April

Alchemical Problems IC RPG thread

2,049 posts in this topic

Not Zando..? As soon as the child begins her withdrawal back into the smoke, Astrid rushes forward, tugging her goggles into place. If she is not Zando, I have to try... 

Cartergame likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Mr. Zando, with all due respect, sir," Yorik was very careful to keep his voice low and emotionless.  "We'll be on our way."  He spoke loudly and evenly as he knelt forward to once again equip and arm himself.  He looked down automatically to check his gear from habit and slowly and deliberately slung his rifle across his shoulder.

It would be so easy to flick that one little switch and go full auto.  Get out of here, right now, Yorik before you lose it and start popping grenades.  There will be a time and a place for this.  Not here.  Korriban.  Everything you need to kill will be on Korriban.  You are disciplined, you are a soldier, and you know there is a time and a place to kill.  This is not it.

Yorik eyed Astrid to see how she was holding up.  His heart ached for the anguish she must have been feeling.  He then glanced at Bennar, Shard, and the old man in the smoke carefully, as he made certain to stand very still in front and draw the girl Zando's attention to himself.  He had entered that state where his Danger Sense was on hyper alert and everything seemed to move in slow motion.  

Not here.  Not now.  Korriban. There will be time.  There will be a place.  Insanire first.

"Sir, we've encountered some unusual beings during our business with you that resulted in Necessity forcing us to adjust our missions and that often altered our ability to retrieve all of your requested items.  However, you should know that we made every effort to do what we felt was best for the situation at hand and we remained loyal to you throughout.  There's certainly no need to threaten us.  We'll fulfill our duties to you and update you when we know more regarding the situation on Korriban.  That being said, are there bounty hunters or mercenaries from the Hutts that we need to worry about?" 

TheShard and Edgehawk like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TheShard said:

At the suggestion of the old man Shard lets the smoke obscure the female figure and disappears. The stealthfield seems to be working well. He moves to the small man as fast as he can. "Do you want to come with us? What's going on here... Quickly tell me?"

are you trying to hide the man in the stealth field?

 

Cartergame and Edgehawk like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheShard said:

(Possibly, if he wants to flee then yes, if not I'm trying to get a jist of what happened to him before i flee]

" im Zando.. Save me... Sav..." you notice the tubes attempt to reconnect the man, but they appear lost...    it freaks out and dashes for the doors...  the machine  seems to send some code  to the  other astrid who nods and   starts to  press a few buttons, you, for now, are ignored 

Edgehawk and Cartergame like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2017 at 4:19 PM, Edgehawk said:

Not Zando..? As soon as the child begins her withdrawal back into the smoke, Astrid rushes forward, tugging her goggles into place. If she is not Zando, I have to try... 

(Any success reaching the child?) @April

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Astrid's tracking goggles help pierce through the swirling smoke, but she can locate neither child, nor pod. Unsure of the gaseous substance she is navigating through, she has enough lab experience to be cautious about taking a breath. And what would I do if I found her, now? What would she do? 

The ominous clanking noises intensify, and she knows she must leave without the girl. Frustrated both by her impulsive plunge into the mist, and by her failure, she turns around. Snatching her lancer up, she hastily scoops the rest of the weapons into her satchel, and hurries to catch up with her withdrawing team. No time for my twin, either, I guess..

Spy-D, we're leaving. The lack of response is unsurprising, but there is no indication that her message was even received, like their link is broken. Spy-D, lay to the Hind, for immediate departure. Confirm!? Rattled further, by her missing droid companion, she nevertheless slams the plate to close the hatch. 

Yorik, get us out of here. Korriban.

Zyi, secure the ship.

Bennar, see to our guest.

We'll debrief in hyperspace. 

Astrid keeps her cool long enough to reach her stateroom. Sliding down with her back against the closed hatch, she hugs her knees, and cries for the first time in as long as she can remember.

Cartergame likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2017 at 1:54 PM, Edgehawk said:

Astrid's tracking goggles help pierce through the swirling smoke, but she can locate neither child, nor pod. Unsure of the gaseous substance she is navigating through, she has enough lab experience to be cautious about taking a breath. And what would I do if I found her, now? What would she do? 

The ominous clanking noises intensify, and she knows she must leave without the girl. Frustrated both by her impulsive plunge into the mist, and by her failure, she turns around. Snatching her lancer up, she hastily scoops the rest of the weapons into her satchel, and hurries to catch up with her withdrawing team. No time for my twin, either, I guess..

Spy-D, we're leaving. The lack of response is unsurprising, but there is no indication that her message was even received, like their link is broken. Spy-D, lay to the Hind, for immediate departure. Confirm!? Rattled further, by her missing droid companion, she nevertheless slams the plate to close the hatch. 

