Dr Lucky

Fully Operational - Engineer Source book Announced

Lord just imagining someone just finished watching TFA to discover the OT and PT before Rogue One is pointed out!

Just as they think they're ready for TLJ they then learn about Star Wars Rebels and the Ewok movies..

Can't help wondering how they fare today!

So they seem to be advertising everything but this book did I miss anything?

Edited by copperbell

4 hours ago, lordannoyed said:

How come mostly everything else in upcoming allows you to preorder but not this book?  Any ideas?  Are they already sold out before they even get the book out?

I'm fairly certain is because this book was announced before they added the "pre-order" option to their web site, so newer products have the option, but Fully Operational never has and never will. 

Just a hunch, though.  I do know for certain that Cyphers and Masks was the first Star Wars book to have that option.

7 hours ago, Absol197 said:

I'm fairly certain is because this book was announced before they added the "pre-order" option to their web site, so newer products have the option, but Fully Operational never has and never will. 

Just a hunch, though.  I do know for certain that Cyphers and Masks was the first Star Wars book to have that option.

I’ve seen a couple people report having preordered it, I don’t know whether they are accurate or not, but it is worth finding out. I think one was in @Absol197 your thread for predictions, rather recently. 

21 minutes ago, Khazadune said:

I’ve seen a couple people report having preordered it, I don’t know whether they are accurate or not, but it is worth finding out. I think one was in @Absol197 your thread for predictions, rather recently. 

I'd wager those are preorders through online or brick-and-mortar retailers, not directly through FFG.

44 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

I'd wager those are preorders through online or brick-and-mortar retailers, not directly through FFG.

This is what I did, others might have done it through Amazon.com or other online retailers.  But I have a "subscription" with my FLGS for every new EotE, AoR, and FaD, I previously would have said FFG star wars but Dawn of Rebellion, the FFG reprint of WEG star wars 1st ed, and now Genesys has made this not so straightforward anymore, I'm going to have to clarify this with my FLGS and figure out clear language or just eat the WEG reprints which wouldn't be terrible if it's just those two books which I don't have (I stated with the revieed and expanded 2nd edition core rule book and still have all my old WEG books which number about 20 or so, but definitely over 10).

37 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Come on already, change to shipping now

Careful. You are sounding almost as impatient as I sound?

Besides... it never changes on the weekend does it?

Edited by jayc007

I’ve already went through the seven stages of grief for this book. I can’t get angry about it anymore, I’m just annoyed that FFG couldn’t get their **** together, compounding Dathromir into Non-Fully Operational. 

On 2/4/2018 at 7:57 AM, Khazadune said:

I’ve already went through the seven stages of grief for this book. I can’t get angry about it anymore, I’m just annoyed that FFG couldn’t get their **** together, compounding Dathromir into Non-Fully Operational. 

[Elias' split personality alter ego]l

Unfortunately, I think you have time for another lap, but don't tell Elias that, he's still in denial :ph34r:

[/Elias' split personality alter ego]

:D

5 hours ago, Absol197 said:

Well, in theory you only have two more Saturdays after this without them.

I, on the other hand, have at least four more Saturdays before the book I'm jonesing for appears...

Unfortunately for me, it'll probably be 3 Saturdays in my case because my flgs gets its shipment 1 day too early and doesn't get product a day earlier than release date so 1 day early turns into 6 days late.

11 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

It Saturday again and I'm seriously jonesing for the starship crafting rules.

Totally feeling ya here. ??

10 hours ago, Absol197 said:

Well, in theory you only have two more Saturdays after this without them.

I, on the other hand, have at least four more Saturdays before the book I'm jonesing for appears...

It is possible it'l come early for you. Try to stay positive here. I know it's tough but try to be strong... if not for you then at least for us as we need your predictions so much... and by extension you as well. ?

Edited by jayc007