April

Alchemical Problems IC RPG thread

2,112 posts in this topic

Yorik was stunned.... Lady Xirrik was dead.  Mr. Zando was possibly moments away from doing the exact same thing to them all.  Yorik became completely still and just focused on his breathing.  Discipline.  Remember your training.  Exactly for times like these.  His Danger Sense had kicked in immediately when the miraluka approached and entered his personal space and he was on high alert after seeing Lady Xirrik get torn in half.

"Mr. Zando, with all due respect, sir.  We've completed every mission that you set before and achieved most of the primary mission objectives within your stated parameters.  However, when the situation and environment required split second decision making, we had to make those adjustments and act and react accordingly, sir.

"We... " He maintained his calm in the face of his rising anger.  Anger would not help any of them so he went silent. 

He admired Astrid's composure in their current situation.  Her natural instincts had kicked in to save them all and he realized that he'd paused as he was considering which targets to neutralize first.  It was smart to lay his weapons down on the ground at his feet or he'd certainly be tempted to consider using them...

"A new mission, yes sir..."

The Enemy of my Enemy is my Ally.  Mr. Zando is the enemy of the Hutts.  Insanire.  The Sith.  He is our Ally and our Patron.  He is our Benefactor.  There is a price we must all pay in order to achieve our goals.  To achieve those goals, if we must do as Mr. Zando asks then we must trust that there is a higher purpose.  We must trust.  We can trust.  In ourselves.  

Edited by Cartergame
Edgehawk likes this

Astrid takes her time removing the dart launchers and unslinging her bag of grenades, waiting to see if her companions are going to comply. She half-expects Yorik to unleash into the mist, but is relieved when the arms start dropping. Good. They understand. 

Continuing her disarmament, she sets her holdout blaster and lancer on the deck, and steps back, waiting for the entity to resolve itself from the mist. 

Cartergame likes this

14 hours ago, Cartergame said:

Yorik was stunned.... Lady Xirrik was dead.  Mr. Zando was possibly moments away from doing the exact same thing to them all.  Yorik became completely still and just focused on his breathing.  Discipline.  Remember your training.  Exactly for times like these.  His Danger Sense had kicked in immediately when the miraluka approached and entered his personal space and he was on high alert after seeing Lady Xirrik get torn in half.

"Mr. Zando, with all due respect, sir.  We've completed every mission that you set before and achieved most of the primary mission objectives within your stated parameters.  However, when the situation and environment required split second decision making, we had to make those adjustments and act and react accordingly, sir.

"We... " He maintained his calm in the face of his rising anger.  Anger would not help any of them so he went silent. 

He admired Astrid's composure in their current situation.  Her natural instincts had kicked in to save them all and he realized that he'd paused as he was considering which targets to neutralize first.  It was smart to lay his weapons down on the ground at his feet or he'd certainly be tempted to consider using them...

"A new mission, yes sir..."

The Enemy of my Enemy is my Ally.  Mr. Zando is the enemy of the Hutts.  Insanire.  The Sith.  He is our Ally and our Patron.  He is our Benefactor.  There is a price we must all pay in order to achieve our goals.  To achieve those goals, if we must do as Mr. Zando asks then we must trust that there is a higher purpose.  We must trust.  We can trust.  In ourselves.  

" most..... Most....MOST!!!! I DO NOT PAY YOU FOR MOST!!! "

" maybe you require an implant... to ensure obedience?. The Force must Die all other concerns are Secondary"

( you have all heard the giggling but always just out of earshot... has Zando been following you?)

there are several clunks and some sort of pod  bushes forwards... it opens with a gush of air.... inside is something unexpected.... a small girl.... ( Astrid instantly recognises her it looks like pictures of her mother??.. or possibly some other female relative??)

" Do you like my new body?, "it says... "Your Genetic Material was useful... I did promise there were no more clones... of you." 

Cartergame and Edgehawk like this

And with that, Astrid shuts her mouth, finding herself at an uncharacteristic loss for clever responses.

Not exactly the reunion I'd envisioned... 

Eventually she manages:

Your latest incarnation is.. terrible to behold, indeed. 

