Dr Lucky

Fully Operational - Engineer Source book Announced

What else are they delaying? As far as I know only the rpg line is delayed and older products aren’t being released instead newer ones are. Fully operational should have released before dawn of the rebellion. Legion is obviously not delayed it’s coming out on time. So why are they delaying it? Where are the other books? They have been on the boat for all the same amount of time so they should all be available to send to stores by now even if they were sent on different boats of different speeds by now they should be shipping to stores.

Other people on this forum are -guessing- they are artificially delaying the books so all the focus is on legion. Which is crap for how long we have already been waiting.

For all the waiting it’s not a matter of delays outside the hands of FFG they must have the books by now and for whatever reason they are waiting to release the books. Being they aren’t communicating we are left to guess why they are holding onto their product.

1 hour ago, Banditks said:

What else are they delaying? As far as I know only the rpg line is delayed and older products aren’t being released instead newer ones are. Fully operational should have released before dawn of the rebellion. Legion is obviously not delayed it’s coming out on time. So why are they delaying it? Where are the other books? They have been on the boat for all the same amount of time so they should all be available to send to stores by now even if they were sent on different boats of different speeds by now they should be shipping to stores.

Other people on this forum are -guessing- they are artificially delaying the books so all the focus is on legion. Which is crap for how long we have already been waiting.

For all the waiting it’s not a matter of delays outside the hands of FFG they must have the books by now and for whatever reason they are waiting to release the books. Being they aren’t communicating we are left to guess why they are holding onto their product.

Legion gets released over the next few weeks. If they had the books ready to release they would have done so a few weeks ago and Legion would still get its perfect spotlight day.

Personally, I have my doubts about some of these “on the boat” statuses. But what the actual problems are is pure conjecture. I really, really doubt they have the books ready to release though. Postponing a release creates problems beyond customer dissatisfaction. I don’t see any reason to do that if FFG doesn’t have to.

Edited by nameless ronin

It’s just strange that a book “dawn of the rebellion” that has had less development time and was put “on the boat” at the same time and it gets released before other the other books like “fully operational” that has had a longer development time and has been delayed longer.

If they weren’t put on a boat at the same time as dawn of the rebellion then why update the site to say so? And if it is still at the printer why not leave it under that? Putting it under “on the boat” with 3 other products at the same time and then only releasing one is a clear showing they have it and they are holding it for some unknown reason. And it makes no sense because they aren’t saying -anything- to anyone which is in itself strange.

Edited by Banditks

56 minutes ago, Banditks said:

Putting it under “on the boat” with 3 other products at the same time and then only releasing one is a clear showing they have it and they are holding it for some unknown reason.

Yeah, no. As proof goes, that’s not very convincing. Not necessarily the same boat, to be honest the status update itself is kinda suspect given that according to you they either must be lying about it going on the boat or about it still being on the boat, and maybe something went wrong at some point and the product is not fit for release. I really, really doubt FFG would sit on product that could be released, so it’s costing them money instead of bringing in a profit.

So, while I'm as frustrated with the delay as any of you (not specifically for the sake of Fully Operational, more for the fact that the book I want is at the back of the line, and any delay to FO is a delay to my book), my current guess is that FFG didn't, in fact, have these books in hand until yesterday.  Or at least, didn't have them in hand in any form of shippable state until yesterday.

My guess is that they were on the same boat as Legion, hence the changing status at the same time.  However, since Legion is a new product launch that has already been delayed as well (I believe it was originally scheduled for a late Q3, or a mid-Q4 release), that is meant to appeal to a wider audience base and create a larger amount of revenue, and requires more logistical management due to larger volume per item and larger quantity of items (due to it being a new product release, and due to the fact that there are ancillary products, such as rulers, dice, and mini-expansions, that are like-wise necessary), I think they just didn't have the infrastructure available to get a new book and Legion out the same day.  Coupled with the fact that they definitely want Legion to have a spotlight day without competing with other Star Wars products, they simply chose to delay the shipping of the new RPG books one week.

If we see, like I'm expecting, Fully Operational (or, dream scenario, all three books) change status next week, we'll basically have confirmation that this is the case.  If it is, my guess is they paid extra to have Dawn of Rebellion rushed here, which is why it came out early, probably because they wanted (or LucasFilm demanded) it to be released before the Rebels finale that just happened/is currently happening.  Because of the heavy Rebels influence, that book was technically on a timer, whereas the others aren't.

