Dr Lucky

Fully Operational - Engineer Source book Announced

1 minute ago, Swordbreaker said:

You could link images from a file sharing site, like dropbox or onenote.

That would require me to understand any of those sites. I'm a Commander for a reason.

Lessons Learned for all of them, one advantage.

Schematic or schematic by another name, Assembly Plans. Triumph.

Threats tend to upgrade a future mechanics check on it for assembly, repair, etc. 

Advantages can either reduce your buck or increase your bang.

Specific examples for engine(number of advantages/threats)

Enhanced output: increase speed by one, (two)

Fine Tuned circuits: increase SST by 1 (two)

Enhanced Power to Deflectors: + 1 defense to all zones or +2 defense to one zone. (Three)

Treacherous to repair: upgrade difficulty of repairing crits once. Can be selected only once (two).

Unreliable Output: GM can spend 3 threats or 1 Dispair on a piloting check to have it suffer the Power fluctuations crit (three)

Just a few examples 

58 minutes ago, Dayham said:

Lessons Learned for all of them, one advantage.

Schematic or schematic by another name, Assembly Plans. Triumph.

Threats tend to upgrade a future mechanics check on it for assembly, repair, etc. 

Advantages can either reduce your buck or increase your bang.

Specific examples for engine(number of advantages/threats)

Enhanced output: increase speed by one, (two)

Fine Tuned circuits: increase SST by 1 (two)

Enhanced Power to Deflectors: + 1 defense to all zones or +2 defense to one zone. (Three)

Treacherous to repair: upgrade difficulty of repairing crits once. Can be selected only once (two).

Unreliable Output: GM can spend 3 threats or 1 Dispair on a piloting check to have it suffer the Power fluctuations crit (three)

Just a few examples 

So what are you rolling? Do they have templates or are there specific entries for each possible frame, Hull and engine? 

Assembly difficulty is based off of silhouette. Each silhouette also has a max speed, regardless of engine capability.

Sil.-Max speed.

0-4 

1-4

2-5

3-6

4-4

5-3

6-3

7-3

8+-2

Space Sations have a speed of zero. Engines are basically just shield generators for them.

Now I'm really excited to pick up my copy. My Ace/Driver recently picked up a new M3-A Scyk and the Rigger spec. Tempted to have him rebuild it with the new crafting rules to see what sort of insanity he can get away with. Push the Specs also appeals to him, since he's soon going to pick up Supreme Full Throttle. Imagining him buzzing Imperial bases before the TIE pilots can get their pants on.

1 hour ago, Dayham said:

Assembly difficulty is based off of silhouette. Each silhouette also has a max speed, regardless of engine capability.

Sil.-Max speed.

0-4 

1-4

2-5

3-6

4-4

5-3

6-3

7-3

8+-2

Space Sations have a speed of zero. Engines are basically just shield generators for them.

Nuts, no speed 4 sil 5 ships

Also received book today and had a couple of hours to read before going to work.

Notable impressions:

One of the triumph options in frame crafting allows to to decrease or increase silhouette  by 1 (can only be selected ones).  This would seems like my go to choice for spending first triumph :).

The way ship crafting works is the frame selection give specific amount of hard points (for example 10 for silhouette 4) then engines and hull act as components that you spend hard points on.  Stronger options for those cost more hard point leaving less (or none left).  Engines and Hull can be modded to improve those stats too just like regular attachments.

You can stack an absurd amount of armor in hull crafting at the cost of a lot of hard points.  Armored hull option allows 3 as base with 3 mod options for 1 extra each (6 total).  Than if you lucky when crafting hull for two advantages you can armor by one and that option can be taken up to a number time of ship's silhouette.

There is an obvious mistake in frame charts starting with corvette and higher as they all say silhouette 4 HT 25 in the chart.  That bugged me a lot until I realize that the long text version for each of those frame give correct Silhouette and HT in it.

On a final note I am a little disappointed that scoundrels still make the best designers as unmatched fortune is still a god's (or force's ) gift when crafting thing and signature abilities in this book, while nice, don't help with crafting at all.

Edited by flarebright
a little better

2 hours ago, TheShard said:

Weak foundation question what is considered a structure?

"Bunker, weapon emplacement, or other fixed combat structure (Subject To The GM's Approval^TM)"

Edited by Dayham

2 hours ago, Gelanin said:

Each type of frame, engine or hull has it's own cost, time to construct, and difficulty. 

Which skills do the checks use ?

I haven’t got it (yet), but they all sound like Mechanics 

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

YES!

YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES! IT'S COMING! IT'S FINALLY COMING! 

SPOILERS ARE HERE! BOOK IS COMING!

HYPE TRAIN BOARDING!  THE STAR WARS LINE IS BACK! PRAISE BE TO THE FORCE! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!

PARTY!

Kah4ASE.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_lonum2hefj1qabfx1o1_500.gif

zFZhzuLjKKA2A1.gif?resize=633,258