Cartergame likes this

Description Perception
Results 2eA+1eP+1eB+2eD: 2 successes [2eA=S/S, S] [1eP=S/A] [1eB=-] [2eD=F/F, Th]
a-s-s.pnga-s.pngp-s-a.pngb--.pngd-f-f.pngd-th.png

(You didn't specify difficulty, so please let me know if I need to re-roll) @April

Cartergame likes this

14 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:
Description Perception
Results 2eA+1eP+1eB+2eD: 2 successes [2eA=S/S, S] [1eP=S/A] [1eB=-] [2eD=F/F, Th]
a-s-s.pnga-s.pngp-s-a.pngb--.pngd-f-f.pngd-th.png

(You didn't specify difficulty, so please let me know if I need to re-roll) @April

2 purples is fine ( nobody can offset this via strain sorry) 

Edgehawk likes this

Astrid hardly notices the poor emancipated creature, so transfixed is she by the small figure who looks so much like the images she'd seen of her mother. Except my mother should not be a young girl!? 

Latest incarnation of what? Who are you? 

TheShard likes this

2 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Astrid hardly notices the poor emancipated creature, so transfixed is she by the small figure who looks so much like the images she'd seen of her mother. Except my mother should not be a young girl!? 

Latest incarnation of what? Who are you? 

" zando of course... I'm old and thus  Through a mix of genetic experimentation and these artifacts I am... Well I need not worry about age or death"

" NOW GO AND BRING ME MY PRIZE!!!"

TheShard and Edgehawk like this

16 hours ago, April said:

" zando of course... I'm old and thus  Through a mix of genetic experimentation and these artifacts I am... Well I need not worry about age or death"

" NOW GO AND BRING ME MY PRIZE!!!"

This whole meeting did not go as Bennar envisioned. Not in the least. Now this? Just what is going on here? Zando isn't really Mr. Zando....or does it change bodies and was originally a Mr.? Perhaps we have some genetic material from our Sith friend in the medbay of our ship. If we could get ahold of Zando's cloning technology could we bring her back? Would it still be her? Or would that just pervert what she is and was like what this Zando creature is right now?

Zando, one question before we do. If you are as powerful as you appear, why do you need us to retrieve anything for you?

Edgehawk, Cartergame and TheShard like this

6 minutes ago, TheGuardian118 said:

This whole meeting did not go as Bennar envisioned. Not in the least. Now this? Just what is going on here? Zando isn't really Mr. Zando....or does it change bodies and was originally a Mr.? Perhaps we have some genetic material from our Sith friend in the medbay of our ship. If we could get ahold of Zando's cloning technology could we bring her back? Would it still be her? Or would that just pervert what she is and was like what this Zando creature is right now?

Zando, one question before we do. If you are as powerful as you appear, why do you need us to retrieve anything for you?

( give me a quick perception check)

TheShard and TheGuardian118 like this

I should think it obvious that Zando's current physical host is ill-suited to such rigorous adventures. At this, Astrid juts her chin in the direction of the young girl before them.

Addressing Zando again: If you are finished with your mouthpiece (indicating the sobbing creature, now disconnected from its hydraulic contraptions), perhaps it might prove useful to us in our endeavors? Bennar-give it a full physical, once we're back on the... Hind? Turning again to the girl, questioning. Or have we been demoted to crewing with Yellowhiskers and his explosive.. personality?

TheShard and Cartergame like this

6 minutes ago, April said:

the old man is saying ... I' am. zando..  the machine beware the machine

Zando? Uh Astrid, I don't think that child is Zando, but I do agree we should take that man with us.

Is this machine...droid what is causing this? Has it merged with an evil side of the force, granting it unusual powers? We need to get out of here, and maybe Zando can fill us in once he is away from it's influence.

Edgehawk, TheShard and Cartergame like this

7 hours ago, TheGuardian118 said:

(Not particularly, it was more being a little apprehensive and trying to get everyone on board to leave ASAP)

the machine itself seems to stop . the Female figure retreats back into the smoke

you get the feeling it may be thinking... perhaps it's time to make a retreat?... " you may go" a voice says... mechanical....  

the old man hides behind a pillar...  "It can Not see, flee my friends ... fleeeeee"

Edgehawk and Cartergame like this

At the suggestion of the old man Shard lets the smoke obscure the female figure and disappears. The stealthfield seems to be working well. He moves to the small man as fast as he can. "Do you want to come with us? What's going on here... Quickly tell me?"

Edited by TheShard
Cartergame and Edgehawk like this