Yorik, get us out of here. Korriban.

Zyi, secure the ship.

Bennar, see to our guest.

We'll debrief in hyperspace. 

Astrid keeps her cool long enough to reach her stateroom. Sliding down with her back against the closed hatch, she hugs her knees, and cries for the first time in as long as she can remember.

7

The ship undocks then  jumps 

 

the ship is abnormally quiet... even the engines sound  silent... the heavy droid  sighs " oi You guys Get me OUT THIS BLOOMING THING" ... that voice..... There is only one person that crazy to sneak on board a Destroyer,  rewire a Droidika and escape.... but why?.. Surely ... it must be....

 

 

 

Edgehawk likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Astrid's cathartic release does not last long. When the tears stop, and her face relaxes, she stands and heads to the refresher. Stripping down, she activates the sonic, and rinses away the sour stench of sweat and fear. 

Her mind is still reeling with questions, though, perhaps more than before. Who is the old man? The girl? My doppelganger? Who... am I? And where is my errant droid, my droid errant? Was he Zando's creature this whole time?! This way lies madness, Doctor Andunie. You are stronger than this. And you know who you are. 

Pulling on her comfy culottes and a sleeveless tunic, she swings by the laundry room with her mountaineer armor, before heading to the crew lounge. 

Noting their unexpected stowaway, Astrid nods, and permits her signature half-smile to creep onto her face. "Well hello, stranger.."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Astrid's cathartic release does not last long. When the tears stop, and her face relaxes, she stands and heads to the refresher. Stripping down, she activates the sonic, and rinses away the sour stench of sweat and fear. 

Her mind is still reeling with questions, though, perhaps more than before. Who is the old man? The girl? My doppelganger? Who... am I? And where is my errant droid, my droid errant? Was he Zando's creature this whole time?! This way lies madness, Doctor Andunie. You are stronger than this. And you know who you are. 

Pulling on her comfy culottes and a sleeveless tunic, she swings by the laundry room with her mountaineer armor, before heading to the crew lounge. 

Noting their unexpected stowaway, Astrid nods, and permits her signature half-smile to creep onto her face. "Well hello, stranger.."

" Stranger... stranger... Yeah okay funny... I don't mind that i was captured by a megalomaniac ... After returning from Tatooine  .. No, I mind that IM STUCK IN A ROBIT... Now please for all that the endless sands has to offer get me owt of it!!!"

A calm voice enters her mind and says " do not give in to these dark thoughts... Whatever that was, only seeks to make you doubt yourself"

 

Spy-d looks at you quizzingly "Beep?"

10 hours ago, TheShard said:

Shard blinks back into visability. 

You better get us far away. 

He looks around hoping old man "zando" kept up.

He does but looks cold and scared ... his eyes wide... and it looks like he has had extensive Cybernetic modifications... Though no care has been taken with them.

 

Edgehawk and Cartergame like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew we should have spaced that Droideka immediately.. 

Spy-D! Astrid's mouth quirks, and breaks into a rare full smile. She pats the scout droid, relieved that her paranoid imaginings were just that. Dark thoughts indeed! But however calming, I'm now concerned that the voice in my head is now initiating conversation.. just had that little pep talk about madness, and now this..? 

Astrid and Zyi set to work extricating the Jawa from the destroyer droid, and in short order, Griff is dumped unceremoniously onto the deck. Offering him a hand up, Astrid pulls him in for a hug. Good to have you back, friend. Holding him back, now, at arm's-length: You don't seem too much worse, for wear.. If you don't require medical attention, I believe our other guest here should be seen by our medic, now. Zyi, do you think you can assist Bennar with that tangled mess of cyberware? Grabbing a blanket from the closet, she places it over the old man's shoulders, and begins walking him to medbay.

 

Cartergame likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zyi examines Astrid's face. 

Poor women, what an absolutely kriffed experience she just had.

Sure, Astrid... No problem...

She's tired, what an emotional horror that was back there, what are we apart of?

 

Edited by TheShard
Cartergame and Edgehawk like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Griff! Hey buddy! We at least we got some good that came outta that shizz storm back there!

Between "Zando" and Griff-droid there's a lot of work here. Zyi tries to push past the adrenaline.

No better time like now to tri this out. Here goes nothing.

He takes out a mess of electronics from his bag. He starts untangling the mess. Connecting wires to ports and data cards into slots. 

She needs a distraction...

Mind giving me a hand Ma-dam Boss? He says sarcastically emphasizing the very un-Astridlike daintness of the word, trying to make her laugh.

Continuing to attach parts together, the device takes shape.

He fiddles around in his bag until He finds it. He holds up the "gift" he was given up to a light.

A blueish green crystal.

