something had happened to the other squads as their communicators were still completely silent and nonresponsive.

"Frell, I got a bad feeling about this..."  He muttered softly as he suddenly felt that tingling sensation when his Danger Sense activated to give him a preternatural warning.

 

Edited by Cartergame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, aclarkbr90 said:

 

You can, but probably best would be investigation if you have it, 3 purples either way.

 

Cletus  coughed " dam chompers....... "

 

the townsfolk have exited  the hall after the commotion, some are just staring, others are  simply bewildered, hoping its all over ... Just then... your motion tracker sees a blip... it seems to be moving towards  you... as the last of the suns rays filter... and emergency lights kicked in.. illuminating everything in a sickly orange glow.

 

13 hours ago, aclarkbr90 said:

 

You only take 4 damage, minus soak. I have chosen not to use your destiny point, so you still have it. but you each take 5 strain, representing the panicked rush and the sheer exhausting nature of escaping.

 

3 hours ago, Cartergame said:

Yorik did his best to assist Shard while staying alert for possible threats from all sides.  He was still brimming with adrenaline and excitement from surviving the explosion and now that the stimulant and painkillers from the stimpack had begun to work its way through his bloodstream, he was further amped by feeling no pain.  

"Sure thing, Shard, whatever I can do to help!  But I figure you're more skilled or adept at this sort of thing than I am.  Using the Medkit should definitely help us and I'll do what I can while I watch our six!"

Yorik was hyper vigilant of any incoming information from his armor's Threat Monitor and actively scanning the surrounding region for any signs of movement and any trace of another heat signature in the area.  Thankfully, his armor had absorbed most of the blast and after the Stimpack injection Yorik felt as good as new.  But, he also knew that when the stimulants wore off he'd sleep almost in a coma back on board the Golden Hind.  If they all survived that long.  He decided to check in on the others.

"Eldrith, do you copy?"  Yorik tried again to contact their companions on the comms.  "Cracax, do you copy?  Durrak, do you copy?  R'rowlka, do you copy?"

Yorik worried that something had happened to the other squads as their communicators were still completely silent and nonresponsive.

"Frell, I got a bad feeling about this..."  He muttered softly... feeling that tingling when his Danger Sense activated to give him a preternatural warning.

One of the Villagers mentions That they have an Medevac code they can use for Cletus... But  The doc that comes is very very odd. Most are terrified of him.

 

12 hours ago, TheShard said:

 Get the speeder, get.him back to the yacht! Screw the gunz... Hopefully their dead now anyways!

Someone get Ro on the comm see if he can touch down here or if.he is still pinned down... Oh frag that's a lot of blood.... 

Shard applies pressure hoping to slow the bleeding. He looks around for something to cut the rebar with.

 Anyone able ro cut this so we can move him?!?

Meanwhile Aye is floating over top having captured the whole crazy scene. He beeps at Zyi. 

Not now! Relay it! Go with Worra's helpers! Listen to him, unless he tries to get you killed then frag anything he says and get back here pronto!

You hear  Agorn's voice " Seems that you are not frightened of doing what needs to be done....Good."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yorik took a moment to breathe and steady himself.  Using his second wind to recover a point of Strain, calmed his nerves as much as he was able and remembered once Sar Agorn spoke in his mind that he was still carrying the passenger mentally.  *Sar Agorn, how are you doing in all of this?  I hope the strain of my nerves has not been too taxing.  Are you well, my friend?*

"Sure, we need a doc asap." Yorik responded to the villagers.  "Thanks for calling him."

 *We also need to know if that monster survived the blast.  Sar Agorn, if I walk along the roadway and over the rubble, can you sense its thoughts as you also sense ours?*

Edited by Cartergame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cartergame said:

Yorik took a moment to breathe and steady himself.  Using his second wind to recover a point of Strain, calmed his nerves as much as he was able and remembered once Sar Agorn spoke in his mind that he was still carrying the passenger mentally.  

*Sar Agorn, how are you doing in all of this?  I hope the strain of my nerves has not been too taxing.  I am concerned about this unknown doctor who has just turned up to examine Cletus.  Can you search his mind to determine his veracity?  I have a strange foreboding that he may have been the voice we've heard repeatedly over the loudspeakers who has been taunting us during our time on this planet.*

Yorik hadn't seen this doctor since they landed and hadn't heard of him when asking Irina about what resources the locals had.  He felt that something wasn't right.  He stood back just far enough out of the doctor's reach that he could casually point Confidence at the ground between them without seeming to be a threat while easily raising his blaster rifle with just a step back if his misgivings were proven to be true.

The doc hasn't arrivedyet.... the villagers just told you about a code that they can use to call him if you want. do you want to rejig your post?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cartergame said:

Yorik took a moment to breathe and steady himself.  Using his second wind to recover a point of Strain, calmed his nerves as much as he was able and remembered once Sar Agorn spoke in his mind that he was still carrying the passenger mentally.  *Sar Agorn, how are you doing in all of this?  I hope the strain of my nerves has not been too taxing.  Are you well, my friend?*

"Sure, we need a doc asap." Yorik responded to the villagers.  "Thanks for calling him."

 *We also need to know if that monster survived the blast.  Sar Agorn, if I walk along the roadway and over the rubble, can you sense its thoughts as you also sense ours?*

" It has been interesting..But will require some Time for reflection.. I will record the details into the cube of these creatures...... Hmmm If you do try to clear your mind.. It will allow me to tap into the Force that dwells around us... The Dark side is here.... Approaching ever closer. "

 

you feel something and out of the corner of your eye its Eldrith holding a crate... if you want to stop him from leaving you should do it now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yorik left Shard with Cletus and went to check on Worra as well as in search of Shard's cybernetic arm.  If it was possible to recover it then maybe it could be repaired with minimal effort.  He also went in search of Worra's nemesis, Zenith.  If there were any survivors from this trip to be brought back then as far as Yorik was concerned, Zenith would be the only one worth saving.  

*Sure.  I'll try to clear it as much as I'm able.  Feel free to draw upon whatever you need...*

"For all I care, these frelling rakghouls can remain buried beneath this wreckage," Yorik thought.  "Zenith can be the evidence they need and maybe a limb or corpse or something.  I'll leave that to Shard and the droids to recover that evidence."  

"Worra, status check.  Also, you've been here longer than the rest of us.  Is there a possibility of a safe room or bomb shelter somewhere in this Palace that someone or something could withdraw to and possibly survive that frelling blast?"

Suddenly, Yorik stopped in his tracks as he was stunned by the unexpected and silent return of Eldrith.

"Wait a minute... Eldrith?!?  Are you ok?  Hey man!  What happened to you?!"  Yorik ran over to greet his friend warmly... 

Edited by Cartergame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ret      Stay with me!

 Frag, frag, frag, frag...

Medicine check to stem the bleeding till doc Ed. gets there: 4eA+3eD 1 success, 3 threat
a-a.pnga-s.pnga--.pnga--.pngd-th-th.pngd-th.pngd-th.png

 

(Not sure if I get a boost from worra, and how the medpack effects my roll ill add it here later)

 

Zyi worked furiously, applying compression and ripping cloth into strips to tie off an artery. Slowly the blood stopped gushing.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...