And the fact that Dim Carcosa also releases on the same day doesn't necessarily negate this hypothesis: it's not a Star Wars product, so it's not competing with Legion on that front; those mini-packs are much smaller than an RPG book (my guess is 20% to 25% the size by volume), and the plastic covering provides decent protection, meaning less packing volume needed as well.  Plus, they're cheaper, once again preventing both stores and players from having to split their money as much.

Now, all that said, this is all still a hypothesis.  We can't know if it's true directly.  That means that next week is crucial.  While the weight of the wait seems to be literally crushing me at times, I can understand rushing Dawn to get it here before Rebels ends, and delaying us one week to give their important new line a good opening day.  Those things are reasonable, even if they leave me grumpy.  But if we don't start shipping next week, then my hypothesis is wrong, and I can't come up with any more that would explain events in a satisfactory manner.

If that were to happen, I may actually quit the line, at least for a while.  My Brain doesn't deal well with stresses like this, and I'm afraid I might literally snap if I allow myself to obsess over this too much more...

Edited by Absol197

10 hours ago, nameless ronin said:

Yeah, no. As proof goes, that’s not very convincing. Not necessarily the same boat, to be honest the status update itself is kinda suspect given that according to you they either must be lying about it going on the boat or about it still being on the boat, and maybe something went wrong at some point and the product is not fit for release. I really, really doubt FFG would sit on product that could be released, so it’s costing them money instead of bringing in a profit.

You're wasting electrons. Trolls think everyone is a troll, so it makes sense to them that a profit-oriented company would withold a product they've paid to produce and is costing them money to store, rather than release it for sale, just for ***** and giggles.

15 hours ago, nameless ronin said:

Here’s hoping! 

And also that the books don’t go out of stock in a matter of days after the non-US releases...

Dawn of Rebellion is out of stock at the EU distributor before it's hit stores (as in they only had enough to cover the initial orders, which means anyone ordering it 'as it's released' could well be out of luck.

Edited by Evilref

4 minutes ago, Evilref said:

Dawn of Rebellion is out of stock at the EU distributor before it's hit stores (as in they only had enough to cover the initial orders, which means anyone ordering it 'as it's released' could well be out of luck.

On the up side, it's showing on the New Releases list for Esdevium in the UK, scheduled for release March 15th, so hopefully those of us who pre-ordered will have it in a week or so.

1 hour ago, Dafydd said:

On the up side, it's showing on the New Releases list for Esdevium in the UK, scheduled for release March 15th, so hopefully those of us who pre-ordered will have it in a week or so.

That's the distributor.

It's come in, but Esdevium are already 'out of stock', meaning that any store that hadn't already ordered copies, won't be getting any. Hence, say, if you look at Leisure Games' website, it's showing as 'out of stock' because all of their copies are already assigned to pre-orders.

So yes, upside is it's out over here next week, downside is that like Special Modifications, or No Disintegrations, people who haven't pre-ordered it could be out of luck (X amount of FLGS will have it in and on shelves, so it's not going to be impossible, but is another 'buy in the first two weeks or wait 6+ months to get).

Hopefully absol is right and we have movement next week wouldn’t want to see a person give completely up for a short while. 

I am just upset at the complete lack of communication and the upcoming page. FFG changes things on it and it makes no sense what so ever, what slow boat out of **** did they choose to put the other three books on and why not ship it all together [to save money] with dawn of the rebellion which obviously had no shipping problems and is released right now.

21 minutes ago, Banditks said:

Hopefully absol is right and we have movement next week wouldn’t want to see a person give completely up for a short while. 

I am just upset at the complete lack of communication and the upcoming page. FFG changes things on it and it makes no sense what so ever, what slow boat out of **** did they choose to put the other three books on and why not ship it all together [to save money] with dawn of the rebellion which obviously had no shipping problems and is released right now.

I agree with you on both accounts. 

It will be a sad day if @Absol197 decides to take a break from the game and or the forums.

And a little better communication from FFG  would go a long way. 

Neither of which sounds trollish to me.

Other than that there really isn't much worthwhile to say on the matter.

