Jump to content
April

Alchemical Problems IC RPG thread

Recommended Posts

The Rakghoul plague.  

It's not nice to say the least.  You definitely don't want any of these things getting near you.  The plague transmits via bites and scratches to get into the blood stream where it gets to work turning you into one of them mind and body.  Frankly a shot to the head is better.

They're not natural either these things are designed and viciously at that.  The pack hunting is also in line with what I've heard of these things.

 These ghouls seem different though.  The light sensitivity isn't something that I've heard of though so this is something new.  It could be an accidental or it could be that it's the price they paid for boasting something else about them.  Without their research data or more observation I can't really make any guesses.  

As for how to down them...he clicks his tongue as he thinks...Not much coming to mind one any particular weaknesses but pumping them full of shots would reason to take anything down.

 

Oh and the creepy creepier voice is also new...to say i don't like it is an understatement 

Edited by cybric2686

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey lady, sorry I don't remember your name... Hi I'm Shard...

He pauses hoping she'll remind him.

He moves on.

Do you have any equipment here or close by? Speeders? Agricultural or construction equipment? Drills, electronics, fertilizer, droids, wood, metal sheets, fuel... come on! Anything people what do y'all got around here? 

He continues almost talking through her to the others.

Look we got an hour till we split, we gotta maximize that time before we go into hell's mouth. Grab any shovels, sonic drills, work tools anything make a quick inventory of supplies...

 

He turns to his teammates, which he knows not much more than the ragtag bunch of survivors.

 

What do y'all think, 'bout this situation? I'm thinking we got something to work with here, an hour won't kill us, might save us? I think we need to have a fortified base to withdrawal to. 

I see... Fortify or diversify, multiple targets devert and confuse, roof top snipers, 2 fortified buildings... Fire traps at the road and mouths of tunnels. Road has to be lined on both sides with cross trenches to cover retreat and isolate...

He is mumbling his thoughts, taking to self quietly. Then he suddenly whistles! Aye comes whirring to a window. He asks Aye for materials and supplies, tools and vehicles and Aye rupulsers off to check.

 

He turns back around.

 

The funny thing, is this guy... He thinks he's made a death trap. So far he's been right. Kriffs totally messed up for sure... Let's stop this. Let's show him what a real death trap looks like.

 

 

Edited by TheShard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

" Irena", she says

 

" don't you think if we had those things we would be using them .... " just then the Mad Cackle interrupts " Awww met the food supply have we?.. Consequences.... Consequences.... Option two will end up with death I think....  Oh but alas i will not see I have more parties to make... Hope you survive so we can play more... Mungo Kill them all "

 

' Sar warns get ready...  they come'

 

" an unholy howl erupts and the ground shakes beneath you"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yorik cursed under his breath and then brought his Confidence up and to the ready position.  He moved quickly back to the doorway and looked outside.  "Where are they?!?" He shouted.  "Below us or coming up from the Palace?"  *AIMING*, he began taking his time and choosing his shots carefully.  He could take them down from long range and he intended to use every foot of space that he could.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh frag'n motha of a Diagona garbage swimmer!!

Pulls out his new holdout blaster. 

Aye!!!! Point! Relay target locations!!

He combs his hand through the fluff on his scalp. His Databreaker pad beeps as Aye relays the information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a guttural growl is heard and the floor buckles in the center , two shovel handed claws pop out.... as you hear  an enormous crash... then screams... It seems the traps got a few...

the first one is dispatched by the townsfolk... but two others quickly take its place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eldrith draws both of his pistols and cracks his neck prepping as much as he could.  He'd trafficked with gunslingers before be he hadn't ever tried to copy their techniques.

He watches as the ghouls  break through the floor and start thrashing around.

He draws a bead on the ghouls coming out of the hole and unleashes a hail of shots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Fire in the hole!" Yorik shouted after Cracax threw down the grenade.  He knelt for additional stability and to be prepared for the explosion still to come.  He also constantly fired Confidence in short but extremely powerful and controlled bursts.  First, targeting the one Shard shot to finish it off and then Eldrith's as well.  He made sure that the villagers knew they were neither alone nor outmatched in this firefight and used his Leadership to spur everyone into action in an orderly fashion rather than just running in panic into the nearest corner.  