Anyone guess what this might be? I analyzed it before and got some really strange readings... This ain't just inert geology here. 

 

Edgehawk and Cartergame like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boss.. I guess I have been somewhat overbearing.. Wait! Madam?! Astrid smiles, in spite of herself.

Boss, huh? I'll own it. I guess I have been spouting orders, like I run the show, here... Sorry. I know you don't need that- it's the control freak in me coming out, under stress.

But madam! Unless I attain high political office, or open a brothel, I don't want to hear that again for at least another fifty years! 

Astrid assists Zyi as best she can. She sees what he is doing, but is grateful for the distraction. Eventually, it even works, and she finds herself truly lost in the endeavor.

When he holds the crystal up to the light, she is caught by its raw beauty. And her Omwati friend is right- inert geology, it is not!

I suspect it to be some sort of Kyber crystal. From the coloration, it could be an Ilum crystal, but then that is also the only specific type I can think of, offhand. Though essentially mineral in composition, they are attuned to the living Force, and have been used to focus it, for ages. Notably in saber construction. You are using it to power this... device?

Cartergame likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zyi shrugs.

Why the frak not? We'll see if it works or not... I mean it feels weird holding it. See what i mean.

He hands the crystal over to Astrid. 

Its tingly like getting zapped by a crossed wire... But like emotionally... If that makes any sense...

I'm not in tune with the force, so this might be a thunderbolt to you.

 

Edited by TheShard
Edgehawk and Cartergame like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Astrid accepts the crystal, and there is indeed the sense of vast, barely contained energy within. Her hackles rise, a prickling sensation, and.. she feels burdened with the weight of the responsibility, like holding a child.. such power is not to be trifled with, must be respected, protected.. (Astrid also Senses all living things within Short Range).

Description "Sense" when she accepts crystal from Zyi
Results 1eF1 Dark Side [1eF=DS]
f-ds.png
Cartergame likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yorik very carefully calculated their odds of survival against Mr. Zando at less than 5%.  

Even less, if they tried to retrieve Astrid's clone sister and mother at the same time.   They needed to withdraw, come up with a better plan of action, then frag the machine, the ship, and the whole operation.   

He was getting awfully sick of those with wealth and power treating all others as if they were worthless tools.   

Zando was no different than Insanire.  They were both similar to the Hutts in his opinion. 

Frell them all...

It was good that they were back on the Hind but the ship no longer felt like home. Everything felt tainted somehow. 

Corrupted because it was Zando's and now that they'd met him... They less they were connected the better. 

Frell.... Poor Astrid...

He didn't know how to even begin apologizing for what she must have gone through.   Must still be going through.  

There would definitely be a reckoning.   First, they'd have to deal with Insanire.  Then, there would be time to deal with Zando.

Edited by Cartergame
TheShard and Edgehawk like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i say, mighty interesting eh? I mean i think the force is kinda cheating, talking away all the hard work out of the equation, so frell the force, ill cheat at tge force... Plus all that cybertech junk you want me handling... Crazy looking stuff. I'm gonna need some help. I mean after sustaining head a massive head injury... He taps the mess of tech that is the back oh his skull, Im really running on like half a brain. So I'm gonna kriffen cheat, like every lazy bastard that I've suffered. 

He flashes a wicked knarled grin.

If this does what i hoping it will, frakker will light up my noggin like an arc welder in deepspace.

His smile grows even bigger, his scared skin stretching awkwardly over high chwekbones. His teeth like incoming shrapnel.

...or kill me.

Edgehawk and Cartergame like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now, you're just damaged enough, to continue in this crazy venture with the rest of us.. And using all available tools is not cheating. Whether it's utilizing advanced tech, or manipulating the Force.. or an amalgamation of both, such as you are attempting here- being capable of tapping into such resources gives us an edge. An edge we are going to need, against adversaries using every tool available to them, as well.

Come to think of it, I sort of feel like a tool that has been used, myself..

Anyway.. These things are not what define us, either individually, or as a team. Our innate awesomeness does that. Astrid smiles, then reverts to a more serious expression:

If you truly think your death could result, however, perhaps we should try this thingamajig out on Durrak first? She maintains her deadpan long enough to register a worried look from Zyi, then relents.

Kidding, kidding.. I was pretty sithed at his response to Lady Xirrix's torturous murder.. But upon reflection, I think I was mostly angry with my own glib reply, however disengenuous. 

So we're freelance now, right? Zando must die, of course. Or whatever that was back there.

Oh.. And thanks for being a good friend, and a good listener, too. I just hope you can multitask with that half-a-brain of yours.. with the way I've been babbling throughout this whole delicate process... I'll shut up, now.

Edited by Edgehawk
Cartergame and TheShard like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now