56 minutes ago, Banditks said:

Shipping everything together doesn’t necessarily save any money (that would depend on the number of containers needed) and as @Absol197 says, DotR may have been rushed (at extra cost) to coincide with the Rebels finale.

14 hours ago, themensch said:

Who here as written to customer service to ask for an update?

The like refers to the fact that I have contacted multiple departments asking for more info. The only response I have received was a "keep you eye on the news and updates page for any info"

5 hours ago, jayc007 said:

The like refers to the fact that I have contacted multiple departments asking for more info. The only response I have received was a "keep you eye on the news and updates page for any info"

That's been my experience too, but if only a few questions trickle in, no wonder they don't bother explaining.  

@Random Bystander that should have been funny not sad! Considering my question had mentioned that we as a community check those pages multiple times per day I found the response rather amusing.

49 minutes ago, themensch said:

That's been my experience too, but if only a few questions trickle in, no wonder they don't bother explaining.  

I'm certain more than a few ppl have asked. Personally i think that after ghosts and now this wait most ppl have given up thinking about what's going on... although probably not... star wars fans are notorious for being obsessive compulsive at the least.

And after my received responses I've decided that they don't pay attention to the questions asked so there's no real sense in asking any more.

6 minutes ago, jayc007 said:

@Random Bystander that should have been funny not sad! Considering my question had mentioned that we as a community check those pages multiple times per day I found the response rather amusing.

I'm certain more than a few ppl have asked. Personally i think that after ghosts and now this wait most ppl have given up thinking about what's going on... although probably not... star wars fans are notorious for being obsessive compulsive at the least.

And after my received responses I've decided that they don't pay attention to the questions asked so there's no real sense in asking any more.

I find it sad, poor customer service is not what anyone should do 

2 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

I find it sad, poor customer service is not what anyone should do 

Apparently their customer service on X-wing expansions and missing / broken parts is top notch. It seems that it's just the communication portion of their customer service that sucks * (asterick in case anyone was unsure of what I was implying, but you can fill it in with whatever word you choose)

42 minutes ago, jayc007 said:

Apparently their customer service on X-wing expansions and missing / broken parts is top notch. It seems that it's just the communication portion of their customer service that sucks * (asterick in case anyone was unsure of what I was implying, but you can fill it in with whatever word you choose)

Having worked in CustServ for a few years myself, I think the problem lies elsewhere. The ”Upcoming” page exists pretty much exactly for this. Customer Service referring to it is what they are supposed to do. They most likely have no better info than we do. The problem is that page and how it gets maintained. And for that problem, there are probably  multiple reasons. The result is the same for us - poor service - but it might not be as easy to solve as improving the customer service department.

Edited by nameless ronin

13 minutes ago, nameless ronin said:

Having worked in CustServ for a few years myself, I think the problem lies elsewhere. The ”Upcoming” page exists pretty much exactly for this. Customer Service referring to it is what they are supposed to do. They most likely have no better info than we do. The problem is that page and how it gets maintained. And for that problem, there are probably  multiple reasons. The result is the same for us - poor service - but it might not be as easy to solve as improving the customer service department.

I never said customer service department- the entire philosophy of a company was more my line

6 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

I never said customer service department- the entire philosophy of a company was more my line

I was replying specifically to the “communication portion of customer service sucks” comment. Communication is not, generally speaking, a customer service responsibility simply because that doesn’t (and pretty much can’t) work well.

1 hour ago, jayc007 said:

In the past, it has been. I've had broken ships replaced in short order several times, including a large scale Gozanti during the holidays.

But, currently, I've had an order for a replacement X-wing, Z-95, and TIE on hold waiting for parts since January.

50 minutes ago, nameless ronin said:

I was replying specifically to the “communication portion of customer service sucks” comment. Communication is not, generally speaking, a customer service responsibility simply because that doesn’t (and pretty much can’t) work well.

So an effective customer service response to my question would have been... "I have looked into the matter you asked about and I am sorry to say but the only response I am able to provide to you is to keep checking the upcoming and news pages. I will continue to explore further information on your behalf and if any other info becomes available to me that i am at liberty to share I will be sure to inform you immediately."

Further, i would say that customer relations is a large part of customer service which should fall under the public relations department umbrella of which communication is of the utmost importance. I have been know to be wrong once or twice... a day. But that is my opinion in any case.