[Leadership Roll:  2eP+1eA+1eB+3eD: 3 successes [2eP=S/A, S/S] [1eA=S] [1eB=A] [3eD=Th, F/Th, -]
p-s-a.pngp-s-s.pnga-s.pngb-a.pngd-th.pngd-f-th.pngd--.png

"Watch down the road as well!" he ordered and cleanly dispatched each of the rakghouls as soon as they dared to show any part of their anatomy as a target.

Heavy Blaster Rifle roll:

2eP+1eA+1eB+2eD: 3 successes, 2 advantage [2eP=S/A, S/S] [1eA=A] [1eB=A/A] [2eD=Th, Th]
p-s-a.pngp-s-s.pnga-a.pngb-a-a.pngd-th.pngd-th.png

3 Successes & *3* Advantage w/ the Laser Sight.  So, I'll use 2 Advantage to be sure to trigger my autofire...  Add 13 Damage each shot to whatever Shard shot and Eldrith.  Whatever's getting shot won't be happy... :) 

Edited by Cartergame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

grenade throw: 3eP+1eB+2eD 3 successes
p-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngb-s.pngd-f-th.pngd-th-th.png

"That should make something down there have a bad day," he shouted as he drew his second pistol and opened with a torrent of blaster fire at any ghouls that got within sight.

blaster shots (corrected for difficulty): 3eP+1eB+3eD 1 success, 1 advantage
p-s.pngp-s.pngp-a-a.pngb-a-a.pngd-th.pngd-th-th.pngd-f.png

(Advantage spend to hit with both pistols.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The explosion kills those emerging from underneath..., as several others follow they fall to the flurries of blaster shots.... then silence...

Followed by thud, thud, thud... a massive claw drags a villager underneath, the man screaming as it was pulled down.

As his claw emerged again it was hit by Caracax, pistol fire it howled and retreated.. but two smaller ghouls popped out of the holes created, one was shot by Irina spinning, as she did so.

 

The other two townspeople with blaster rifles miss, due to their shaking hands...

 

( one small ghoul fine, one critically wounded ) 

Two others pop out of the ground.

 

Looks like the alpha did not like being shot 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, April said:

The explosion kills those emerging from underneath..., as several others follow they fall to the flurries of blaster shots.... then silence...

Followed by thud, thud, thud... a massive claw drags a villager underneath, the man screaming as it was pulled down.

As his claw emerged again it was hit by Caracax, pistol fire it howled and retreated.. but two smaller ghouls popped out of the holes created, one was shot by Irina spinning, as she did so.

 

The other two townspeople with blaster rifles miss, due to their shaking hands...

 

( one small ghoul fine, one critically wounded ) 

Two others pop out of the ground.

 

Looks like the alpha did not like being shot 

What range are they at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jnrschulz said:

What range are they at?

 2  medium but only partially out of hole (  head and shoulders visible ) One meduim, one short (injured), but not melee range yet.  (Disk blade can hit both .. The ones out of the hole.. possibly more  if you get a good roll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, April said:

 2  medium but only partially out of hole (  head and shoulders visible ) One meduim, one short (injured), but not melee range yet.  (Disk blade can hit both .. The ones out of the hole.. possibly more  if you get a good roll.

So two purple dice? Any setbacks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[I've been including a blue for Aiming but I've been careful to say I was aiming as well.  I get 2 Yellows & a Green for proficiency & ability as well.  For Heavy, Light, & Melee so it makes it easy to keep track :) ]

 

Yorik liked the way that Cracax was thinking and dropped another grenade in the hole after aiming at the alpha as well.  "One is good.  Two is better!  Fire in the hole!"  

 

2eP+1eA+1eB+2eD: 0 successes, 4 advantage [2eP=A/A, A/A] [1eA=S] [1eB=A] [2eD=F, Th]
p-a-a.pngp-a-a.pnga-s.pngb-a.pngd-f.pngd-th.png

 

[Frell.  Still 4 advantage has to count for something, right?]  Trigger the blast and get the other monsters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...