Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Wolfren696

Quick questions

Recommended Posts

Note: Unlike our other Beginner Games, The Force Awakens Beginner Game will not be followed by a new Star Wars RPG game line.

 

I dont know if this was ask before but, it this mean that FFG is not going to release a core rule book for the Force and Awakens?

 

Thank you in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is correct. Per FFG's statement, there will be no Star Wars: The Force Awakens Core Rulebook. The Beginner Game is designed to give new players a bit of a taste of the existing lines.

There is a great deal of speculation, however, that they will at some future point release a sourcebook dedicated to the sequel trilogy. It just doesn't make sense to do so right now with only one movie from that era released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct.

As things currently stand, the TFA Beginner Box is a stand-alone product.  And since right now we really only have a single movie for that era, there's really not enough information to warrant a separate full core rulebook without reprinting a whole lot more than just the rules from the other three core rulebooks.  And there's already been plenty of complaining about FFG going with three core rulebooks for their Star Wars system that they aren't like to consider a fourth rulebook any time in the immediate future.

Now, as more films and novels around that era get released, there's an increasing likelihood that we might see a sourcebook for that era, but said splat probably wouldn't see a release until after Episode 9 has hit theaters.  Also, having it as a single sourcebook works as there are portions of the RPG's customer base that thus far don't care for how things are thus far shaking out in the new films and would prefer to ignore the new canon in favor of the previous Legends take on events after RotJ or something else entirely.  To say nothing of folks that have already shelled out a pretty penny for the three existing core rulebooks, and might feel slighted that they've got to buy a fourth set of the core rules to get the new TFA-era material.

Or, what might be a possibility if/when they consider doing a second edition is to make that book a bit more "setting agnostic" so that they can roll elements of the TFA era in as well as touch upon Rebellion Era stuff.  But that's quite the long shot, and probably something you shouldn't get your hopes up for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

That is correct. Per FFG's statement, there will be no Star Wars: The Force Awakens Core Rulebook. The Beginner Game is designed to give new players a bit of a taste of the existing lines.

There is a great deal of speculation, however, that they will at some future point release a sourcebook dedicated to the sequel trilogy. It just doesn't make sense to do so right now with only one movie from that era released.

 

Hi @Nytwyng when you said speculations are you talking about speculations coming from FFG or the community?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Donovan Morningfire said:

Correct.

As things currently stand, the TFA Beginner Box is a stand-alone product.  And since right now we really only have a single movie for that era, there's really not enough information to warrant a separate full core rulebook without reprinting a whole lot more than just the rules from the other three core rulebooks.  And there's already been plenty of complaining about FFG going with three core rulebooks for their Star Wars system that they aren't like to consider a fourth rulebook any time in the immediate future.

Now, as more films and novels around that era get released, there's an increasing likelihood that we might see a sourcebook for that era, but said splat probably wouldn't see a release until after Episode 9 has hit theaters.  Also, having it as a single sourcebook works as there are portions of the RPG's customer base that thus far don't care for how things are thus far shaking out in the new films and would prefer to ignore the new canon in favor of the previous Legends take on events after RotJ or something else entirely.  To say nothing of folks that have already shelled out a pretty penny for the three existing core rulebooks, and might feel slighted that they've got to buy a fourth set of the core rules to get the new TFA-era material.

Or, what might be a possibility if/when they consider doing a second edition is to make that book a bit more "setting agnostic" so that they can roll elements of the TFA era in as well as touch upon Rebellion Era stuff.  But that's quite the long shot, and probably something you shouldn't get your hopes up for.

 

@Donovan Morningfire Thank you for the explanation. It  makes a lot sense to me right now. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Wolfren696 said:

Hi @Nytwyng when you said speculations are you talking about speculations coming from FFG or the community?

Speculation among the community.

As Donovan touched upon, there's also community speculation that, once the new trilogy is completed, the timing would be ripe for an updated edition of the core rules that combines the three CRB's into a singular "Star Wars Roleplaying Core Rulebook," allowing for more generic (for want of a better term) "SWRP" sourcebooks.

Of course, that's all pure guesswork on our parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nytwyng said:

Speculation among the community.

As Donovan touched upon, there's also community speculation that, once the new trilogy is completed, the timing would be ripe for an updated edition of the core rules that combines the three CRB's into a singular "Star Wars Roleplaying Core Rulebook," allowing for more generic (for want of a better term) "SWRP" sourcebooks.

Of course, that's all pure guesswork on our parts.

 

Thank You :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...