Sign in to follow this  
simpatikool

CC Initial Fleet Build and Strategy

Hey Fellas,

Getting ready for my first Corellian Campaign and looking for feedback on the fleet. 

I have been experimenting with the Interdictor for awhile now, and I definitely want to run one on the campaign. Getting the right fleet composition is of course, always the initial fun part.

Starting Fleet.....

13th ION Interdiction Fleet  
Author: Simpatikool

Faction: Galactic Empire

Commander: Admiral Konstantine

Assault Objective: Station Assault
Defense Objective: Contested Outpost
Navigation Objective: Solar Corona

[ flagship ] Interdictor-class Suppression Refit (90 points)
-  Admiral Konstantine  ( 23  points) 
-  Phylon Q7 Tractor Beams  ( 6  points) 
119 total ship cost

Victory II-Class Star Destroyer (85 points)
-  Gunnery Team  ( 7  points) 
92 total ship cost

Victory II-Class Star Destroyer (85 points)
-  Gunnery Team  ( 7  points) 
92 total ship cost

3 VT-49 Decimators ( 66 points) 
1 Saber Squadron ( 12 points) 
1 TIE Interceptor Squadron ( 11 points) 
1 TIE Fighter Squadron ( 8 points) 

Card view link

Fleet created with Armada Warlords

So:

The strategy of the Fleet is to use to Interdictor's GRAV Shift on objective based missions in the CC to eek out an advantage. Essentially GRAV Shift can move objectives distance 1-2 away from its initial setup location after fleets have been set up, but before the first turn. That allows me to take advantage of missions like Show of Force as well as all the outpost and base missions that use stations in the CC. Additionally, with Konstantine, Experimental projectors and Tractor beams, it allows the slow fleet to lock down enemy ships. Additionally the Interdictor STOPS enemy ships in range 1-5 from hyperspace fleeing. Finally, ships t Speed 0 don't get to use Defense tokens. So, it could be quite annoying for opponents having all the slow the enemy down affects.

Squadron support is supposed to be self sufficient, the main focus is Air Superiority, once complete they can attack ships. Decimators are good with that due to 3 dice and rogue. The Tie  and the interceptors are really there just to engage any bastages that don't get decimated.

Ships start out with only one upgrade. When they advance my thoughts are...

For the Interdictor, I would prioritize Grav shift re route and experimental projectors, projection experts the interdictor title and then SW7 Batteries. 

For the V2s, I want tractor beams, SW7 batteries, XX9 Turbo-lasers and then whatever officer makes sense. I won't lie, I am also thinking that instead of Gunnery teams, taking Sensor Teams. Alternatively, I could spec one of the Vics to be a carrier, improving my squadron activations. And finally, I could drop some squadrons, like a Decimator to pick up a Gozanti cruiser.

The fleet is susceptible to spam fleets of lots of little ships. However, they likely cannot stop my fleet from destroying station objectives and winning the scenarios. Another weakness of the fleet is that it can be out activated pretty easily. 

Thanks 

This is similar to my list. I too and starting cc tomorrow.

[ flagship ] Interdictor-class Suppression Refit (90 points)
-  Admiral Konstantine  
   Targeting Scrambler  ( 5  points) 

Victory I-Class Star Destroyer (73 points)
-  Phylon Q7 Tractor Beams  ( 6  points)

Victory I-Class Star Destroyer (73 points)
I'm debating whether to give this one the Tractor beam too or go with some weapon upgrade

Gozanti-class Cruisers (23 points)
-  Slicer Tools  ( 7  points)  Stop pesky engineering or squadron commands.
= 30 total ship cost

2 TIE Advanced Squadrons ( 24 points) 
2 TIE Fighter Squadrons ( 16 points) 
2 YV-666s ( 30 points)

Im not a fan of Decimators, but your mileage may very. 

I think the VSD/Dictor fleet is going to be a solid one, but I think leaving out a Lambda shuttle is a mistake if your goal is abuse objectives for narrow wins.

Also, speed shenanigans are fun, but remember their net damage is zero. It's possible to invest so many points into speed control that you don't have enough room in your stretegy or point cap to actually destroy ships. Maybe cut down some of that emphasis and pick up a heavy threat or two as well. 

[ EMPIRE FLEET (400 points)
1 • Interdictor Suppression Refit - Admiral Konstantine - G-8 Experimental Projector (121)
2 • Victory II-class Star Destroyer - Gunnery Team (92)
3 • Victory II-class Star Destroyer - Gunnery Team (92)
4 • Morna Kee VT-49 Decimator (27)
5 • Saber Squadron TIE Interceptor Squadron (12)
6 • TIE Interceptor Squadron (11)
7 • TIE Interceptor Squadron (11)
8 • Gozanti-class Cruisers - Comms Net (25)
9 • Black Squadron TIE Fighter Squadron (9)

Id suggest this instead. Decimaters are heavy, so Morna is just to good to pass up, and squints will make a better initial screen. The gozantis can spam repairs or squadrons and help vs rebel msu.... and G8s can get some enemies to speed 0..... but if you prefer the permanent reduction then switch out black squadron for another squint.